1. The BeerAdvocate Store is back! Pre-order your stuff now. Items begin shipping Dec 15. Christmas deadline = Dec 18 @ 5pm EST.
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

what breweries are you willing to blindly try anything from?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by nanobrew, Nov 29, 2012.

1. The answers are eerily similar to what my favorite breweries are-
    Heller-Trum
    Ayinger
    Weihenstephaner
    Sierra Nevada
    Fullers

2. fauxpunker

fauxpunker Aficionado (165) Nov 23, 2012

At this point I'll give Founders a shot without hesitating. Three Floyds has joined that list as well.

3. Russian River. Also, Founder's, Bruery, and Stone.

4. stakem

stakem Champion (870) Pennsylvania Feb 20, 2009

not necessarily a specific brewery but anyone who puts out a berliner weisse is an automatic buy for me

i generally try everything new coming out of my local spots like troegs and their scratch beer. also pizza boy and selinsgrove but those are draft/growler only. pizza boy is cranking new stuff out all the time. selinsgrove has their nitch of usual suspects but its fun to try each new batch because the brewer is known to tweak and change his recipes from one batch to the next

ehammond1 likes this.
  5. mychalg9

mychalg9 Advocate (710) Illinois Apr 8, 2010

Founders, Sierra Nevada, Revolution, Goose Island

6. Thads324

Thads324 Savant (390) Connecticut Jan 21, 2010

Stone is inexpensive? Are you high?
    I'll agreed on lagunitas, I love all of their stuff. Pretty things will also get my vote, I really like their creations

7. Lagunitas, Sierra, Troegs, Victory, Maine, Sixpoint, Cisco, Blue Hills (wow was the Oktoberfest marzen bad), Mayflower, Jacks Abbey. These are the usual New England/East Coast distributed suspects.

8. Southern Tier.
    Always on the edge, but somehow still maintains sanity.

9. Stinger80OH

Stinger80OH Advocate (675) Ohio Nov 11, 2011

Bell's, Founders, Great Lakes, Fat Heads, DFH, Oskar Blues, FW, Goose Island, Brewery Vivant, Stone, Troegs, Victory...shall I go on?

jhartley likes this.
  10. GeoffreyM

GeoffreyM Savant (450) Pennsylvania Feb 23, 2012

I would have to say that Tired Hands is a place I feel comfortable ordering anything.

11. Founders, Bell's, Troegs, Victory, Lagunitas. Just to name a few, I haven't had a bad one yet from any of those breweries.

12. manutdfan

manutdfan Initiate (0) Florida May 25, 2012

Funky Buddha and Cigar City

13. jtg5678

jtg5678 Savant (290) Illinois Nov 27, 2012

Great Lakes, New Glarus, Founders, Three Floyds, Perennial

14. xnicknj

xnicknj Advocate (730) Pennsylvania May 25, 2009

Russian River
    Founders
    Hill Farmstead
    Tired Hands
    Surly
    Firestone Walker

15. Right now, I'm all about trying anything by Pipeworks Brewery here in Chicago.

16. Vonstein15

Vonstein15 Savant (310) Ohio Jan 15, 2010

Schafly,havn't been disappointed yet.

17. SupremePie

SupremePie Savant (320) Vermont Sep 30, 2012

Lawsons Finest, Bobcat Cafe, and Hill Farmstead.. Frankly, I despise hoppy beers, to the point where I spit out most pale ales that I try. With that said, Sean, Mark, and Shaun are such fine brewmasters that I will very willingly even partake in a small pour of their hop bombs.

18. redblacks75

redblacks75 Savant (440) Iowa Oct 29, 2010

Struise, Surly, New Glarus, Russian River, Toppling Goliath. Probably allot more than that though.

19. Rogue

#YOLO

20. fredmugs

fredmugs Champion (870) Indiana Aug 11, 2012

It was Bell's until I had an Oarsman Ale.
    If it's a style I like then FFF, Founders, Stone, Firestone Walker, and most of Colorado.

21. pmoney

pmoney Advocate (600) Colorado Apr 15, 2011

Pipeworks. I haven't been let-down yet and I've tried just about everything they have released.

22. Olde Hickory
    CCB
    Founders

23. I don't mind Oarsman, my wife really likes it. She thinks Founders Cerise is OK, and I can't drink that one.

24. Heller-Trum
    Ayinger or Andechs
    Russian River
    Firestone Walker
    Bells

and Sierra Nevada.

Edit - must also say anything from Spezial and Mahrs.

vurt likes this.
  25. My two have been mentioned individually, but not together... I'm not sure either Alesmith or Founders are capable of making a beer I wouldn't be happy with...

26. Prost Brewing. Any purchases would be truly blind, as I have yet to try a single beer from them; but from everything I've read and seen, I'm convinced they wouldn't disappoint.

27. NWer

NWer Advocate (660) Washington Mar 10, 2009

+1 RR for sure.
    In addition:
    Surly
    Fremont
    Bruery
    HotD

28. tastymug

tastymug Savant (305) Washington Oct 10, 2012

Southern Tier, Rogue, Weyerbacher, and Three Floyds (which sadly is rarely available in my area).

BeerKangaroo likes this.
  29. I usually do a mix of styles i'm currently digging plus breweries i have faith in. If it's a style i feel burnt out on, i'll pass even if its one of my fave breweries.

That said, locally, Dieu du Ciel is pretty much the only one i buy blindly. If i don't like though, i won't re-purchase.

When i go shopping in the US: For sure, if i see, i grab Hill Farmstead & Three Floyds. Founders & Bell's are two others that i pause at.

30. Lucidious

Lucidious Initiate (0) California Nov 15, 2012

I have to say I am still way N00b, so I'll pretty much try anything from anywhere, but to be more specific I am in love with a local brewery called Enegren Brewing Co. I lived down the street from their brewery when they first opened and fell in love with their Alt (they call it a California Alt). They really got me into beer, so anything they make I will try!

vurt likes this.
  31. Not high.
    Here in CA Stone and Lagunitas are right around the same price!
    $8-$9 six packs and $5-$6 bombers

32. No brewery if the beer is outrageously priced, but Deschutes, Lagunitas, Sierra Nevada, Stone and Rogue.

33. klaybie

klaybie Savant (275) Illinois Nov 15, 2009

Founders and New Glarus. If I could have 1 brewery in my hometown, it would be tough to choose between these two. I make a trip to New Glarus once a year just to get there beers, where as with Founders, they distribute here. On topic, I would try anything these breweries put out, no questions asked.

34. Stone, Southern Tier, Avery, Ommegang, Chimay, St. Bernardus, Unibroue, to name my obvious ones.

35. This! also surly, new glarus, alpine.

36. Rau71

Rau71 Initiate (0) California Dec 12, 2011

805 Honey Blonde is basically the Craft Converter beer. Tastes like Coors or something to me. But they did make an 805 IPA and it was fantastic, but they have no intentions of making or selling that beer right now.

On topic, Firestone and Sierra Nevada for me.

37. 6 pack:
    Unibroue,DFH,Victory,Sixpoint,Ommegang,Sierra Nevada

38. MagillaGriller

MagillaGriller Savant (315) Aug 20, 2012

39. MeadGuyfromMD

MeadGuyfromMD Savant (260) Maryland May 23, 2007

Shorts, Founder's, Bell's, Deschutes, Dogfish, Cigar City, Funky Buddha, Odell, hmm.. Russian River, Lost Abbey, Victory and Weyerbacher.

40. Sierra Nevada/Lagunitas/founders for bigger operations that are easy to find.

Jacks Abby has been filling this void lately for locals as well as Pretty Things.