1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

what breweries are you willing to blindly try anything from?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by nanobrew, Nov 29, 2012.

1. jkane101

jkane101 Savant (460) New Jersey Sep 22, 2007

Russian river
    Alpine
    HF
    And now add Rushing Duck

2. Im gonna have to say Berrynessa. A small brewery coming out of Winters, CA that is making some phenominal brews.

3. This thread shows the depth and breadth of craft beer and why I love it so much. I would not argue with a single entry. Bottom line is that there is not much I would not try at least once. That being said...Founder's.

Hotmetal1 likes this.
  4. rolandboy

rolandboy Savant (250) Michigan Oct 11, 2012

Founders, Russian River...wait...i think i'd blindly try beer from any brewery. what if you happened to miss out on the best beer they've ever made just because you wrote them off from a past experience? i'd rather take the risk of sipping a bad beer for the possible payoff of a great beer.

Sterlingbeerguy likes this.
  5. markvincent2011

markvincent2011 Initiate (15) Nov 30, 2012

Hill Farmstead, Dogfish Head, Lagunitas, Sierra Nevada, Portsmouth Brewery

6. Compton25

Compton25 Savant (335) Texas Jan 25, 2011

Jester King! Always something interesting to explore.

7. Russian River
    Hill Farmstead
    Alpine
    Founders
    Cigar City

8. DonDirkA

DonDirkA Savant (400) Arizona Dec 14, 2011

The only reason I wouldn't blindly try ANY brewery is that the craft beer boom has lead to a lot of subpar breweries getting distro (especially locals). But I will try just about anything at least once (depending on price).

9. sacrelicio

sacrelicio Initiate (0) Minnesota Feb 15, 2005

Surly, Bell's, Founders, Steel Toe, Lagunitas, FFF, Minneapolis Town Hall, Indeed.

10. I'm looking forward to their new Nimtopsical Scotch Ale, myself. I'll definitely be picking up a growler this week, with absolutely no hesitations about whether it'll be good or not.

11. Got to thinking, is there a brewery that you wouldn't hesitate buying any of their beers, even new releases or ones you've never tasted or heard about? Is there a brewery that you have such confidence in that you'd drink any of their beers without question?

I have to admit, I can't think of any personally. There are some breweries that I love, that I enjoy almost anything they brew, but I'm not a fan of Belgian-styled beers, not do I drink beers with flavor adjuncts like coffee, spices, fruit etc so that kind of eliminates me from the "I'd drink anything they make" group.

So for those of you who like most every style, are there any breweries you trust unhesitatingly?

12. I would drink anything Deschutes puts out. I've never had a beer from them that I didn't like, and most of them I absolutely love. That includes brewpub exclusives.

13. Good question. I always like to order new things, but there aren't many places where it's never a gamble. When I walk into this place I feel safe that anything I order will be enjoyable.

14. jRocco2021

jRocco2021 Savant (395) Wisconsin Mar 13, 2010

Never hesitated buying anything from New Glarus.

15. The bruery. Always a bit overpriced, but always at least interesting and mostly insanely awesome.

If I buy a new one here or there that isn't a homerun, but is at least an interesting beer, I consider that part of the expierence.

I will never pass on the chance to try new things from them, assuming I've got the dough in my pocket.

Thedaver4220 likes this.
  16. Pipeworks. The only thing ive hesitated doing is starting a thread giving kudos to ever single divine nectar those guys ever put their magic brew making hands on. Thank you men for creating beauty in a bottle. Cheers

17. Sierra Nevada again and again. If they make it, I will drink it.

TongoRad, digita7693, HeyJim and 5 others like this.
  18. Duck Rabbit does well with everything that isnt infected (im partial, I lvoe dark beers).
    Great Lakes (the two iffy beers from them--At Wit's End (lemon balm Wit) and Traffic Light (altbier)) havent faltered my confidence.
    Thirsty Dog puts out better than average stuff. Even their Dortmunder was tasty.
    Lets not forget Aecht Schlenkerla. That smoke is just crazy good, and it works in whatever style they do.

I havent had the opportunity to try/buy everything from them, but I havent been let down by 3Floyds yet. Everything seems to be really freaking good. Dark Lord was good not great.

19. Tony412

Tony412 Savant (255) Michigan Jan 26, 2012

Kuhnhenn. Tasty, tasty Kuhnhenn.

IMSPEAKNOENGLISH likes this.
  20. robinsmv

robinsmv Initiate (0) Florida Jun 24, 2010

Cigar City

time4lunch likes this.
  21. Jules11788

Jules11788 Savant (390) California Feb 15, 2011

The Bruery and Three Floyds

whendeathsleeps likes this.
  22. I can safely say I've never had a beer from Founders I didn't like.

23. I'd say Sierra Nevada and Lagunitas. I can pick up anything from either one of them and not be upset about it. Not that I would ever really be upset about picking up a beer, but I can go to those two with confidence.

24. alexipa

alexipa Savant (410) Colorado Oct 7, 2011

Sierra freakin' Nevada. Everything they do is world class.

25. I've liked everything except Cerise, and I was expecting to like it.

26. Selins grove brewery

27. Jules11788

Jules11788 Savant (390) California Feb 15, 2011

Yeah Lagunitas too. I've never had a bad brew from them

28. WoodburyMN

WoodburyMN Savant (340) Indiana Aug 5, 2012

3 Floyds

29. FOUNDERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!! is there any outhers

30. STEG

STEG Savant (255) New York Jun 29, 2009

Captain Lawrence

31. Weyerbacher
    Southern Tier
    Founders
    Ommegang
    Brooklyn
    Green Flash
    Firestone Walker

32. FFF until bully guppy. worst beer ive ever had

33. Treebs

Treebs Initiate (0) Illinois Apr 18, 2011

Hill Farmstead, no questions asked.

34. Southern Tier, definitely my go to beer.

35. lsummers

lsummers Advocate (535) California Jun 21, 2010

A fairly new brewery called Cismontane continues to surprise me every time they come out with something new. I enjoy everything they have done.

ggwheeler likes this.
  36. I liked it for what it was. I'm not a huge fan of fruit beers, but I can't say I didn't enjoy Cerise

37. Marti403

Marti403 Savant (470) Michigan Jul 23, 2011

Kuhnhenn for sure.

38. glaze3

glaze3 Aficionado (140) Nevada Jul 29, 2010

Firestone
    Hair of the Dog

39. We can all name the big guys all day. I mean I'd take Hill Farmstead all day long, but when it comes down it, I'll stand by my locals. Give me anything. Hell, I just bought Kane's (NJ) 2nd bottle release, 365, after having it at a bar and not really liking it. And I definitely seek out Carton's new stuff at bars whenever available.