1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

What Beer Should The Bruery Re-Release?

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by heatwaves, Apr 27, 2013.

?

What Beer Should The Bruery Re-Release?

1. Bottleworks XII

31.0%
  2. The Wanderer

35.0%
  3. Cuvee Jeune

4.0%
  4. Marron Acidifie

7.0%
  5. Melange Sechs

3.0%
  6. Filmishmish

9.0%
  7. Other - note in post

11.0%
  1. heatwaves

heatwaves Savant (280) California Oct 17, 2009

The Bruery has a lot of creative brews on the horizon. But what about the great beers of yesteryear that have been neglected? For all of the creative beers advertised to RS/HS, there are a lot of older beers that I wish they'd bring back. What re-release do you wish they would immediately put on their brewing schedule?

My hopefuls include:

1. Bottleworks XII (Bottle it under a different name, if that's the issue - I suggest "Tiger's Blood")
    2. Melange Sechs (Had it on Valentine's Day a few years ago and I had a beer orgasm)
    3. Cuvee Jeune (Never had it, but I have heard that it's like inappropriately touching Brooklyn Decker)
    4. The Wanderer (Purely sensational. Should have the trade value of BA Abraxas + pharmaceutical grade horse tranquilizers)
    5. Filmishmish (Phenomenal apricot sour, plus a Turkish name that actually means "I may be highly allergic to apricots")
  2. vacax

vacax Advocate (620) California Jun 3, 2008

Melange Sechs is pretty much universally loathed. You must be the outlier here.

BA 2 Turtle Doves was really damn good. Mocha BT should be bottled. Yet the actual answer here is Dirty Beaver Juice Weekend. Beachwood put on a keg at their anniversary in December and it was still mindblowing.
  3. vurt

vurt Savant (495) Oregon Apr 11, 2004

I'd be happy to revisit Cuvee Jeune and Filmishmish, but there are 2 others I dream about drinking again: Melange 5 (the smoky, bourbon-y wonder also known as Dirty Beaver Juice Weekend, the beer for Beachwood BBQ's 3rd anniversary) and Partridge in a Spice Tree (PiaPT with a heroic amount of Christmas spices, a stunning brew).
    KevSal, Halcyondays and mlaroche like this.
  4. heatwaves

vive la différence. 93 on RB, so I'm obviously not the only one.
  5. So that's like a 70 on BA?
    Rollzroyce21, jmgrub and claspada like this.
  6. I would be happy with The Wanderer. I wish they bottled more Griff Brux. I would like to see Mocha BT, a Vanilla Bean Kopi BT and sour blonde with pop rocks be bottled. That would be glorious.
    GRG1313 likes this.
  7. heatwaves

I guess you're trying to prove that what I enjoyed is wrong. You win.
  8. I've never had it so I can't say.
  9. DovaliHops

DovaliHops Savant (460) California Nov 16, 2009

Didn't vote for Wanderer, because I want my bottle to keep its rare flavor. :cool: I picked Bottleworks...would love to see it brewed again under a different name. Also would love Filmishmish again...that shit was delicious! I think my top want would be Barrel Fermented Autumn Maple. That beer blew my mind.
  10. I was psyched that Tart of Darkness graduated from Provisions series to be brewed again.
    +1 for DBJW
    +1 for Wanderer
    +1 for Marron Acidifie

And obligatory: "bring back the 20 malt Black Tuesday."
  11. nogidrew86

nogidrew86 Aficionado (240) Nevada Aug 16, 2010

Four shizzles
  12. pinkgrenade

pinkgrenade Savant (250) California Aug 19, 2011

mother funker
    Beerandraiderfan likes this.
  13. Was Partridge in a Spice Tree ever bottled?
  14. nogidrew86

No, it was a first firkin friday release if I remember correctly.
  15. RedBeeron

RedBeeron Savant (250) California Jul 7, 2012

Nominally my vote would go for melange 1, but its supposed to be released again this year.

So my follow up would be oui oui, but Confession sounds like a new twist on that beer.

