1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

What beer are you drinking now? #72

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by LiquidDegenerate, Dec 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]

Have a happy and safe new year's eve BAs
    cyrushire, jgagne, smutty33 and 31 others like this.
  2. Ravenacht

Ravenacht Advocate (510) Florida Aug 10, 2012

Nooner Batch#1

Happy New Year's to you all!

[​IMG]
    jgagne, MichPaul, Savearth and 14 others like this.
  3. AmitC

AmitC Advocate (580) New York Sep 21, 2012

Smooth and easy..

[​IMG]
  4. Ri0

Ri0 Champion (935) Wisconsin Jul 1, 2012

Getting my palate warmed up.
    [​IMG]
  5. Lipsntoes

Lipsntoes Savant (305) Ohio Jul 15, 2012

Seems appropriate for the snow falling.... Heavy Seas Winter Storm.
    EdTheEdge likes this.
  6. Zombie Dust!!
    Lantern, nUgZ, denver10 and 2 others like this.
  7. bifrost17

bifrost17 Initiate (0) Washington Dec 16, 2011

Pretty old, how's it tasting?
  8. Schwantz

Schwantz Savant (390) Florida Dec 16, 2012

Brefffast
    [​IMG]
    jgagne, skinsfan, Savearth and 13 others like this.
  9. Ri0

Ri0 Champion (935) Wisconsin Jul 1, 2012

Still tastes great to me. Citrus has faded some, but is still present along with the bitterness.
    Lantern and bifrost17 like this.
  10. alelover

alelover Advocate (595) Michigan Aug 19, 2012

[​IMG]
    starting off with one of my favorite browns. cheers!

(remember, AAA is giving free rides tonight ;))
    jgagne, MattyG85, acevenom and 2 others like this.
  11. Gehrig13

Gehrig13 Initiate (0) New Jersey Jun 21, 2012

12. Zomzomzomzombiiiiiiiieeeeeee Dust!!!!
    smutty33, Lantern, davey101 and 2 others like this.
  13. Right now, I have this:
    [​IMG]
    Good chance I grab that Frog Hopps to Amygus as well before we head out.
  14. smokinoak

smokinoak Aficionado (165) Florida Oct 21, 2011

Starting with a growler of Jai Alai, then some Peg's Dancing Cody.I'm not sure after that.
  15. Giovannilucano

Giovannilucano Savant (445) Wyoming Feb 24, 2011

Hey guys and girls! I did not expect myself to celebrate but I said why not? I had a terrible year so more reason to enjoy the last of the year!

Before I show you what I am having to start off with I want to say something big before ending this year. Last week I was flamed for my love of Italian craft from what I call a "creeper". Out of nowhere this gentleman attacked me and accused me of be a "pompous douchebag". Yes, I took it to heart but also I realized that I could learn from this even if he would not.

It made me reel because never have I felt did I force anyone to love Italian craft or believe it is the best, but rather share my experience and knowledge of Italian products.

I feel that the said person should have talked to me like a fellow human being and asked me what was all the fuss of what I enjoy. I did not realize that many people associate "pompous" and "douchebag" with passion and love of something you hold dear.

At any rate I will turn this around and say a hearty thank you to the following:

Jzeilinger
    Bitterbill
    Gehrig13
    Providence
    HeyJim
    Bifrost
    4balance
    acevenom
    callmeishmAle
    crossovert
    supersak
    yamar68

A BIG continued thank you to Jzeilinger for his amazing gift and showing me the most humble attitude which I am ever thankful for!

[​IMG]

Starting it this way with Birrificio Del Ducato Sally Brown Caffe Baracco! Many have the Founders Breakfast Stout which I love so no worries and this is getting better as it warms up!
  16. alelover

[​IMG]
    going with a expedition next. cheers!
    smutty33, MichPaul, tolar111 and 13 others like this.
  17. SWChi

SWChi Savant (310) Illinois Oct 25, 2012

18. BourbonBob

BourbonBob Savant (425) Illinois Apr 1, 2012

Bramble On....
    [​IMG]
    jgagne, smutty33, MichPaul and 23 others like this.
  19. Squidly

Squidly Savant (435) New Jersey Nov 26, 2006

Gonna kill this growler (HF Life Without Principle #2)

[​IMG]
  20. lordofthewiens

lordofthewiens Champion (950) Maine Sep 17, 2005

Happy New Year!
    Not going out tonight, too many idiots out there. I'm making potato gnocchi with a merlot reduction and roasted beets for my wife (the lovely lady pictured in my avatar). Haven't yet decided on what to drink. We went out for lunch, and I had Prelude, about the only Shipyard beer that I like.[​IMG]
  21. Not of fan of Sam Adams but this is surprisingly good.

