1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

What beer are you drinking now? #78

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Hotmetal1, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InebriatedJoker

InebriatedJoker Champion (800) Ohio Sep 16, 2010

Is it an invisible beer ?
    ObiWanKushnobi and Hugonaut13 like this.
  2. Seattle game - check
    Lucky Seattle hat (took out of my closet Dec 9, good things since) - check
    Seattle beer from a Seattle BA (thanks Suncrust) - check

Fremont - The Lamb

[​IMG]
    bstyle, MoparGrease and callmeishmALE like this.
  3. pjs234

pjs234 Advocate (670) Connecticut Jun 29, 2008

Enjoying my last day of vacation, some playoff football and some HT .

[​IMG]
    Deltoro, nh2032, jgagne and 8 others like this.
  4. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Poobah (1,125) Wyoming Sep 14, 2002

Yeah, it and The Beast are 2 that I would gladly welcome in my cellar again but I'd have to go to CO to get them.
  5. geneseohawk

geneseohawk Savant (315) Illinois Nov 4, 2008

[​IMG]
    damn internet....
  6. russpowell

russpowell Poobah (1,040) Oklahoma May 24, 2005

As a Cowboys fan since 72, I am spoiled. The Cowboys not making the play offs is just becoming way too predictable. Kind of like getting a beer from Lost Abbey... So much hype &cost, but rarely true satisfaction...
    SWChi and Giovannilucano like this.
  7. [​IMG]

Here he is, Joe Salave'a. I met him in Costco with his new born. Needless to say even the Costco cart looked small compared to him! My jaw was on the ground! :eek:
  8. russpowell

russpowell Poobah (1,040) Oklahoma May 24, 2005

Bill. I'll trade you my drive to CO for yours:p.
  9. Bitterbill

:eek:
    Giovannilucano likes this.
  10. I have a McChouffe, Cantillon Rose Gambrinus, and a Mephistopheles on tap at my local place. It was even when I keep my current philosophy of beer drinking: just let it happen! After we went to dinner we just went there without even checking the beer menu! I was blessed that night if ever a word could be used!

edit : I meant HAD duh!
    jzeilinger and Bitterbill like this.
  11. Bitterbill

And that's why I always say, NJ has some of the best distribution in the US.
  12. match1112

match1112 Initiate (0) Illinois Mar 2, 2011

[​IMG]

As tasty as it is, I think I would of been better off grapping another sixer of A Little Sumpin Sumpin Ale or just their regular IPA.
    ehammond1, dsal89 and InebriatedJoker like this.
  13. For some reason yes! I think I said it a couple days ago, but I think it is cool how Tom Peters from Monk's Cafe is good friends with Vinnie from Russian River and is able to send him Pliny.

Philadelphia more so has better chances of the rare stuff everyone loves. One bottle shop I go to even has Hopslam but limits them to one, but I hope to get more so I can send one!
    fujindemon74 likes this.
  14. Pretty sure Im going to drive to Michigan just so I can have some Hopslam bisque.
  15. denver10

denver10 Champion (865) Kentucky Nov 17, 2010

[​IMG]

About to start on a Lugene as I root for the Seahawks.
    beerserks, bstyle, Circleo12 and 5 others like this.
  16. InebriatedJoker

InebriatedJoker Champion (800) Ohio Sep 16, 2010

Sticking with the stouts -

[​IMG]

Cheers!
  17. bird22

bird22 Savant (405) California Jan 2, 2011

Anchorage Brewing Company has yet to disappoint.

[​IMG]
    jgagne, bstyle, yamar68 and 5 others like this.
  18. BeastLU

BeastLU Advocate (510) Virginia Dec 20, 2012

[​IMG]

Staying with the OB theme. Its time for the second game...
  19. dsal89

dsal89 Advocate (505) Indiana Jul 6, 2008

[​IMG]

Havent had this in quite a while but damn is it tasty! Id love to be in the distro area for Marble! Review here :)

Cheers ladies and gentlemen!
  20. bird22

bird22 Savant (405) California Jan 2, 2011

Tried this for the first time on Christmas and was very impressed. Great tart raspberry flavor!
  21. Moved onto a Black Chocolate Stout from BB.
    Keep it coming, this years version is damn good!
    Jazzman27 and dsal89 like this.
  22. kingofhop

kingofhop Savant (430) Oklahoma May 9, 2010

We need a "What beer do you WISH you were drinking" thread. I sure could use a coupla 4 packs of Boulevard Double wide IPA right now.
  23. Been drinking this steadily for the last couple of weeks, tasty..
    dsal89 likes this.
  24. dsal89

Agreed on the tasty part!
  25. definitely one of the more sour beers ive had. I was almost not prepared for the bold flavor! I passed over dissident which was right next to it and apparently is becoming hard to get. Must go back to store!
    bird22 likes this.
  26. My regular drinking beer stock is running dangerously low. Gonna have to restock tomorrow after work. Only have a couple of these left, one of my all time favorites.

[​IMG]

Half assedly watching football but much more excited about the return of the NHL! Do it. Go Pens.
    NSK79, rpbuckeye, jgagne and 8 others like this.
  27. Blueribbon666

Blueribbon666 Savant (490) Ohio Jul 4, 2008

Working thru some cans of Euro lager Oranjeboom(sweet corn & flat) & Henninger(mild but crisp, pretty boring for 'ol Deutschland) while eating homemade pizza and watching the playoffs...
    InebriatedJoker likes this.
  28. My area always gets old Double Wide :( ... I tried it once and it wasn't great.
  29. Blueribbon666

Blueribbon666 Savant (490) Ohio Jul 4, 2008

Awesome beer, wish I could get my hands on one, let alone see it in the wild. As for the NHL, any season cut this short by lock-out is a wash...I only hope that one day Bettman is replaced by someone who can elevate the sport. I'm still amazed that warmer climates have teams & NE Ohio has ZERO interest in hockey.:(
    creepinjeeper likes this.
  30. stouts4me

stouts4me Savant (360) Illinois Oct 9, 2011

Cracked a Boltcutter, WOW ! It is drinking good. don't give up your bottles, age improves it very nicely. So glad I have a couple extras, it's gonna be great in a year.
  31. dsal89

I have 3. I plan to drink 1 a year....unless it is fantastic at 2 years. Then i may drink the last one lol
  32. stouts4me

stouts4me Savant (360) Illinois Oct 9, 2011

Awesome is dead=on, it is great right now, a little age just rounded out the flavours very nicely, drinking delicious, now.
  33. I disagree on the season being a wash. The playoffs themselves are a whole second season. 48 games is enjoy to seperate the playoff from the non playoff teams. I kind of like a sense of urgency from day one.
  34. ant880

ant880 Advocate (635) New York Nov 7, 2010

First time having this...I like the SN Ovila Saison a lot better, but this is pretty tasty
    [​IMG]
    dachshunddude86 likes this.
  35. I actually think I like it better fresh, more bourbon notes. I agree that its still drinking fantastically though. World class beer.
  36. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 8, 2011

This might be tough to finish on my own after that Commander...but I'll do my best. The smoke is great, and I'm not noticing any "Infection" issues with others have noted. Really, really tasty. Rye, smoke bomb!
    [​IMG]
    dachshunddude86 and yamar68 like this.
  37. FEUO

FEUO Initiate (0) Ontario (Canada) Jul 24, 2012

[​IMG]

Insanely good.
  38. Startin the Redskins/Seattle game off with a Sixpoint Diesel:

[​IMG]
    Coldsnack likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.