So Workman's Friend I guess? Couldn't get enough of that and was sad to see my last bottle go (down into my belly).
    Beerandraiderfan and vurt like this.
  16. IKR

IKR Savant (310) California May 25, 2010

As a slight tweak to the Marron Acidifie listed in the poll I'm going for ISO:FT. The tropical fruit element (guava) did add something to Marron Acidifie. Though I would be happy with almost everything listed in this thread.
  17. vurt

vurt Savant (495) Oregon Apr 11, 2004

That's what I remember too.

(Geek Edit: Ha! Wanted to see if the forum could handle nested replies, and it can!)
  18. BT S'mores or a Grey Monday that actually has hazelnut flavor
  19. heatwaves

Is it odd that I loved Pinolambicious, but hated Oui Oui? Oui Oui just tasted like $2 wine to me.
  20. The Wanderer
    Cuvee Jeune
    Melange Sechs

Any of those would be good since I have never tried them.
  21. vacax

I am in complete agreement. The Riesling Blend is on another level over Pinotlambicus as well.
  22. abecall98

abecall98 Advocate (530) California Aug 11, 2007

White Zin.
    vurt, Halcyondays and nogidrew86 like this.
  23. nogidrew86

Humulus rice was an awesome summer beer! Humulus gold was amazing as well!
  24. Partridge in a Spice Tree - Best beer ever from them, the spices are perfect
    100% Brett Trade Winds - Great yeast character and amazing nose
    Workman's Friend - Big 'ol delicious porter
    Cuvee Jeune - Great wild, a steal at $25/growler
    Filmishmish - Poor man's Fou Foune, 'nuff said
    Mead-Lange - One of the few braggots around, very well done and big
    Do it to it Gruit - Not reviewed well on this site, but I liked it quite a bit, definitely something different
    Humulus Bruin - A real early beer from them, great mix of Belgium and 'Murica
    vurt likes this.
  25. jmgrub

jmgrub Savant (435) California Nov 20, 2010

Trois Poules Francais. Not all that well regarded by others, but I quite enjoyed it.
  26. vacax

That beer is aging incredibly well also
  27. CenCalMario

CenCalMario Savant (285) California Jan 12, 2009

TPF is aging like a hot milf... would love some more S.A.M....Marron Acidife.... Marshmellow and graham cracker BT.... BA 2TD - bomba.
  28. mmikey8

mmikey8 Savant (260) California Aug 2, 2012

BT Banana Fosters.. was only on tap, but amazing flavor
  29. Blazer06

Blazer06 Aficionado (190) Florida Jun 30, 2008

Salt of the Earth and Pinotlambicus are two i would like to buy again.
    GRG1313 likes this.
  30. +1 Wanderer
    Have had it on multiple occasions (tap and bottle) and it's still not enough. Need more!

They need to make and bottle Smore Tuesday asap
  31. heatwaves

Refreshing to see a recommendation for SotE. Gose (no matter who brews it) is a tough style to love. I firmly believe that Gose translates to "cool alcoholic seawater".
  32. Blazer06

Blazer06 Aficionado (190) Florida Jun 30, 2008

I like Goses and I thought they did a great job with that one. I got many bottles and all that I shared were very well received, same with Pinotlambicus.
  33. MikeTen

MikeTen Initiate (0) California Apr 3, 2009

Troll
  34. Peanut Butter Black Tuesday
  35. pinkgrenade

why?
  36. Sebowski

Sebowski Savant (270) California Jan 11, 2010

37. Sebowski

Sebowski Savant (270) California Jan 11, 2010

People keep using this word. I do not think it means what they think it means.
  38. Xul

Xul Advocate (500) California May 18, 2008

Mother Funker was almost universally panned on BA. I was ambivalent about it, but some of my friends enjoyed it. I think people were expecting something closer to a complex sour, with a balance of acidity and funk, and didn't get that. It was a (relatively speaking) one-dimensional sour bomb and not a lot of fun to drink on its own. I didn't hate it the way some people here seemed to, but out of all their sours, I think it would be low on most people's lists of what The Bruery should re-brew.
    jmgrub likes this.
  39. pinkgrenade

good explanation! i rarely enter bruery threads so thats probably why i had no idea. i really liked mother funker so thats funny.
  40. tyrsis

tyrsis Savant (360) California Mar 13, 2009

Einer's Folly.
    Psyko and Beerandraiderfan like this.