1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

What beer are you drinking now? #81

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by brewbetter, Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StoneTSR

StoneTSR Savant (325) Colorado Nov 18, 2009

[​IMG]

This is nuts how good this is...although, I'm jealous of the dude drinking Hopslam. One of the very few things that Colorado cannot provide.

2. The day started with picking up 2x Deschutes The Abyss on the way to work ,
    and after a pleasant days work , a Guinness Draught to start , followed by a Rogue Chocolate Stout ,
    and the closer will be a Granville Is Imperial Chocolate Stout

3. LuisQ

LuisQ Aficionado (145) Florida Jan 9, 2013

4. Nightcap while watching these analysts bitch about who should and shouldn't have gotten into the baseball HOF.
    [​IMG]

bstyle and MattyG85 like this.
  5. ChanChan

ChanChan Advocate (565) California Dec 12, 2009

Started the night off with this beautiful Colab between the Lost Abbey and New Belgium...
    [​IMG]
    I loved every sip...

Followed it up with this very enjoyable ale from 2008...
    [​IMG]
    As I drink this beer I am listening to this oldie but goodie, the video to this song is awesome, hand pumped cask ale? I guess the 80's weren't that bad afterall!!

SWChi and deadonhisfeet like this.
  6. ledzeppelin4

ledzeppelin4 Savant (365) Illinois May 18, 2011

Earlier had a Two Bros Northwind (Good brew. "Easy drinkin" imp stout similar to Sam Adams's, Samuel Smith's, or Old Raspy.) Then it was a Rodenbach. (Just the right amount of sour to make it interesting and refreshing. One of those brews that need to be tried. ) And now Green Flash Imperial IPA. Very similar to Hop Stoopid, though a bit more bitter, (Maybe because this bottle is only two months old and the Hop Stoopid I get is ?? months old). Once again Green Flash does what they do best, brew a perfect textbook example of a beer style.

7. ledzeppelin4

ledzeppelin4 Savant (365) Illinois May 18, 2011

Is the Mo Betta Bretta better than the New Belgium Brett Beer? Btw great song; have you heard the Neil Diamond version?

8. AxesandAnchors

AxesandAnchors Savant (300) Oregon Nov 21, 2012

Am I missing something ironic here?! They are all drinking beer...I'm so confused! Maybe it's because I was born in '85. Those "old people" make no sense to me. On a side note I like this song probably more than I should.

ChanChan likes this.
  9. ChanChan

ChanChan Advocate (565) California Dec 12, 2009

I never got the chance to try New Belgium's version, this one is really good tho, I also like the fact that its not super expensive. Yea, the Neil Diamond version of Red Red Wine is good but UB 40's take on this song always makes me want to keep drinking more and more, haha!!

ledzeppelin4 likes this.
  10. stealth

stealth Advocate (545) Minnesota Dec 16, 2011

Yes, much better.

11. Giovannilucano

Giovannilucano Savant (445) Wyoming Feb 24, 2011

You know whats crazy too? I have been to Bend, OR BEFORE I started drinking craft beer! Well, I did see the Dead Kennedy's there though!

But still as I believe I had said before, ever place that I had visited or lived NOW has great beer or is starting to! Wyoming, Oregon, Virginia, etc. I missed out!

12. Giovannilucano

Giovannilucano Savant (445) Wyoming Feb 24, 2011

FIST PUMP!

jzeilinger and WebGuyMike like this.
  13. pschul4

pschul4 Advocate (625) Illinois Jan 7, 2011

Last night wasnt about the beer (because the beer sucked) it was about having a great time with great friends and singing ABBA at the top of your lungs

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.