[​IMG]
  22. 4balance

4balance Initiate (0) Dec 11, 2011

Happy New Year bro! I have to say that I appreciate the education you give us from time to time about Italian craft brew…I would clearly drink any that you offered me! Cheers to you and your Italian heritage…as well as your earth-shattering metal that keeps my ears ringing loud! Your passion for good brew and tunes define who you are…keep up the great work in the upcoming (much better) year! :D
    tolar111, Bitterbill, ant880 and 4 others like this.
  23. gshak

gshak Savant (465) Texas Feb 20, 2011

First time trying this, and I have a feeling this is the first of many to come!
    [​IMG]
    Bitterbill, jmarce, alelover and 2 others like this.
  24. Ravenacht

Ravenacht Advocate (510) Florida Aug 10, 2012

25. Greywulfken

Greywulfken Champion (910) New York Aug 25, 2010

Whatta great beer!
    If you like the fresh, crisp (but still hearty enough) pale ales, with a little kick to 'em, too (7.50% abv)...
    [​IMG]
    My Antonia from Dogfish Head Craft Brewery

Really enjoyable drink. If there was more of it here, I'd keep drinking it, y'know? Dangerous drinkability. So good to be home... :D *finishes bottle*

New to me, too. Review: http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/10099/60078/?ba=Greywulfken

An early Happy New Year to y'all - Cheers!
  26. Giovannilucano

Thanks kind sir! I wish the same to you in this coming year! Maybe we can trade when the time comes and I would like to try some of your regional goodies! Yes I will continue my music unabated! I have trained for it my whole life! :D
    Bitterbill and 4balance like this.
  27. Giovannilucano

I love this one as well as the Birra Del Borgo version though it is 7.99 for a 12.7 ounces and may not be worth it for all people to try it. Love em or hate em, it is pretty cool that Dogfish Head is one of the few if not the ONLY American brewery working with Italian breweries. The Birra Etrusca was unique and I hope to try the Birra Del Borgo and Baladin versions soon...

And cheers to you too! :D
    Bitterbill, Lantern and jzeilinger like this.
  28. Meant to say, "Not a fan of..." Sorry for the typo (and this is my first beer). Good gawd it's gonna be a scary night if a 5% beer does that after a few sips! :rolleyes:
    4balance and alelover like this.
  29. MooseBoose

MooseBoose Savant (470) Wisconsin Jun 6, 2007

Sitting at work waiting for the end of the day. :(

I have a growler of Steeltoe #7 IPA at home I was thinking of opening tonight, but I may save it for Friday when some friends want to have an IPA tasting. I imagine you can't open a growler on Monday and have it still be fresh and carbonated on Friday?

If I don't drink that, I have a SurlyFurious and a couple of LiftBridge IPA's I will probably drink. Or maybe some Fullers ESB.

Got all my New Glarus brews lined up for the Rose Bowl tomorrow.
    EdTheEdge likes this.
  30. ROBSTARR

ROBSTARR Savant (360) Michigan Aug 31, 2009

Going to use some Bells Expedition Stouts and a dry brut to make some Black Velvets tonight then opening a bottle of Boltcutter and Monster 29 !!! Plus whatever else my friends bring ...
    EdTheEdge likes this.
  31. 4balance

4balance Initiate (0) Dec 11, 2011

Thank you my friend. That sounds great! Looking forward to a future trade…Cheers ~
    Bitterbill likes this.
  32. SWChi

SWChi Savant (310) Illinois Oct 25, 2012

Moved on to a GL Christmas Ale.. better then the GI one...
    BB1313 and EdTheEdge like this.
  33. alelover

[​IMG]
    unfiltered double simcoe. fist pumps for jeff on this one. absolutely LOVE it. i knew it had to be a little better then the regular one but i didn't think id like it this much more. really think this is going to be the most satisfying drink i have all night.
    cheers!
    jzeilinger, nUgZ, Bitterbill and 3 others like this.
  34. Most people ring in the New Year with champagne, but we have a different idea.

[​IMG]
  35. gtermi

gtermi Champion (750) Texas Apr 21, 2010

At BJs with the father inlaw drinking a BJs Brewhouse Grand Cru... This is actually very good. Nice surprise

[​IMG]
  36. jimilayne

jimilayne Aficionado (245) New York Aug 18, 2012

The Three Wise Men for NYE '13

[​IMG]
    stooge, jgagne, smutty33 and 29 others like this.
  37. nh2032

nh2032 Advocate (555) New York Oct 15, 2009

A week of snow followed up by a summer honey saison.
    [​IMG]
  38. Was at Monk's in Philadelphia for lunch today and started with the Dupont Avec Les Bons Voeux with mussels as an appetizer, Rochefort 6 with the meal (roast pork sandwich) and Cantillon Kriek with dessert. Tastiest lunch in ages!!

Tonight I'll be celebrating New Year's with a case of Corsendonk Christmas Ale and a 2011 Stone Vertical Epic; so far today I've had some great beers to ring in new years!
    EdTheEdge and cfrances33 like this.
  39. Odell IPA. Some closeups with a macro lens:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    MichPaul, smutty33, skinsfan and 8 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.