1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

What beer book are you reading right now?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by danoeltico, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Horbar

Horbar Advocate (530) Rhode Island Feb 24, 2012

2. The World Atlas of Beer by Tim Webb and Stephen Beaumont
  3. Loving this book, what a great sense of humor and purpose.
  4. ufmj

ufmj Savant (395) New Jersey Feb 15, 2013

5. thegodfather1076

thegodfather1076 Savant (375) Ohio Oct 11, 2009

I received this for Christmas...Very cool book!!!

[​IMG]
  6. dpjosuns

dpjosuns Savant (280) Illinois Dec 8, 2009

Steele's IPA book. Though been flipping through Daniel's Designing Great Beers for some recipe questions, and The Oxford Companion to beer for a project I'm working on.
  7. willseph

willseph Initiate (0) Illinois Jan 31, 2011

Re-reading Michael Jackson's Great Beers of Belgium. Got a bunch of beer books for xmas and I'm finally getting around to going through this one and highlighting places I've been and places I need to get to on my next trip.
  8. Economics of Beer by JM Swinnen
  9. I am about half way through your book. Started reading it today, good stuff.

by the way, it was good meeting you the other day at the brewery, always good to put a face to a name.
  10. gmrv4

gmrv4 Aficionado (135) Missouri Jun 11, 2012

[​IMG]

Interesting read.
    leezy likes this.
  11. Handle

Handle Savant (345) North Carolina Mar 16, 2009

Thank you very much! It was great meeting you as well. I'm sure I'll see you around town again soon!
  12. I'm reading the Hieronymus book right now. Lots of great nuggets of info, facts, homebrewer myth busting, brewer methods,etc. but its kind of disjointed in its flow of info so kind of hard to digest it all. The mitch steele book will be next for me.
  13. I need to get this one next, tried to find a digital version but couldn't on amazon. I've enjoyed having the digital version of Tasting Beer as it allows me to have it on me all time and I've been able to do quick searches for key words on my phone or iPad.

Glad to see this thread is still going!
  14. BeerLover99

BeerLover99 Advocate (735) Illinois Dec 13, 2008

I need to get back into reading up more on BEER!
    Currently half way through this, not totally about beer. If you like either
    travel/hiking/outdoors, golf, Ireland, history, or beer this is fun!

[​IMG]
  15. Just found (and ordered) them on Amazon, thanks for the recommendation.
    I just finished Last Call by Daniel Okrent, a history of Prohibition.
    Mothergoose03 likes this.
  16. mammal33

mammal33 Aficionado (110) Georgia Apr 23, 2012

'Lagunitus The Story' (so you want to start a brewery) by Tony Magee.....

Great book.....diggin' it.
  17. Skunkdrool

Skunkdrool Savant (460) California Jul 31, 2010

Just finished "Wild Brews". Excellent book and a wealth of knowledge toward Cicerone. Starting "Designing Great Beer" next
  18. BlueRogue

BlueRogue Advocate (615) Maine May 1, 2011

19. leezy

leezy Aficionado (165) Minnesota Sep 13, 2009

Tasting Beer by Randy Mosher
    Oxford Companion to Beer - Garrett Oliver
    and The Brewmaster's Table - Garrett Oliver
    on a weekly rotation
  20. Just finished 'Craft Beer Revolution' by Joe Wiebe the thirsty writer , (http://www.thirstywriter.com/)
    a insider's guide to BC Breweries , a good read for those intrested in BC craft beer
  21. halo21

halo21 Savant (270) New York Oct 12, 2004

22. Just finished The Audacity of Hops by Tom Acitelli, a rather new book about the history of the craft beer industry. Highly recommended.
  23. 1,000 beers you must taste before you die.

On my bedside table; it's a light read so I can hammer out a couple a night.
  24. Lantern

Lantern Initiate (0) Feb 27, 2011

Brewing Up A Business
  25. I am rereading For the Love of Hops.
  26. patto1ro

patto1ro Advocate (500) Netherlands Apr 26, 2004

Government Intervention in the Brewing Industry.
  27. Also reading Tasting Beer by Randy Mosher... really helped w/ Cicerone (Level 1). Next up, the Audacity of Hops: the History of America's Craft Beer Revolution by Tom Acitelli. I read an excerpt in a magazine and really enjoyed it.
  28. I just ordered this from amazon a day or two ago. Looking forward to it.
  29. Nutwood

Nutwood Savant (395) Kentucky Jun 30, 2012

(doh) I need to get back to my goal of having a beer book going all the time in addition to my regualr reading.
  30. The part I read was very focused on Anchor Steam/ Sierra Nevada, etc. My only hope is that CA is not the entire focus of the book. I'd like to see the North-North-West and North-East get some love too.
  31. Obviously I haven't read it yet as I just ordered it, but it doesn't seem to be the case. It worries me to be honest, as I have a book covering similar (not the exact same though) topics coming out next year. His seems to be focused more on the history while mine focuses on the present, but like I said - I haven't read this yet. Still very excited to get my copy of Acitelli's book though.
  32. I find all the craft beer books to be an interesting phenomenon, as it must be most difficult to write and release a relevant book, in a timely enough fashion, that can keep up with the pace of growth (and sometimes failure) in the industry.
    May I ask what the topic of your book is? And best of luck!
  33. WelshBrewer

WelshBrewer Aficionado (225) Oregon Mar 17, 2013

Oxford Companion to Beer, different subjects.
  34. You won't be disappointed- he does a good job of covering the nation. Many short little chapters/stories make it hard to put down.
  35. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Advocate (595) Colorado Jan 20, 2012

36. Tasting Beer by Randy Mosher. Semi-thinking about doing the Certified Beer Server exam in the coming months. Maybe, maybe not. Definitely lots of good information.
  37. Kenzie

Kenzie Aficionado (230) Utah Feb 23, 2013

I've been on How to Brew for the past four months. The Brewmaster's Table is another one that has been sitting on my coffee table for quite awhile now. I enjoy reading it but it is a lot of information to take in.