1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

What beer are you drinking now? It's 8 O'Clock Somewhere: #17

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by davey101, Nov 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeah, it was. Le Freak le chic.
  2. Started at Cabin 12 (Pub/Restaurant) and enjoyed
    x2 Phillips - DR. Funkel Dunkels , x2 Phillips - Longboat Choc Porter
    (after a good burger and beers , a pleasant walk home , continued with)
    x2 Vancouver Is - Storm Watcher Winter Lager , the night started dark and whent more red ?
  3. Tonight I am changing pace and having a weihenstephaner hefe weissbier. I see why it's rated #1 heffeweizen... This shit's DELICIOUS!

And congratulations to Obama- I'd rather have a president who drinks a beer than a president who think drinking beer is wrong :)
  4. Azzy

Azzy Savant (300) Texas Jul 16, 2012

[​IMG]

Took my France Wine test today and feeling pretty good about it so had to relax before I start studying again for my Level 1 Sommelier.
  5. And now on to a fullers London porter
  6. MattyG85

MattyG85 Champion (770) Minnesota Aug 31, 2010

One more to cap it: [​IMG]

7. DonDirkA

DonDirkA Savant (400) Arizona Dec 14, 2011

[​IMG]

My first ever Oude Tart tonight. Awesome. Puts The Bruery at 2 for 2 in sours for me personally (the other being ToD).

Watching Warehouse 13 on Netflix.
  8. DonDirkA

DonDirkA Savant (400) Arizona Dec 14, 2011

[​IMG]

A shot of this awesome beast of a spiced rum then... (if you haven't tried the Kraken and you are into rum then get out and TRY IT. Here it usually runs about $18 a bottle, which isn't bad for the strength and the quality. But don't drink too much and do anything competitive. The first time I drank it with some friends and my brother while playing Magic and I'm pretty sure my brother and I were about to murder each other over some technicality)

[​IMG]

Stone Bottleworks 13th Anniversary. Its older now so the flavors have changed quite a bit but it had 13 hops and 13 grains so the hops have changed, but actually the malts flavors have too. Here is my original review:

"Chocolate is right up front in the nose. There's also raisins and toffee with just a slight hint of some hops bitterness hidden underneath. Taste is definitely chocolatey with really roasted notes. There's a lot of hops, both citrus and pine. Almost has a chocolate orange flavor with a nice tinge of bitterness that rolls across the tongue. The hops sit on your tongue but they aren't alone, they take some time to hang out with the chocolate and a
    bit of coffee. My first reaction was to literally say out loud "That... is REALLY good.""

The chocolate has faded. Up front I'd say the nose is actually more pine and raisin, there's some coconut, some toffee, some nuts (pecans, almonds) and some sweetness. No hint of the 11%. The taste is actually more hoppy than I expected, I thought the hops would've fallen off. The taste is pine, grassy, caramel, toffee, a bit of raisin and dark fruit, some coffee and maybe just a hint of coconut. Very different from what I've read and what I remember of my original taste. The last time I remember and made note of literally saying out loud "That... is REALLY good." This time around its good, but its not amazing. Its good but it just tastes like a nice black IPA at this point. Not bad, just not as good as I remember. SSR by Stone is better, but I'd drink this non-stop @ $6.49 a piece. That's about $2 less than my average buy.
  9. You got it! Nice!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.