1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

What beer are you drinking now? #153

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by schnarr84, Mar 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It is 1221am here in Calgary, so I figured why not start todays thread! Enjoying a nice $15 bottle of Mikkeller It's Alive! White Wine Barrel Aged w/ Lychee. Great sour nose where the wine barrel aging came through nicely. Has been in the bottle for over a year as well which didnt hurt it at all. Subtle lychee comes through on the pallette as well.
    FT: Honey Nut Cheerios ISO: Apple Jacks

[​IMG]
  2. The mikkeller went down so smooth I had to crack this and destroy my pallet with another sour.
    2008 Cantillon Grand Cru Brouscella. Lambic in its purest form. Zero carbonation, smells so funky. Almost like weed its so funky. Absolutely zero head even with vigorous pour. Such a smooth drinking beer. It is a 3 year old unblended lambic which has also spent 2 years in the bottle. Grabbed the last bottle sadly as I would definitely buy this again.
    Can't believe cantillon doesn't sell here. Sad.
    [​IMG]
    Pinche_Oso, JxExM, alysmith4 and 10 others like this.
  3. I definitely consider Sam Adams to be one of the best (perhaps THE best?) craft brewery for beer drinkers new to the craft beer world. Their seemingly endless array of beer styles and commitment to remaining true to the character and brewing process of each individual beer style they produce are huge reasons I continue to enjoy their beers and look for any new/never-tasted brews when I'm beer-shopping. Seriously, Canadian distributors and industry leaders would benefit the entire Canadian beer world by increasing Sam Adams varieties and availability and reaching new craft beer drinkers and untapped craft beer markets.
  4. i completely agree. when i want to grab a six of something it often ends up being SA. we just have an emerging craft beer market here that is saturated right now with over priced american bombers and one off beers. we dont even get as much canadian craft as we should.. phillips from BC, paddock wood from SK and half pints from MB are incredible brewers who are only in select stores. would love to see a bigger selection of SA but it probably wont happen for awhile and ill be stuck bringing back mixed sixes from montana
  5. Third big beer in a row. I spoil myself z
    Mikkeller Black Hole because why not. Seems fitting after a cantillon to change the pallet around

[​IMG]
    Pinche_Oso, JxExM, alysmith4 and 6 others like this.
  6. Ha I don't envy you there. But I'm glad to hear you're doing your part to stimulate America's economy (more than I can say for some of my fellow "Americans," unfortunately)! Here's to hoping the quality of beer selection exceeds the quantity in the future for Canadians. I'm a direct descendent of French Acadian settlers (granted, they ended up becoming the Cajuns of Louisiana), but that makes us somehow connected... right?
  7. ledzeppelin4

ledzeppelin4 Savant (365) Illinois May 18, 2011

Plead the 5th. A damn fine beer. I have one more with the intention of cellaring it, but that may be difficult with how delicious this one is tasting. Hopefully, I can at least have the willpower to save it until my birthday which is around Memorial Day.
  8. priwen

priwen Savant (380) Arkansas Apr 1, 2007

SN Kellerweis.

Thanks to supermodified this one is much more enjoyable than the one I had yesterday.
  9. Beefytits4

Beefytits4 Savant (475) Illinois Nov 2, 2011

FT: Butch's Chili pizza ISO: A slimmer waistline. Eh nevermind, It's Friday![​IMG]
  10. RyanCave

RyanCave Savant (475) Oregon Apr 13, 2011

great brew, was very happy with it[​IMG]

drank this last night btw, not at 1030 in the morning :)
    ripps1, lordofthewiens, Hanzo and 7 others like this.
  11. A bit early for a beer but I had a hankering for a bright, spring brew so a fresh Mayflower Spring Hop it is, with a sausage egg and cheese on an English muffin.
  12. Founders Porter. It might replace Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald is my go to porter.
  13. Looks like you have the beginning of a very nice day.
  14. Yes it is only looking up from here!
    Hotmetal1 likes this.
  15. BlackDragon

BlackDragon Initiate (0) Michigan Feb 16, 2013

Drugs are bad mmmmmmmm'kay
    iHEARTbeer247 and BeerLover99 like this.
  16. I'm not drinking this now but too excited to not post it. my first Cantillon! I bought a few of course.
    [​IMG]

can't wait to drink this. my gf just informed me we do not have a wine opener. guess ill have to wait till Sunday
    Pinche_Oso, JxExM, alysmith4 and 7 others like this.
  17. RyanCave

RyanCave Savant (475) Oregon Apr 13, 2011

[quote="
    can't wait to drink this. my gf just informed me we do not have a wine opener. guess ill have to wait till Sunday[/quote]

[​IMG]
  18. st9647v3

st9647v3 Advocate (655) New Jersey Dec 28, 2011

Starting the day off right:

