1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

What beer are you drinking now? #89

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by ubenumber2, Jan 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Good evening my fellow 3rd shifters , lets get our drink on. Last one of these Ill have this year ,going to enjoy it

[​IMG]

2. Rare snow in Mississippi this morning. Last one of these I have but a friend is bringing more from N.C. tomorrow.
    [​IMG]

3. DaKur

DaKur Savant (400) Rhode Island Nov 15, 2012

[​IMG]

Vacation Day so I took a run to Nikki's for the first time thanks to this site. A+ Store!!!
    Starting off with Lagunitas Sucks

4. [​IMG]

My first time drinking it and it's really tasty! More of a hint of lemon than a lemon ale

5. Nikki's is a great place!

6. yamar68

yamar68 Initiate (0) Minnesota Apr 1, 2011

Summit EPA because I ball hard.

What if we went back to the old LNBA and just kept it open until 7pm EST the next day? (Your mind is blown, I know).

7. Coldsnack

Coldsnack Advocate (500) Florida Oct 29, 2012

[​IMG]
    Sitting in a meeting, drinking a Florida Cracker. Already had a Maduro. Pretty bored so I may as well try to get a little buzz going.

8. [​IMG]

I cant think of anything better to drink while watching Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

9. ChanChan

ChanChan Advocate (555) California Dec 12, 2009

Agreed!!!!

NorCalYeti likes this.
  10. A lot of people are down on this but I love that beer.

11. It was 'just-ok' out of the fridge but since its warmed, it's amazing. I need to find more of this!

FUNKPhD and Hotmetal1 like this.
  12. Alextricity

Alextricity Advocate (700) Michigan Jun 18, 2012

[​IMG]
    Good beer, could be a GREAT beer without so much alcohol in the flavor. Empty stomach buzz, woo-wee..

13. dsal89

dsal89 Advocate (505) Indiana Jul 6, 2008

That sounds delicious!

14. Alextricity

I honestly hadn't even heard of it before I got to the store, but it sounded good to me too so I picked up a single. Syrupy sweet flavor on the front, with the pecans in the aftertaste.

Should also add that it tastes and smells much more like maple syrup as it warms up.

DaKur likes this.
  15. match1112

match1112 Initiate (0) Illinois Mar 2, 2011

I don't think that you're suppose to drink during the AA meeting.

jzeilinger, JxExM, sleuthdog and 13 others like this.
  16. Alextricity

zing!

17. It IS delicious. I'm a big fan of it, only wish it was easier to get in my area.

18. dsal89

We dont even get Shorts in my area so consider yourself lucky lol

Bitter_Echo likes this.
  19. Coldsnack

Coldsnack Advocate (500) Florida Oct 29, 2012

I think I may be heading in that direction.

20. Mine was from a trade, I'm WAYYY farther south than you from MI (in S.C.), else I'd have never had the chance to drink one.

dsal89 likes this.
  21. dsal89

Ok that makes sense. I didnt think they distrod out of michigan but ive been wrong before!

22. BILF

BILF Advocate (575) Israel Jan 9, 2010

O'hara's Irish Pale Ale

JoeyBeerBelly and Bitterbill like this.
  23. AA is for quitters

24. Silver City BBN BA Old Scrooge Old Ale. 100 bottles produced.

JoeyBeerBelly likes this.
  25. lunch with this

[​IMG]

26. Resuin

Resuin Champion (795) Massachusetts Jun 18, 2012

Currently enjoying a Pau Hana Pale Ale from Big Island Brewhaus which I brought home in a mason jar from the brewery. Delicious and amazingly sessionable. Cheers!

[​IMG]

27. BILF

...and now Brakspear Bitter.

JoeyBeerBelly and Bitterbill like this.
  28. The one pro of trading in winter is that your beer is cold enough to drink right when you get it. Great beer:
    [​IMG]

29. I love Columbus IPA. Too bad they don't distribute here in Cincinnati.. If you get a chance, try their Bodhi Double IPA. I had it once at cincy beerfest and it was comparable to the great Heady Topper. Apparently Bodhi is draft only though.

30. Drew26

Drew26 Savant (330) Wisconsin Nov 2, 2012

Uh...nice art work on the bottle, especially considering the name...I'll leave it at that... :rolleyes:

CowsandBeer and cjoc83 like this.
  31. cyraschris

cyraschris Aficionado (180) Florida Dec 15, 2012

How are you enjoying it? I picked up a sixer, have only had one, and didn't particularly enjoy it. Gonna give another can a shot and see if it was my mood more than the brew.

32. haruspexvic

haruspexvic Savant (260) Illinois Aug 23, 2012

[​IMG]

day off ohhhhh yeah

33. BILF

and furthermore Westmalle Trappist Tripel and it is going down way too fast!

JoeyBeerBelly and brasher503 like this.
  34. brasher503

brasher503 Aficionado (215) Alabama Feb 17, 2012

Watching the snow and downing this Black Mocha Stout! It's good not great. I like the Thunderstruck coffee porter better.

[​IMG]

35. mondegreen

mondegreen Savant (410) Georgia Nov 4, 2009

[​IMG]

My last '09 BCBS.

Hanzo, funhog, MichPaul and 12 others like this.
  36. Steimie

Steimie Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 7, 2012

They do not distribute outside of Michigan. They're fairly militant about this. From their website:

Q: Where can I find your beer?

A: Short’s brewing company is currently distributed throughout upper and lower Michigan! We have no plans to distribute outside of Michigan, and feel that this is our best way to give back to the state that made it all possible for us. “It’s our Michigan stimulus package,” as Joe Short likes to call it. You can find us in over 1400 locations statewide including: restaurants, bars, big box grocery stores, as well as a liquor/party stores who specialze in awesome beer selections! Remember if you nearby location doesn’t stock beer to ask them why not?!

MSEGUIN and dsal89 like this.
  37. Long day. Good thing I am getting hoppy now!!

[​IMG]

38. Ri0

Ri0 Champion (935) Wisconsin Jul 1, 2012

What's up BA. Haven't posted in here for a while.
    Gettin my freak on this afternoon!
    [​IMG]

39. Unfortunately, the beginning of my beer-drinking session tonight will be delayed, as I have to stay sharp for my first nine-ball league match in a few hours. A victory will, most likely, be celebrated with a Victory. Or a Celebration, for that matter. A loss will probably be followed by a double J&B, or perhaps, multiple $2 PBR cans.

Getting amped up with some pre-"short-haired Chris Cornell"-era Soundgarden.

Let's go, Team Ballz Deep!!

PABSTMASTER, 4balance and SammyJaxxxx like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.