1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

What Beer Are You Drinking Now? #66

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by zac16125, Dec 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bstave

bstave Aficionado (220) Washington Aug 21, 2008

My first Mother of All Storms. 2012 Edition. Fantastic! Been sipping on this near 4 hours.

2. ledzeppelin4

ledzeppelin4 Savant (365) Illinois May 18, 2011

Anchor Old Foghorn. Great stuff. I'm liking this one a bit more than the other easy-to-get, cheap barleywines I've had. (Talking about Big Foot and Third Coast Old Ale. Not that I don't love those beers.)

FatBoyGotSwagger likes this.
  3. PoopChute69

PoopChute69 Initiate (0) Poland Oct 24, 2012

BCBS and peppered goat cheese:

[​IMG]

4. RustyP

RustyP Savant (315) Texas Dec 22, 2008

In chronological order (post family stuff):
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And finally, after trying all this new stuff I can't get here in Texas, I decided to finish with something a bit more local...brewed 5.2 miles away from home to be exact :)
    [​IMG]

Cheers, and Happy Holidays!

Coldsnack and Deltoro like this.
  5. alelover

alelover Advocate (595) Michigan Aug 19, 2012

cornhole made me hungry..
    [​IMG]

davey101 likes this.
  6. My wife made a kabocha risotto with pancetta, porcini and pine nuts for Christmas dinner. My parents came up for the day and we drank some Lou Pepe Framboise 2009, a growler of The Sister, Wreck the Halls, Jubel 2010 and some 2009 Westy 12. Good day, I'm ready to fall into a food and beer coma now.

7. StubFaceJoe

StubFaceJoe Initiate (0) Colorado Nov 24, 2011

Stone mint chocolate stout with crime de mint brownies right now!

Heaven, merry Xmas all! Cheers!

8. Recycled photo of my own, but FINALLY home and settled in after a day of travelling, its Cerise time.

[​IMG]

Hanzo and dachshunddude86 like this.
  9. ledzeppelin4

ledzeppelin4 Savant (365) Illinois May 18, 2011

Capping off the night with one of my favorite imperial stouts; Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout (No coffee, bourbon, or chocolate, etc. required lol). This right here is my "comfort food".

SWChi likes this.
  10. bstyle

bstyle Champion (805) Indiana Apr 27, 2006

You are part of my LNBA family and there's plenty more where that came from!! We need to get together for that tasting after the holiday madness. Cheers!

sleuthdog and dachshunddude86 like this.
  11. DonDirkA

DonDirkA Savant (400) Arizona Dec 14, 2011

[​IMG]

bstyle likes this.
  12. stayclean

stayclean Savant (360) Wisconsin Mar 17, 2012

[​IMG]

Just cracked this open, still playing the same Wii game. Not the worst night I must say, and this beer is a lot tastier than I was expecting.

13. cyrushire

cyrushire Advocate (620) Florida May 25, 2012

alpha klaus which was quite nice and Mikkeller Santa's Little Helper which I didn't care for. I would have never intentionally bought something that tasted like raisin wine had I known.

14. bstyle

bstyle Champion (805) Indiana Apr 27, 2006

Closing down 2012 Xmas with some ZD, I hope all you BA's had a great day. Cheers!
    [​IMG]

Hugonaut13, Hanzo, SWChi and 2 others like this.
  15. Drinkin some ten fidy. Best beer I've ever had from a can. Well see if that changes though, as I'm getting some heady here in a trade soon.

Ten fidy, out of the very pretty mug I got from my wife-
    [​IMG]
    Merry Christmas my friends! Hope all you people had as wonderful a Christmas as I did.
    Learned my younger cousin is a beer geek today... Had no idea, I thought he was just a whiskey/scotch/bourbon snob!

16. Hope everyone has enjoyed Christmas!

Another great celebration with the family today. Wrapping up the evening with a bottle of Santa's Little Helper, of course...

