1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

What beer are you drinking now? #88

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Providence, Jan 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Working from home today and heard a knock at the door. Fedex man dropped a box. I checked it and it was a delivery from my BA friend SammyJaxxxx. Inside was an array of awesome beers. As I loaded them into my fridge, with the full intention of going right back to work, I noticed that the bottles were all chilled (from the frosty weather in RI today). They weren't tremendously cold, but a good temp for a stout....say a stout like Terrapin Moo Hoo which was in the box...."Hmmmm," I thought.

Alas, I caved.

My first Moo Hoo and I love it. Thanks again Sammy Jaxxxx! This was a very generous gift and I very much appreciate it, you're a true BA!

PS: I can't believe I am starting one of these threads, hooray day-drinking!
  2. Alextricity

Alextricity Advocate (700) Michigan Jun 18, 2012

[​IMG]
    The best beer I have ever had, not even close.
    Looks awesome, smells unbelievable, and tastes like 90s Jennifer Aniston.

3. I am glad to hear that, as I enjoyed that beer tremendously as well (and I have been seeing a lot of folks wizz on it for not being a face-punching-IPA).

Cheers!
  4. Alextricity

It's really not at all like the label says, but I say WHO CARES to them. Takes it for what it is and not what it says it is.

...and it is a damn fine beer.
  5. It tastes like a 43 year old woman that was cast off by Brad Pitt?
  6. Looks like I'm not the only one.
    [​IMG]
    Mcal, kojevergas, meanmutt and 22 others like this.
  7. Alextricity

1990s Jennifer Aniston.

Also, the burps taste like a mouth full of tastifulness.
    dsal89 and SammyJaxxxx like this.
  8. First time for this weissbier. It is an ok beer. Sort of thin and the clove and banana is there, but doesn't burst through like others.

[​IMG]
  9. Having this with lunch

[​IMG]
  10. I want to keep burping it tastes so good, I would easily pay $18 right now for another 6 pack! This beer is stupid good.
    meanmutt and dsal89 like this.
  11. Steimie

Steimie Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 7, 2012

[​IMG]

Lurking condiment, FTW.
  12. [​IMG]
    My first time trying this brewery. Its decent, pretty good.
    Its another week before we'll be getting Hopslam over here.
    CANT WAIT!
  13. The ketchup is back there thinking "He doesn't love me that much!"
  14. I couldn't hold out any longer. Drinking a Nugget Nectar thanks to the generousity of a great BA Gengle.
    Cheers to you Gengle!!!!!!
    Sorry No picture. There is too much going on here to start taking pics of beer.

While I would love to be listening to Ron & Fez while I am enjoying this wonderful brew, I am stuck listening to a client rattle on an on about how the world is unfair.
  15. LeRose

LeRose Advocate (545) Massachusetts Nov 24, 2011

I would be happy to help her get over it...

On this crappy New England weather day, the plan is Celtics vs. Hornets and a L'il Sumpin' Sumpin' goin' on...but I have a GI Christmas Ale in the way of the milk carton...be a shame to have to drink both...to make space, you know.
  16. I hope you aren't a psychologist drinking during a session (although deep down I giggle at the thought)
  17. BB1313

BB1313 Champion (770) Ohio Jul 16, 2009

I'm also drinking some Hopslam, it just hit shelves in my area. It's drinking great, like always. Best time of the year!
  18. Nope, Lawyer. And the client was on the phone.
  19. alelover

alelover Advocate (595) Michigan Aug 19, 2012

more fridge cleaning going on today. working on the rest of the reds ryes then going to try and finish off the torpedos.
    no picture because i left my phone in my girlfriends car.:mad:
    cheers!!
  20. I hope your wife doesn't try and call
  21. Brunite

Brunite Savant (420) Illinois Sep 21, 2009

[​IMG]
    With lunch...of course!
  22. First of the day!!
    [​IMG]
  23. alelover

alelover Advocate (595) Michigan Aug 19, 2012

lol.. :eek:
  24. semibaked

semibaked Advocate (610) Kentucky Mar 27, 2007

Sweetwater LowRYEder IPA
    JoeyBeerBelly likes this.
  25. I'm doing a side by side, Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout & Sierra Nevada Narwhal. 2 awesome brews,the same style but very different from each other. Hard to pick between the two. It's like picking between Jenniefer Lopez or Jenniefer Aniston for a date.
  26. Founders Breakfast Stout
  27. The problem with having "one" during the day, is that it is so hard to have just one.
    I had a second Nugget Nectar, a wake n bake and now a King Titus.
    Not a lot of work getting done here today.

I have a nice mix of the Replacements playing on the computer.

28. acevenom

acevenom Advocate (545) Louisiana Oct 7, 2011

It's another cold day with nasty weather (misty rain). This is the last of my Evil Twin brews that I picked up on sale. It was originally marked at $9.99, but I only paid $3.99. I need to go by stores when they're clearing stock more often. This is a good way to stock up on some beer that I normally wouldn't buy because of the price. For today, it's Christmas Eve at a New York City Hotel Room. What a solid imperial stout that is perfect for this day.
    [​IMG]
  29. dawatts

dawatts Savant (310) Massachusetts Dec 27, 2006

Ohhhh...splendiferuss
  30. Feelin' a little funky.
    [​IMG]
  31. Steimie

Steimie Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 7, 2012

32. [​IMG]
    Heady topper directly from the can, right?

But really, yuengling tallboys while I hang some curtains.
    Hanzo, skinsfan, cyraschris and 10 others like this.
  33. Giovannilucano

Giovannilucano Savant (445) Wyoming Feb 24, 2011

Sierra Nevada Bigfoot sighting!
  34. powpig2002

powpig2002 Savant (325) Florida Jan 26, 2012

topedo while waiting for the ruthless rye to chill. excited to say the least. 10.99 a six for jai alai etc. 12.99 for 12 torpedos, ruthless rye, thank you sierra nevada for helping us out. can i get an AMEN
  35. Starting today off with...

[​IMG]

Just okay, really.
  36. [​IMG]

Goose Island BCBS Baudoinia. Think of the standard BCBS with Cocoa Nibs added. Pretty good but wouldn't go bunkers over it.
  37. davesway10

davesway10 Savant (490) Iowa Jan 23, 2010

I am not really into Rye beers. This one, however, is good. Damn good. I'll be picking up more of this.
    [​IMG]
    Hanzo, Mcal, Pinche_Oso and 11 others like this.
  38. Giovannilucano

Giovannilucano Savant (445) Wyoming Feb 24, 2011

Never had many rye beers myself but I am curious if I should try the Sierra Nevada Ruthless...
    SammyJaxxxx, Bitterbill and 4balance like this.
  39. dakkon54

dakkon54 Initiate (0) Ohio May 3, 2008

Gulden Draak. Now on to a Jolly Pumpkin Bambic
  40. It's good. Try it.
    DanK4, 4balance and Giovannilucano like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.