1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

What Beer Are You Drinking Now? #85

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Bitterbill, Jan 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]

GF Palate Wrecker. I'm contemplating writing to GF about the name. My palate was not properly wrecked. Very good nonetheless

supermodified likes this.
  2. Keffa

Keffa Advocate (530) Ohio Jan 8, 2009

I drank an Ayinger Octoberfest and a Lagunitas Sucks to celebrate the news that I'm going to be a daddy :)

3. Going macro tonight. I know most of y'all will slam me for it, but college is expensive, so I gotta drink what I can afford every now and then! Started with O'Fallon Wheach, a fairly balanced peach-flavored beer. Following up with two Blue Moons, the Belgian Pale Ale and Winter Abbey Ale. Finishing up with two of the four-letter words of craft beer: Beck's Sapphire and Budweiser's Black Crown. Hey, at least I'm showing some creativity and not just tossing back some natties or bud heavies, right? Feel free to send me any suggestions on cost-effective craft/micro brewery beer selections in the Memphis, TN area! Cheers!

rfbenavi80 likes this.
  4. rfbenavi80

rfbenavi80 Savant (360) Missouri Mar 15, 2010

started off with an extremely poor tasting Night Stalker from Goose island. Then moved on to a fantastic tasting Delirium Nocturnum.

grahamboudreaux likes this.
  5. Congrats man! I applaud your decision to celebrate with beer instead of champagne ha

6. Life as you know it is over.

Congratulations!!!

7. gtermi

gtermi Champion (750) Texas Apr 21, 2010

8. Not a bad lineup, especially Founder's Breakfast Stout.

SammyJaxxxx likes this.
  9. Delirium always a solid go-to. I especially love their Noel.

10. MoparGrease

MoparGrease Initiate (0) California Jul 26, 2012

The smell was awesome but to thin for me. Could prob use some more abv lol. Ill stick to my locals ten Fidy and speedway

grahamboudreaux likes this.
  11. Belgian Abbey triple threat!

gtermi likes this.
  12. Along w/ Pliny the Younger, top of the beers-I-would-kill-to-try list.

13. MoparGrease

Watching Gangs of New York. I think I like Mirror Pond better
    [​IMG]

bstyle and Hugonaut13 like this.
  14. Pahn

Pahn Advocate (705) New York Dec 2, 2009

anchor and sierra nevada the best bang for the buck in my opinion. also, if you're evaluating based on price per ABV, hard to beat unibroue.

edit: and for real bang for the buck, $30~ for some woodford reserve or elijah craig 12. just stay in moderation and it's a lot more cost effective than most beer.

15. Another favorite of mine, d. Carnegie porter
    [​IMG]

16. yamar68

yamar68 Initiate (0) Minnesota Apr 1, 2011

Pretty much this^

This:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HSGgHfjW2yuY8qpmn2aARnoG6UUOiaK63ofl-RL6U3Q/edit

17. I've been known (by me, mainly) to ship out a free Pliny here and there to those who I know truly love beer. I'm kind of tapped out at the moment, but sometime in the future I'd love to send you a bottle.

As for the Younger, it is only released one day a year and on tap. I'm yet to endure the multi-hour lines, but this year I will take it upon myself to do so.

Now in lies the real question: crack open a bomber of AleSmith IPA or drink water ;)

18. Ha thanks for the suggestions! I'm a big fan of sierra nevada, and anchor never lets me down. as far as liquors go, I usually don't drink that stuff at home. I'm not crazy about the stuff, and usually only drink it when I'm out with friends!

19. MarioM

MarioM Advocate (525) California Sep 13, 2009

Solstice d'hiver, American Barley Wine by Brasserie Dieu du Ciel. Good stuff!

[​IMG]

Hanzo likes this.
  20. Man, you don't know how much I'd appreciate a bottle of Elder (once you get it in stock, of course), and I'll happily consider a trade if there's something you want to try that I can get in the Memphis area. As far as your current decision, consider this: If the world were to end tonight, wouldn't you want to have tasted that AleSmith IPA one last time?o_O

21. The first true Belgian I ever had! Great, I mean GREAT choice!

4balance likes this.
  22. 2beerdogs

2beerdogs Champion (800) California Jan 31, 2005

Kern River Winter Ale while doing a little work....but the Winter Ale is priority #1.;)

yamar68 likes this.
  23. Send me a message in a couple of weeks and things should be good. I usually don't have a problem getting it, but it's $8 a bottle and shipping is around $10. So... I have to make sure my electricity stays on this month ;)

24. founder26

founder26 Savant (460) Michigan Sep 9, 2009

finally, me and michpaul got to cross off another whale from out list, KING HENRY! it was good, but I think im just not a huge barleywine fan. anyways, thanks to yepbye2 we got to taste it
    [​IMG]

Hanzo, SWChi and Hugonaut13 like this.
  25. founder26

founder26 Savant (460) Michigan Sep 9, 2009

after this we had a bbmonster29 that paul brought over, still not carbed but it was pretty good, then finished with a cw bbbw thx again to yepbye2, and an arcadia bb cereal killer.

Hugonaut13 likes this.
  26. My third and final beer of the night, and the last beer of my 31st year- 2010 alaskan smoked porter
    [​IMG]

MoparGrease likes this.
  27. Northlax3

Northlax3 Savant (260) New Jersey Aug 19, 2012

Rum and Coke.... one of those days.

28. MoparGrease

Love that porter

Gregfalone likes this.
  29. AxesandAnchors

AxesandAnchors Savant (300) Oregon Nov 21, 2012

Thanks for this. Side note, that beard is pretty epic.

franklinn likes this.
  30. MoparGrease

First time trying this fresh and I gotta say ...... WOW! Don't know if I like this better aged or fresh.
    [​IMG]

Hanzo likes this.
  31. I too wouldn't mind shipping you a bottle in a few weeks. My semester just started again plus some real life stuff so money is tight. But I don't mind shipping a bottle or 2 your way if you've never tried it.

32. Cenosillicaphobe

Cenosillicaphobe Savant (360) Maine Jul 24, 2011

Anybody wanna ship me a Pliny lol? I could hook up some Maine Beer Company Lunch when it hits shelves again...

33. BourbonDork

BourbonDork Savant (300) Virginia Sep 15, 2010

Playing catch up from the weekend. Sat I enjoyed both the Founders Imp Stout and some Ruthless Rye. Yesterday at a BBQ gathering with da boys, we popped a Uinta Detour (DIPA). This one was very tasty. I just wish they came in the smaller form factor....750ml is too big to enjoy by my lonesome.

34. yeah i still have 4 left. that locals sampler should be headed your way very soon, be on the lookout for a tracking number

danedelman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.