What beer did your significant other get you for Valentine's Day?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Kopfschuss, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Kopfschuss

Kopfschuss Advocate (550) Oregon Aug 19, 2009

So I had to brag on here about how awesome my girlfriend is. She went to the local bottle shop and they had just sold out of Peche and Brett. With too many other beers to choose from, she pulled up my "Wants" list and had the clerk help her find something special, something I didn't even know she was aware of. She ended up with a HUGE want of mine, Barrel Aged Hibernation from Great Divide. I was shocked when she gave it to me! How awesome was your significant other to you today, beer or non-beer related?

2. Fresh

Fresh Aficionado (160) California Dec 27, 2012

Three Floyd's alpha king and a BCBS!! Keep in mind I'm in CA so that was not an easy task!

3. She got me a Bruins jersey and no beer. She is prego and sober and probably prefers I stay the latter.

Cheers

TychoNDC, 4kbrianb, dianimal and 3 others like this.
  4. FanofHefe

FanofHefe Advocate (700) Illinois Feb 13, 2010

My wife took me to our local tap room where they still have Hopslam on tap! Perfect!

5. raczkowski

raczkowski Savant (340) Florida May 16, 2011

my significant other is like i am towards valentines day....she lets me get the beer throughout the year that i want with no hesitation as i treat her very well throughout the year. everytime a lmited release comes up, its "go get it. you will only get to try it once" lol...thats why i put that diamond on her finger (jk...knew she was the one a long time ago!).

6. Not a damn thing. Kate Upton hasn't even returned my calls that bitch.

7. Got a nice mixed six from here. A couple of things I have already have and really enjoy (Ruthless Rye, 3 Beans, Foolproof Rainmaker) and a couple of things I have never had and really want to try (Maine Beer Co. Pepper, Green Flash Stout, Otter Creak RIS).

Awesome gift to walk home to tonight!

Andygirl likes this.
  8. My Wife bought home a 4/pk of CW BBBW and BB Peruvian morning very hard to find in MN and limited she is my Love and always takes care of me

FishAndBeer likes this.
  9. fox227

fox227 Advocate (565) California Nov 19, 2010

Never had it, and never wanted to pay the price tag, but happy to try it.
    [​IMG]

10. stoney1031

stoney1031 Aficionado (225) Texas Dec 2, 2012

This was nice to come home to. Definitely unexpected. I couldn't think of a better Valentines Day than to be with my wife and my kids! The beer was just the cherry on top.

[​IMG]

CreightonSM and RWNay like this.
  11. RWNay

RWNay Savant (465) Illinois Oct 7, 2010

[​IMG]

The growler will come in handy once the Chicago Lagunitas plant is up and running.

creepinjeeper and fuzzylogic like this.
  12. Pando

Pando Savant (415) Connecticut Dec 5, 2011

Wifey doesn't drink at all but she went out to our local brewery and got me a growler of the Hop Meadow IPA

[​IMG]

13. brewtus

brewtus Savant (355) Ohio Dec 29, 2012

[​IMG]. Always wanted to try it

14. Kopfschuss

Some awesome gifts getting thrown down! I hope you guys were equally as generous with your better half!

15. Kopfschuss

I enjoyed it a lot while on a vacation. Hopefully you will too!

16. kingofhop

kingofhop Advocate (555) Oklahoma May 9, 2010

i AM my significant other. I treated myself a nice sixpack of Torpedo.

BedetheVenerable likes this.
  17. Brewvival tickets!

18. deuce9259

deuce9259 Savant (320) Ohio Dec 28, 2011

Nice little book for reviewing beers!

19. My GF got me a Firestone XVI Anniversary Hoodie, love it.

20. rynosf23

rynosf23 Aficionado (120) Florida Feb 5, 2013

Saint Somewhere Pays Du Soleil....it was delicious!

21. god i hate valentine's day. :mad: for that reason i'll treat myself to a bourbon county when i get home, so maybe it's not so bad after all...

22. Roger85

Roger85 Advocate (550) Illinois Aug 24, 2012

No actual beer for me, but she did get me a gift card to my favorite bottle shop. I do love her.

23. Clear growlers?

dianimal and creepinjeeper like this.
  24. DAMN fine beer, especially between cellar and room temp, and in the proper glass.

chanokokoro likes this.
  25. brewtus

brewtus Savant (355) Ohio Dec 29, 2012

bottle of malbec, we know what we love ha

26. Every year I cook dinner instead of going out for V-Day. We usually have wine but wifey requested beer. We decided to break open a BCBS she brought back into Texas from a business trip a few weeks ago for an appetizer, a Blanche de Namur with dinner and a homebrew lambic with dessert. Maybe shouldn't start with the BCBS but the dessert is very rich and doesn't pair well with a heavy beer, so this way the BCBS can be savored all on its own.

lsummers likes this.
  27. Nectar

Nectar Savant (310) New Jersey Jan 17, 2013

I had the day off and single this year and drank way too many nugget nectars and a nightstalker.

Goodnight.

28. HeyJim

HeyJim Savant (395) Pennsylvania Sep 22, 2012

Generally we don't celebrate Hallmark Day, but my wife, someone who generally doesn't like beer, brought home a bomber of Lagunitas Cappuccino Stout. It's something she's wanted to try and something I haven't ticked. Awwwww. <3

kirbmeist likes this.
  29. $50 gift card to my local bottle shop. I'll take it!

30. mellowmark

mellowmark Savant (465) Minnesota Mar 31, 2010

31. Barrel Aged Bigfoot and Sexual Chocolate.

32. If only if I could have a significant other like all of you. Mine hates my love of beer.

33. 510a

510a Savant (355) Washington Jan 12, 2013

Got a primo pair of fresh releases, Arctic Devil and Sucaba!

34. lucasj82

lucasj82 Advocate (710) Indiana Aug 13, 2009

12 pack of Fat Tire. Nothing special but she made an effort and I appreciate it.

creepinjeeper likes this.
  35. RayOhioFelton

RayOhioFelton Advocate (550) Ohio May 24, 2011

I spent $100 on chocolates and flowers and made a dinner w/ rose pedals and candles for my wife. Then I bought two bombers of Dogfish Head 75 min, never had it, excited to try it!

36. 510a

510a Savant (355) Washington Jan 12, 2013

Got a primo pair of fresh releases, Arctic Devil and Sucaba! She wants me to drink one now, how do I tell her they need to age, besides I have an Enjoy by 2-15 in my glass. I also know she would not enjoy either, her favorite is Blue Moon. Mine are "to boozy" for her delicate palate.

37. loafinaround

loafinaround Savant (380) New York Jul 16, 2011

damn, I don't think he'd ever get me beer. gonna hint for beer stocking stuffers next christmas!

On the flipside, I can't complain... I'm typing this on my new thinkpad :)

38. pwoody11

pwoody11 Advocate (510) Delaware Nov 23, 2009

Alimony Ale

WagonCircler likes this.
  39. pwoody11

pwoody11 Advocate (510) Delaware Nov 23, 2009

bilboTbaggins likes this.
  40. Took my husband to the Stone World Bistro. Got him two pours of Pliny the Younger, a 24-oz grilled pork chop, and an ice-cream sundae with Arrogant Bastard reduction.