[​IMG]

good day to all my fellow BA bretheren!
  19. Surely you must have neighbors though
  20. BeerLover99

BeerLover99 Advocate (735) Illinois Dec 13, 2008

(Lunch Time) Cracked open a potent Double IPA/Imperial IPA
    OH THE HUMANITY!!! :D

[​IMG]

21. [​IMG][/quote]
    LOL!! omg so true! hahaha I'm working doubles this weekend and I'll have no time to buy an opener let alone relax and drink them so my no beer during the week streak continues. I'm having withdrawals!! haha cheers
    drrone likes this.
  22. BeerKangaroo

BeerKangaroo Initiate (0) Alaska May 30, 2011

I like your tulip!, Good beer too!
    brewtaster likes this.
  23. BeerKangaroo

BeerKangaroo Initiate (0) Alaska May 30, 2011

Holy crap, that sounds spectacular!
    Dools9 likes this.
  24. BlueRogue

BlueRogue Advocate (615) Maine May 1, 2011

Drinking a couple of these.

[​IMG]
  25. MarriedAtGI

MarriedAtGI Savant (315) Illinois Feb 26, 2013

CW Peruvian Morning at Rumpus Room in Milwaukee! Up here to watch the First Robotics Competition - http://5nines.com/live
    creepinjeeper and watsonmd like this.
  26. Gonna be a great day of watching the tournament and drinking some great beer.

First up a Pizza Boy Brewing growler - Sunny Up Stout w/Little Amps Coffee (thanks StormKing47).
    creepinjeeper and RonfromJersey like this.
  27. Next up - Backwoods Bastard
  28. HeyJim

HeyJim Savant (385) Pennsylvania Sep 22, 2012

[​IMG]

Had to have at least one of the beers I got in Kirbmeist's box today, and I went with this. I'll just copy the feedback I gave to Kirb :

Yep. Humidor IPA is tits. I wouldn't call it a citrus bomb, but man, between this and the White Oak Jai, I wish I lived by Cigar City. These are some amazing, unique beers. This one had a strong caramel smell. Smells like another beer, not sure what, I think Rogue Dead Guy?

The taste is crazy though. Peppery spice, grapefruit....and a bunch of other crazy shit my palette is sexually confused by.
    creepinjeeper, JxExM, cjoc83 and 8 others like this.
  29. SomethingClever

SomethingClever Advocate (535) Ohio Feb 22, 2013

Love that Sexually confused great laugh
  30. MarriedAtGI

MarriedAtGI Savant (315) Illinois Feb 26, 2013

Had to have a second Peruvian Morning at Rumpus Room. :). And now I can get the picture to show.

[​IMG]
  31. On to round #3 (did I mention this is the best day ever yet?)

[​IMG]
  32. MichPaul

MichPaul Advocate (635) Michigan Jan 28, 2012

Is this a Great American meal or what??? Enjoying this while watching some NCAA action. Badgers what the Hell?! Go Big Ten on a beautiful day in Michigan! Love me some 90min IPA!
    [​IMG]
  33. watsonmd

watsonmd Savant (365) Georgia May 16, 2009

[​IMG]

Yum. Prefer more Bourbon, but the chocolate is great.
    JxExM, alysmith4, 4balance and 3 others like this.
  34. gtermi

gtermi Champion (750) Texas Apr 21, 2010

Nice day off today..

[​IMG]

Bout to keg my All Citra Pale Ale.. Finished at 5.6% with 60 IBUs.
    creepinjeeper, JxExM, fox227 and 13 others like this.
  35. mjohnson17

mjohnson17 Advocate (585) Illinois Apr 29, 2012

First
    Brewery Vivant - Menage A Trois
    [​IMG]

Second
    Local Option - Dampf Loc

Third
    Local Option - Voku Hila
    [​IMG]
  36. BigPlay1824

BigPlay1824 Savant (390) New York Oct 13, 2010

brooklyn local two now then onto the saranac 12 beers of spring, maybe something out of the cellar if i feel so inclined later on
    creepinjeeper likes this.
  37. unclejazz

unclejazz Advocate (520) New York Oct 24, 2011

[​IMG]

Sucaba on tap, this is some ass-kickingly good stuff.
    Such nice vanilla notes.

Cheers!
  38. Sam Adam's Maple Pecan Porter. Wanted to try it, thanks to a friend who works at distributor and snagged it from a breakage case. I rarely drink Sam Adam's, true to the label it is strong on maple. Can only drink one, not a good session beer, but probably great with pancakes and sausage in the morning.
  39. loafinaround

loafinaround Savant (370) New York Jul 16, 2011

Spring break! (Yeah, the professors love it too....)
    Well, spring break definitely doesn't suck, but my beer sure sucks :p
    here's a pic of sunrise over the Atlantic from my office window.
    Who knew that south brooklyn has such natural beauty?
    [​IMG]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.