[​IMG]
    DSC03626 by Douglas Hammett, on Flickr

Cheers!

flayedandskinned and bstyle like this.
  17. Pelican5

Pelican5 Savant (310) California Feb 4, 2012

Todays line-up with some Nitro's and Double Jacks mixed in.... Whew.
    Thanks to RochesterAaron for the Mad Elf and match1112 for the BCBS!
    Merry Christmas my fellow BA's!

[​IMG]

18. MoparGrease

MoparGrease Initiate (0) California Jul 26, 2012

[​IMG]
    This is it for me, gotta work tomorrow morning.

19. I park just as crooked right next to them and dent there fenders. I got a beat up truck for that.
    I also have a showcar that I don't want dents on. I park it far away from any other cars, and walk to the liqour store. What an extra 50 yards?!? Some people are so lazy it makes me sad

20. One more 10/50 (ten fiddy) this one from a Sam Adams perfect pint glass. I must say, this glass is the most ergonomic feeling glass I've ever held. Fits the hand, and the mouth PERFECTLY. I can't say much for head as this beer, as awesome as it is, doesn't produce much. But the feel of the glass is perfect. I can't say I've had a Sam Adams beer I've LOVED, I can say I love this GLASS. It's like a tulip pint glass!

[​IMG]

FatBoyGotSwagger and Hanzo like this.
  21. I am enjoying the hell out of a bomber of Port Wipeout IPA right now. Bottled 10/22 and still tasting great.

22. Well I got properly ripped tonight. 6 pack of normal Lagunitas IPAs, 1 Pliny, 1 Lagunitas Sucks, 2 Caldera IPAs and 1 22 oz bottle of Lost Abbey Judgement Day.

23. Dennoman

Dennoman Savant (495) Belgium Aug 20, 2011

After a Christmas party with the usual:

"Why would you drink American beer? Belgian beer is the best in the world, right?"
    "You like stouts? Like Guinness?"
    "Westvleteren 12 is the best beer in the world, you should be proud!"
    "Beer should be ice cold for me"

This:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Why? Because fuck you, that's why.

24. BB1313

BB1313 Champion (780) Ohio Jul 16, 2009

Yeah, their products are in abundance everywhere. They should be easy to find at your local bottle shop.

25. Giovannilucano

Giovannilucano Savant (445) Wyoming Feb 24, 2011

One problem in my area that I live in is a most big social issue: people who decide to walk or bike every where. For instance most car drivers will never stop for you while crossing the street in YOUR town! Very sad! One reason why I do not drive, even though I do miss road trips!

Your quality of life is richer and more enjoyable when you choose to walk or bike, but very understandably I realize this is not possible for everyone. The issue is how saddening people are when it comes to treating said people as lower when the furthest is from the truth.

jzeilinger likes this.
  26. seplo

seplo Savant (455) Connecticut Sep 8, 2009

dachshunddude86 likes this.
  27. NWer

NWer Advocate (660) Washington Mar 10, 2009

Call me slow but I finally get it. Are you a Penguin in another life?

distantmantra and djbreezy like this.
  28. leedorham

leedorham Champion (835) Washington Apr 27, 2006

A belated holiday cheers from the Inland NW to you all! My year with the kids this year so we had a turkey dinner paired with St. Bernardus Christmas ale my wife received as a gift from my folks (they know us so well).

beertunes and NWer like this.
  29. CA_Infidel2o9

CA_Infidel2o9 Savant (310) Dec 1, 2012

Had St Bs Christmas ale yesterday as well, pretty tasty. I'm sittin at a hotel and i'm not allowed to drink today, so no brew for me. I leave for WA tomorrow morning, can't wait to get up there!

Happy Holidays everyone!

66jzmstr and beertunes like this.
  30. beertunes

beertunes Poobah (1,035) Washington Sep 24, 2007

Season's Greetings all! I spent my Christmas Day watching most of the Ken Burns "Baseball" documentary, the joys of being a single guy! I had several Cabin Fever's at Boundary Bay's annual X-mas Eve pasta feed, so took the day off beer. Looking forward to a new beer year, and welcome to the NW CA_Infidel!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.