1. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $14.99 (US/print only). Offer ends April 30. Subscribe now! (Because great beer deserves great stories AND readers.)

What beer are you drinking now? #139

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by DerrickW, Mar 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DerrickW

DerrickW Advocate (550) Georgia Jan 17, 2013

Celebrating a promotion with the lady:

[​IMG]

And my main man:

[​IMG]

Cheers everyone!

2. kemoarps

kemoarps Advocate (665) Washington Apr 30, 2008

[​IMG]

So... by the second half of this bomber, I got kind of bored. So... on a whim, I popped a couple droppers of vanilla extract (why not? [zoidberg face]). so... actually kind of... worked? sort of? FUN TIMES

3. danieelol

danieelol Advocate (540) Australia Jun 15, 2010

I feel your pain, because living in Australia...I would never buy that beer.

4. kemoarps

Yeah... I wasn't the one who picked it out...

{...ELLIPSIS}

5. kemoarps

OK, enough of the alchemy (I wish [that was a heady topper joke {I wish I had access}]), now back to something I KNOW I enjoy, while stargazing on my roof and waiting for the long'd for sun to peep through the horns of the celestial ram:
    Red Chair NWPA time. Serious about the clambering up to the roof to invent my own constellations. I think I found spatula!!

6. IndyDad

IndyDad Champion (870) New York Jan 21, 2013

Ok, so I'm a few hours late. We had impromptu 11 o'clock beer night last night, and I may still be a little bit inebriated. Started with Barrel Aged Scotch Silly (wow). Then BCBCS, then Pretty Things Baby Tree, then Clown Shoes Angry Beast(wow), then Slumbrew My Better Half(imperial cream ale, wow!), then 21 st Amendment Lower de Boom Barleywine, the the new Mission Street 2013 Anniversary Ale from Trader Joes. Much coffee needed, snow blowing necessary, then back to work at noon. Hope I sober up by then.

FUNKPhD likes this.
  7. Mattyb79

Mattyb79 Advocate (530) Virginia Dec 11, 2012

Been off work for a couple hours now, so I started with a Southern Tier Unearthly IPA and now I'm enjoying a "Enjoy by 03.26.13".....at least that's what it says on the side of my Stone IPA. Cheers!

8. gshak

gshak Advocate (520) Texas Feb 20, 2011

It's been raining all morning, so might as well cheer up with a 2011 BBCS from the cellar. Drinking like a cherry cordial - a lot of fruity, dark chocolatey goodness. By far, the best bang for the buck as far as imperial stouts go.
    [​IMG]

9. jdhende

jdhende Savant (365) Illinois Sep 27, 2010

Pretty epic goose island night yesterday in Chicago Bottle #105 Ever made.

[​IMG]

10. Cheers to the Pavement!

I believe Scott Kannberg lives in Australia. And it's such a small country, I'm sure you run into him all the time :)

11. Cloudy beer for a cloudy day. Happy Friday!!!

[​IMG]

12. oh man Mercury beat me by 2 minutes.
    Happy Bday to me :D

[​IMG]

13. GraniteSkunk

GraniteSkunk Savant (375) Illinois Apr 17, 2007

Boss gave me today off because of all the damned snow-induced OT that I got earlier in the week.

Who needs coffee when one has Sucks?

[​IMG]

My last bottle. Time to get another six pack(I think I'm either six pack number 4 or 5)

kemoarps, Danmullens1, SWChi and 19 others like this.
  14. forgot to say this is my first very own can thanks to a recent trade.
    and also I drank the remainder from the can

FUNKPhD and creepinjeeper like this.
  15. Happy B-day!

Hopsiam14, FUNKPhD, jhartley and 2 others like this.
  16. dsal89

dsal89 Advocate (505) Indiana Jul 6, 2008

[​IMG]

While eating some homemade pulled pork with spicy honey bbq sauce and getting ready to watch some Vikings on History Channel.

4pk of Osiris and some Madden 13 later.

word

Cheers ladies and gentlemen!

17. Just having a coffee right now, but I will lift my mug to ya in a birthday toast! Cheers and Happy B-day!

18. ufmj

ufmj Savant (415) Florida Feb 15, 2013

Snow day = 3Beans x Sixpoint (can to snifter). Fasting on a Lenten Friday...like a monk.

