What beer are you drinking now? #77

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by cfrances33, Jan 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bitter_Echo

Bitter_Echo Savant (400) Michigan Apr 13, 2012

2. match1112

match1112 Initiate (0) Illinois Mar 2, 2011

Sittin at Destihl sippin on a Hoperation Overload while waiting for my growler to fill with St. Dekkera Reserve Sour Flanders.

3. bifrost17

bifrost17 Initiate (0) Washington Dec 16, 2011

Just got done cleaning all my equipment from a successful morning of brewing. Rewarding myself with this tasty bitter....I can't get enough of this beer.

[​IMG]

4. That is such a great place (and the food is absolutely outstanding), unfortunately my job doesn't take me up that way any more, I miss that place. :( Next time you're there please say hello to my girlfriend Kate who shows up once a year. (While my wife just rolls her eyes, shakes her head, laughs, and says, "O.K., Sparky........wha-aaaaaaaaat-evah".) :D

5. First one of these

[​IMG]

6. Starting off the NFL playoffs with two Parallel 49 -'Ugly Sweater' , probally a couple of Guinness Draught , need to start somewhat slow as it's only 2:15pm PST , I'll revisit after game one , cheers

JoeyBeerBelly likes this.
  7. Treebs

Treebs Initiate (0) Illinois Apr 18, 2011

Watching some football while enjoying a great extra from a recent trade with ASUbeer. Thanks man!

[​IMG]

8. cosmicevan

cosmicevan Champion (835) New York Dec 13, 2009

New year and trying to drop some lbs so drinking only on Fridays, Saturdays and nights when there are tastings or similar such social functions (cough...cough...who wants to meet up for a tasting or 4 this week???).

Been dying to try the new Smoked Porter from Captain Lawrence and it did not disappoint. If only the carbonation was dialed back a hair this one would be perfect.

[​IMG]

9. bifrost17

Just eat less food man! Haha that's what I'm doing, no more snacking, and just eating healthier. I might sound like a lunatic....but calorie counting totally works.

Brownlen and Zach136 like this.
  10. Should have gone with him on the 312, Unless you were just trying to hydrate:)

SWChi likes this.
  11. cosmicevan

CRAFTY!!!!

is it any good?

12. peteinSD

peteinSD Savant (255) California Apr 25, 2010

freestate owd macs - very impressive. bit under the radar on this site but it is oh so legitimate. cheers.

13. rpbuckeye

rpbuckeye Advocate (690) Ohio Mar 29, 2011

Next is Headhunter IPA. It always wins vs White Rajah but I'm not kicking either out of bed for eatting crackers.
    [​IMG]

14. gmrv4

gmrv4 Aficionado (145) Missouri Jun 11, 2012

Finishing the growler of Schlafly APA I acquired on my St Louis road trip over New Years.[​IMG]

15. cosmicevan

agreed. i do the full all out assault of less food, running 4+ miles daily, and cutting back the booze and the lbs FLY off of me. i've done it several times in my life...my problem is hitting my goal and then slipping back into bad old habbits. i've got another kid on the way due in june, so my goal is to drop about 40lb by then...shouldn't be a problem based on history.

another key advantage of eating less food is less beer goes a longer way...but with my wife calling out the quantity of bottles i have the other day, it is time to do some serious drinking down of the cellar...or some pick 6 beers for 1 trading.

16. ehammond1

ehammond1 Initiate (0) Jul 4, 2008

Lazy day watching football enjoying a...
    [​IMG]
    ...Hill Farmstead Arthur.

17. I am sitting here in Germany watching the Texans/Bengals playoff game at 2330. I have been on a Belgian and German kick and decided I needed an American beer for the game. Ramstein doesn't get much for American craft beers but when they do I will buy and drink it. Finding an IPA in this country is not easy.

[​IMG]

Prost!!!

18. pjs234

pjs234 Advocate (670) Connecticut Jun 29, 2008

Enjoying some Queen Ann's Revenge by Relic.

[​IMG]

Zach136, Squidly, davey101 and 2 others like this.
  19. JoeyBeerBelly

JoeyBeerBelly Initiate (0) New York Dec 15, 2006

It reminds me of Bud American Ale, it's better than regular Coors & the Silver Bullet for shit sure.

match1112 likes this.
  20. A tall glass of Weihenstephaner Korbinian.

JoeyBeerBelly and CoverMePorkins like this.
  21. bifrost17

Haha yeah I know what you mean about the pounds flying off, my girlfriend gets kind of jealous because all I have to do is exercise a few times a week and eat healthier and I shed pounds very easily. I've been drinking down my cellar as well. I do have one problem that I know you, maybe more than anyone can relate to, my girlfriend told me that this year I H A V E to cut down on my glassware purchasing because it's getting out of control........how am I gonna stop buying glassware?!?!?!?!?! IMPOSSIBLE!!!! :eek:

Giovannilucano and cosmicevan like this.
  22. maxk

maxk Savant (375) Massachusetts Nov 8, 2008

Brett beer before dinner. Glad I tried this one, but probably won't get it again.

[​IMG]

23. ehammond1

ehammond1 Initiate (0) Jul 4, 2008

Yum! Extra yum! Sounds amazing. Cheers!

match1112 likes this.
  24. Sam Adams NAILED the aroma of Maple Pecan Porter. The taste isn't all the way there, but its not bad at all.

25. Tasting of PtF and BBPtF

[​IMG]

26. JoeyBeerBelly

JoeyBeerBelly Initiate (0) New York Dec 15, 2006

Ahhhh, hops and rye!...

[​IMG]

27. ksimons

ksimons Advocate (645) New York Dec 4, 2005

Happy Saturday night everyone. Cheers!
    [​IMG]

28. schillman

schillman Savant (265) New Jersey Oct 7, 2009

Founders RIS and playoff football....I'll take the tree down tomorrow!

skinsfan and JoeyBeerBelly like this.
  29. Going to be a long night. My loyal companion Bleu passed away a few hours ago. I'm toasting to his legacy with some Furious.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Cheers!

30. Watching the football.[​IMG]

31. denver10

denver10 Champion (900) Kentucky Nov 17, 2010

[​IMG]

And some football.

creepinjeeper, JxExM and schillman like this.
  32. ballenc

ballenc Savant (285) Minnesota Sep 17, 2006

Playoff football - time to go big or go home! Same goes for the brews I plan on imbibing in as I wait for the Vikings and the Packers...all local (MN) brews only today.

Starting with one I haven't tried yet this season:

Flat Earth Winter Warlock
    [​IMG]

33. Skrip

Skrip Savant (380) South Carolina Oct 7, 2012

34. powpig2002

powpig2002 Savant (390) Florida Jan 26, 2012

sorry about that.

Squidly, davey101, BobZ and 2 others like this.
  35. tankg

tankg Aficionado (190) Pennsylvania Apr 27, 2008

Eiot Ness. Nice.... After a Church Brewworks DIPA

36. powpig2002

powpig2002 Savant (390) Florida Jan 26, 2012

great divide hercules, torpedo and oak big hoppy monster. the night is still young

37. Beautiful dog. Sorry to hear.

I'll have a Pliny the Elder in his name.

38. Sorry for your loss. I dread the loss of mine.

ObiWanKushnobi, Squidly, BobZ and 2 others like this.
  39. acevenom

acevenom Advocate (545) Louisiana Oct 7, 2011

Vertical Epic 12-12-12 and some football. I like this.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.