What brewery are you still waiting to be impressed by?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by FEUO, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Dogfish Head, to me, is the most overrated brewery in the entire world. Bitches Brew was pretty good, IPAs are decent, but Rhizing Bines was a MASSIVE disappointment, and their "ancient ales" are simply undrinkable. I understand that they pioneered many brewing techniques and are arguably the most creative craft brewery, but when it comes down to me and a pint of DFH beer, I'm thinking about all the other beer I'd rather be drinking. I'm not impressed - STEP UP YOUR GAME DFH!

2. FEUO

FEUO Initiate (0) Ontario (Canada) Jul 24, 2012

Didn't want to be let down. Starting this thread help me lower my expectations. ;)

3. I definitely would have said Sixpoint up until a few weeks ago. Their beers have struck me as good at best but more often completely forgettable. That is, until I tried the 3beans. They really knocked it out of the park with that one.

So instead, I'm going to have to go with my local beer scene in general: Long Island, NY. A bunch of them make good beers, but I've yet to be truly impressed by them. Not really counting Southampton's special release beer, though.