1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

What beer are you drinking now? #76

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by apaisncsu, Jan 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2005!?! Had 08-12 sidexsidexsidexsidexside and can say the Alaska smoked porter ages fantastically. I could tat the improvement with each year of age, except the 2011. 2011 tasted a little off. Awesome beer, one of my favorites!
  2. Gettin it done late night here on the Right Coast[​IMG]
    ... Know Ya'll are gonna hate it but this is one of the best "Olde School" studio's I ever saw and heard claiming a true ballad. Not a big "Country" fan but I'd sit around any fire with some great brews and great BA's just listening to this with any of ya. If you click the song listen it through, that's the deal!!!

My glass is tipped to Lyle, fine tune Sir! Cheers, it's bedtime for this feller:(
  3. NorCalYeti

NorCalYeti Savant (340) California Dec 18, 2008

just had an '03 last night...outstanding. i concur, this beer is by far one of the most stable over time. i have 03-10 on hand. i consumed this beer more than any other this holiday season...good times drinking through the library. cheers!
    dsal89 and Gregfalone like this.
  4. Danny1217

Danny1217 Advocate (645) Florida Jul 15, 2011

Not what I'm drinking NOW, but I went to Abraxas in South Beach earlier, and they had CCB Moat Water! Shared a bottle with three other people. Absolutely incredible sweet stout.
    dsal89 likes this.
  5. superspak

superspak Champion (910) Michigan May 5, 2010

I did a bunch of re-rating of beers I haven't had in a couple years tonight. I think I got my DSLR beer photo setup down now!

Delicious stuff, beats out GL Xmas jale by miles as expected.
    [​IMG]

Great stuff, not as impressive as the first time I had it; but really delicious.
    [​IMG]

Fantastic as always. So balanced. One of my favorites, and a top tier porter as you all know.
    [​IMG]

Pretty good, but not really much of a fan. I had to get rid of this bottle eventually anyways lol. Kind of cloyingly sweet with the grapes; needs more spicy yeast esters to balance it out. A nice sipper I wont have trouble finishing.
    [​IMG]

Cheers
    WesM63 likes this.
  6. had too much tonight probably but here's to a last one.

[​IMG]
  7. Smoked porter and Barolo... NICE!
  8. alelover

alelover Advocate (595) Michigan Aug 19, 2012

[​IMG]
    nightcap. cheers!
  9. MarioM

MarioM Advocate (515) California Sep 13, 2009

Trader Joe's/Unibroue Vintage ale 2012. Well worth its $4.99 price tag, great tasting beer but definitely can use some aging to improve the flavor and overall balance. Picked three up, will go back for more and will look forward to try after aging for a year or two. But seriously, its so much easier to justify aging a beer that costs $4.99 compared to a $10 - $20 brew...

[​IMG]
    cosmicevan likes this.
  10. cyraschris

cyraschris Aficionado (180) Florida Dec 15, 2012

Taking it easy this morning
    [​IMG]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.