19. cavedave

cavedave Poobah (1,035) New York Mar 12, 2009

Hard to believe they cancelled the event I had today, an outside tent setup for a womens' walk across the Hudson. Mmmmm, homebrewed Oak Bourbon Barleywine.
    [​IMG]

20. Alextricity

Alextricity Champion (795) Michigan Jun 18, 2012

[​IMG]
    Gumballhead. Final one out of my six pack. :( This beer is infinitely better when poured... I almost always drink at least one of my beers from a six pack out of the bottle to see how it tastes.

Unsurprisingly, the poured beer always tastes much, much better.

21. DanGolfs86

DanGolfs86 Savant (300) Illinois Dec 2, 2010

Morning Everyone. Thanks Randall!!!! Cheers!

Welcome to Chicago RareR DOS!
    [​IMG]

Cheers!
    [​IMG]

kemoarps, sleuthdog, Dagsy and 11 others like this.
  22. Nooner in the growler and nooner in the glass

[​IMG]
    image by dachshunddude86, on Flickr

Nooner is Pegs RareR with vanilla

alelover, rpbuckeye, tut2528 and 19 others like this.
  23. DanGolfs86

DanGolfs86 Savant (300) Illinois Dec 2, 2010

I swear that's what it needs, VANILLA!!!!!

24. [​IMG]
    Great on a snowy day in NH!

25. Delicious beer tasting last night:

[​IMG]

26. Consider this an off-day for me. Trying to protect the ever-thinning wallet with a variety-pack of the horrid American Adjuncts - Bud Heavy, Coors, and PBR, with a Red Strip for a little "excitement." Did enjoy a 'vertical' tasting last evening, with the 2010, 2011, and 2012 varieties. Got another 2012 in cellar to taste with another 2011 in a year or so.

FUNKPhD likes this.
  27. Alextricity

Alextricity Champion (795) Michigan Jun 18, 2012

[​IMG]
    Last one of these now. I liked it a lot more when I first had it, but now I'm a little more "meh" on it. Still a very good beer.

28. Metalaero

Metalaero Savant (250) New York Feb 16, 2013

All Day IPA right now. Later Founders Breakfast Stout, Rouges Chocolate Stout, Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout , and Oskar Blues Ten Fidy.

29. BlueRogue

BlueRogue Advocate (615) Maine May 1, 2011

Drinking a great black ipa, Smuttynose Noonan.

[​IMG]

30. Gameover170

Gameover170 Savant (330) Indiana Feb 8, 2013

Everything looks good in this picture except VOODOO!!! Not a fan at all

Bubbalito likes this.
  31. lovindahops

lovindahops Advocate (655) New York Mar 26, 2010

At Peekskill breweY enjoying some Simple Sours. It is great to be reunited with the Chief's magic down here!
    [​IMG]

32. It was as mediocre as I was expecting, and it was definitely the worst beer of the evening. I was underwhelmed by the Bacon Maple Ale, and I knew this one got bad reviews here, but I couldn't resist trying it. I hope they finally nail one of these sometime. I appreciate them at least trying.

33. Earlier, recieved as part of the beer of the month club for February. Pretty solid and very drinkable, no complaints.
    [​IMG]
    Now sippin on some All Day IPA. Love that I can have a few of these without feeling even remotely buzzed.
    [​IMG]

34. 4balance

4balance Initiate (0) Dec 11, 2011

Happy Birthday man! I will drink one in your honor when I finally get home from work…Cheers ~

animal69 and yamar68 like this.
  35. Good afternoon BA
    [​IMG]

36. Beer Geek Breakfast draft

[​IMG]

kemoarps, BB1313, FUNKPhD and 3 others like this.
  37. Gameover170

Gameover170 Savant (330) Indiana Feb 8, 2013

I agree....had to try it just because of the intrigue

38. Happy Birthday and good idea! I've got a birthday coming up later this month. I need to make a trade to get a HT and/or Westy 12 to enjoy that day.

39. ufmj

ufmj Savant (415) Florida Feb 15, 2013

Got my image hosting up and running. Snow day continues...

[​IMG]

tolar111 and JoeyBeerBelly like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.