What beer are you drinking now? #157

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by ubenumber2, Mar 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bstyle

bstyle Champion (805) Indiana Apr 27, 2006

I couldn't agree more!

kojevergas likes this.
  2. draheim

draheim Poobah (1,050) Washington Sep 18, 2010

Stone IRS is good. Ruination is good. Sublimely Self-Righteous is good. Double Bastard is good.
    None of those are collaborations.

PaulQuinn and bifrost17 like this.
  3. azdback

azdback Advocate (635) Arizona Apr 2, 2004

Let me fix that for you.

In addition to this, what about Enjoy By or Ruination 10th Anniversary or most of their regular Anniversary Beers. 12th was beyond amazing, 13th (when fresh) was really amazing and 15th was ultra amazing even a year later. AND we haven't even talked about Old Guardian or Arrogant (shrug's shoulders) c'mon guys, none of these are collaborations!!! Also all of these bombers were priced around $6.50. Who else prices like this?
    You all can talk all the shit you want about the Vertical Epic Series, I will agree with you but to put down their regular line or some of the problems they've had with the Quint (sp?) series just doesn't do justice to the brewery as a whole.
    On top of all that they are one of the first craft brewers to make a campaign against distro guys selling out of date beer. They set the standard and told us, the consumer, to report the old beer. Nobody did this before them. Is any brewery doing this?

//off soap box

PaulQuinn, BobZ, MoparGrease and 2 others like this.
  4. draheim

Sure but look at your avatar. ;)

5. priwen

priwen Savant (380) Arkansas Apr 1, 2007

Just finished watching some of the Walking Dead marathon. Now, I'm having my second Anchor Liberty Ale of the night/morning. It's been a long time since I've had this beer. I forgot just how good it is.

tolar111 likes this.
  6. Old Rasputin after a long night of cello playing

7. APB

APB Savant (425) Nebraska Dec 15, 2012

[​IMG]
    Can't sleep I guess ill have to hop myself to bed with a little nectar

tolar111 and supermodified like this.
  8. APB

[​IMG]
    The nectar was quite enough, I'm trying to get hopslamed and look like the dude on the bottle :)

9. arfenhouse

arfenhouse Savant (285) California Oct 29, 2012

my first maharaja, sweet and hoppy. one of my favorites so far.

priwen likes this.
  10. MoparGrease

MoparGrease Initiate (0) California Jul 26, 2012

FUCK YEAH!

11. MoparGrease

MoparGrease Initiate (0) California Jul 26, 2012

Just came back from the ER. My son fell back with his booster chair and sliced his lil noggin open. Glad to report he is ok just a lil shaken up. Trying to calm my nerves with this
    [​IMG]
    Ha! I've been awake since 4am yesterday

12. APB

Good Choice, now follow it up with a good strong Stout or DIPA and you'll be ready to recover in no time. I can officially say I've been Hopslamed and Nuggeted to ease the the brain which is a perfect combo for me!!!!

MoparGrease likes this.
  13. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

It is wonderful to see reasonable beers popping up at local liquor stores again :D

Highbrow, tectactoe and MoparGrease like this.
  14. kojevergas

kojevergas Champion (915) Texas Aug 15, 2010

I liked Sublimely Self Righteous, but not the other three you mentioned. And I liked Levitation too. The rest of their beers that I like are collaborations.

15. draheim

I suppose that's why we all have different palates; to each his own. I just think calling Stone the "most overrated brewery in existence" is an exaggeration. Although I generally despise the term "overrated" I can think of several breweries that fit that description far more aptly than Stone.

Also, my least favorite Stone beers have been their collaborations: that Cherry Chocolate Stout and Mint Chocolate Stout were both not so good.

kojevergas likes this.
  16. diesel59

diesel59 Savant (400) New York Jan 3, 2012

Jai Alai........... poured from a 12oz. can (dated march 18th 2013) into a snifter............... its been way too long since I've had this............... so good!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.