1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

What cheap beer is in your fridge?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Mediczod, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Always have Genny Cream Ale on hand and lately Genny 12 Horse. I think there is some Labatts that got left here out in the garage as well.
    GennyCreamAle likes this.
  2. OnWisconsin

OnWisconsin Savant (335) Wisconsin Aug 14, 2012

I always have New Glarus Spotted Cow in the beer fridge. Nothing special but yet very drinkable.
  3. rholmes

rholmes Zealot (95) Florida Sep 11, 2012

Coors Light. Everyone else not into craft seems to get along with it.
  4. Hawkharvs

Hawkharvs Aficionado (215) Iowa Sep 9, 2012

Miller lite for my mother-in-law and brother-in-law.
  5. danmcg62

danmcg62 Savant (400) Massachusetts Jan 24, 2006

I'm living with my in-laws at the moment and my father in law is a bud light lime drinker so that is in the fridgd at the moment. Before we moved I kept bud lights in the fridge for my father in law and brother in law. Every once in a while I like to get some high life or gansetts to have when I want to throw a few back and it's a pretty universal option for the non craft folk.
  6. Rohkey

Rohkey Savant (350) Michigan Jan 13, 2013

Bud Light, my brother and dad don't like craft/microbrews, so I keep that in the downstairs fridge.
  7. mvdillman

mvdillman Savant (255) Indiana Dec 30, 2012

Have FFF Zombie Dust and Goose Island Mild Winter. Usually friends bring their own if they want something on the lower end. My fridge will never consist of such items.
  8. SNPA 12 pack.
  9. Bud, although its been months since I touched one. Think I got a Miller Lite too that someone brought over and didnt finish.
  10. dhannes

dhannes Savant (360) Wisconsin Feb 14, 2010

Right now, it is Miller Lite shorties (bought for my sister-in-law), but I also have a lone Berghoff Oktoberfest left (was $8.99/12).
  11. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 8, 2011

[​IMG]Bramble
    MichiBrew likes this.
  12. 12 pack of Olympia. Cant afford to drink craft only - not with the amount of beer we drink around here..
  13. rfbenavi80

rfbenavi80 Savant (360) Missouri Mar 15, 2010

Always have Old Milwaukee Light on hand.
    trevorjk likes this.
  14. i have a 40oz of 211 that was in my fridge 5 miinutes ago. Now its in my hand.
  15. I think its the Two Roads Pilsner. $9 for the 6 pack
  16. dbfp210

dbfp210 Savant (350) Pennsylvania Jun 27, 2012

Yuengling cans.
    Weavagra likes this.
  17. Sierra Nevada seasonals or the pale ale are almost always in the fridge. Ruthless Rye right now.
  18. I usually have highlife on hand. I usually dont have more than 3 craft beers in a night. If I feel like drinking more I'll switch to highlife.

I also have homebrew thats a bit cheaper to make than most craft.
  19. brewtus

brewtus Savant (355) Ohio Dec 29, 2012

Best quote I've ever read:

" all beer is good. Some beer is better, but all beer is good.”

With that being said, I usually have some bud light next to my three Floyd's or founders... There I said it
    chuckstout likes this.
  20. rocdoc1

rocdoc1 Savant (380) New Mexico Jan 13, 2006

About 50 gallons of assorted homebrewed beers, mead and cider.
    AlaskanYoung likes this.
  21. A 12 pack of Session Lager by Fullsail. (12 bucks.)
  22. 2011 Genesee Brewery release only
    Winter-Beerd not that aging for a year has improved it one bit.. :D
  23. teamwiggum

teamwiggum Advocate (500) Wisconsin Nov 30, 2008

Within my circle of friends, BYO is a given. Not in a bad host sort of way, it's just that we all have such a varied taste in beer that it's easier to bring what you like.
  24. TravisR

TravisR Savant (355) New Jersey Dec 31, 2012

Usually Flying Fish Hop and RedFish because they're local and and reasonably priced around me.
    WassailWilly likes this.
  25. I keep Yeungling in my fridge as a decoy beer. When someone opens up the fridge and doesn't recognize any of the bottles, they'll likely grab a Yuengling because it's the only thing that looks familiar.
    chuckstout likes this.
  26. I think there's about case of Yuengling bottles in my fridge.
  27. SA Boston Lager....If you don't like that...then you just don't like beer.
  28. Oh yeah checkmate but not in the fridge. Sitting in the great outdoors awaiting more chilling temps
  29. beercanman

beercanman Savant (485) Ohio Dec 17, 2012

PBR
    acevenom likes this.
  30. LeRose

LeRose Advocate (530) Massachusetts Nov 24, 2011

I think I will start keeping Narragansett around. Might as well keep it reasonably local. Right now, Blue Moon is around and my cheapest six pack otherwise is Celebration, which some guests actually liked! Used to keep Sam Adams variety packs, but never get around to finishing them when the company leaves.
  31. I'm glad you missed the point and spirit of this thread. Congrats. [/fucksarcasm]
    wesbray likes this.
  32. No cheap beer in my fridge. Sorry guys! I have great distribution and I don't buy cheap beer. I let my friends do that and I drink their beer!!
  33. Shocktop Lemon Shandy because I got a case for $11. Not very good, but it's about what I expected and I can't complain for that price.
  34. Brunite

Brunite Savant (420) Illinois Sep 21, 2009

The cheapest stuff you'll ever find in my fridge:

Firestone Walker/TJ's Mission St PA 6.99/6
    New Glarus Moon Man 7.68/6
    SA Boston Lager 12.99/12

Other than that...I do have some (literally) 2008 Michelob in the vegetable crisper.
  35. SN, Lagunitas are usually the cheapest I have. If you don't like that then bring a case of what you like.

Oddly enough my brother likes Kona Big Wave so I may purchase that for family and friends at times. Otherwise they can bring their own shitty Mexican beer.
  36. superspak

superspak Champion (900) Michigan May 5, 2010

Cheapest beer in my fridge right now is Founders Centennial at around $10 a 6 pack. Now that New Belgium is in MI, I sometimes grab the Ranger IPA which can be under $8 a 6 pack on sale. Never go cheaper than that. I would say the Sam Adams 6 packs are the baseline. I do enjoy buying the 12 pack variety stuff from time to time.
  37. NB Shift. Thats it at the moment. and my brother left a shock top end of the world wheat o_O
  38. Eastside151

Eastside151 Savant (450) Ohio Jun 29, 2012

My mothers husband brings his own High Life because it is the "Champagne of Beers" and leaves the extras for me thinking I might drink them. The only thing I will buy is when we have my buddy and his wife over who love their Miller Lite. They usually bring their own too because as she says, "You only drink that weird stuff."
  39. mychalg9

mychalg9 Advocate (685) Illinois Apr 8, 2010

Buid Light, Miller Lite, Coors Light, all left over from a party in September. I've given a few away here and there but nobody really comes over enough to drink all of it.