1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

What cheap beer is in your fridge?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Mediczod, Jan 13, 2013.

1. I don't keep cheap/BMC in my fridge.
    No one I know keeps beer I want to drink in their fridge.
    DonDirkA likes this.
  2. atone315

atone315 Advocate (650) Wisconsin Oct 8, 2008

I always have at least a half case of Hamm's and a 12'er of Mickey's grenades, you know....for the puzzles. And then for my Dads, Busch Light and Miller Lite.
  3. BMC friends are welcome to have Sam Adams or a variety of Boulevard and Schlafly beers I keep on hand.
  4. ChanChan

ChanChan Advocate (555) California Dec 12, 2009

Yes,

Coors light, Corona, and blue moon for the daring. Problem is, I have to keep restocking cause I usually drink all the beer myself!! I'm like Hanzo, a "beer Ninja"!!
  5. Jae9979

Jae9979 Aficionado (135) New York Sep 23, 2012

Genesee cream ale, Sam Adams, Guinness.
    Scrapss likes this.
  6. << The latest offering from Grain Pirate Brewing.
    I think there's also a few assorted Blue Moons leftover from a party in September.
  7. I bought a sixer of High Life because I needed something in clear bottles for a science experiment. Still one left, if anyone wants it.
  8. a 24 can pack of Yuengling for 16 dollars is not bad
    Narragansett is good too and I missed the porter..
    Boston Lager is great too
  9. My friends usually bring their own beer over, so the cheapest in my fridge is usually Summit Saga or Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.
  10. DonDirkA

DonDirkA Savant (400) Arizona Dec 14, 2011

Church
  11. acevenom

acevenom Advocate (545) Louisiana Oct 7, 2011

I don't have any cheap beer right now, but I'll sometimes buy something like Schlitz, Old Milwaukee, or Miller High Life.
  12. ElCommodoro

ElCommodoro Aficionado (220) Texas Mar 24, 2011

Big Flats. There's nothing cheaper than that. And it goes well with hamburgers and hot dogs.
  13. Is it weird to like the Lindemann Fruit Lambics?
  14. The cheapest thing I ever have is a Sierra Nevada regular/seasonal, or a crap-load of Deschute's Mirror Pond. The most drinkable pale ale IMO, and even BMC drinkers really like it!
  15. Lutter

Lutter Advocate (650) Texas Jun 30, 2010

Shiner Bock and Shiner varieties. People seem to really dig their Farmhouse Ale.

When I lived out east, it was all Yuengling.
    Scrapss likes this.
  16. FEUO

FEUO Initiate (0) Ontario (Canada) Jul 24, 2012

I have a 12 pack of Sleeman Cream Ale and a 15 pack of Alexander Keith's sitting on a shelf in my very cold garage should an unconverted show up to mooch.
  17. Sam Adams Spring Thaw 24 pack (About 18 are left, this pack really doesn't do it for me with the exception of Maple Pecan Porter)
    Shock Top Honeycrisp Apple
    Blue Moon Valencia Grove Amber

I like the crazy flavor stuff, so I'll buy it even if it isn't "craft".
  18. BMitch

BMitch Aficionado (235) Virginia Jul 10, 2012

This is where you're missing a golden opportunity. A majority of my closest friends aren't craft beer drinkers and since they know that's what I mostly drink, they will usually bring some BMC beers when coming over. Typically there's a few left over at the end of the night and if my friends don't feel like taking them home, my brother and I will save them so that in the future when someone stops by who's not into craft, we always have something to offer them to drink. That's the key; most of my friends like to drink period and will still have a craft brew even if they don't necessarily like it all that much, so with a few extra BMC beers always floating in the fridge we don't have to worry about "wasting" the good stuff on our friends who won't really appreciate it.
  19. cneville

cneville Initiate (0) Ohio Sep 16, 2010

This is the single worst beer I have ever had.
    Nectar likes this.
  20. None. If you want to drink shit beer at my house, bring it your damn self!
  21. GallowsThief

GallowsThief Savant (375) Florida Aug 3, 2010

Miller Lite. I bought some for a July 4th bbq we had in 2009. Most of its still in there. I figure anyone who wants one wont taste how old it is anyway.
  22. epk

epk Savant (325) New Jersey Jun 10, 2008

I actually have a couple of Miller Lites, a Bud and a handful of Pabst left over from a Halloween party. I keep it around for the commoners while I pound Tripels and Quads in their face.
    Scrapss likes this.
  23. I
    I have six cans of Miller Lite stuffed in the can rack of my beer fridge in the garage since I can't use it for bottles. I know what you mean about wasting good beer on people that don't appreciate it but my "house" beer is Sam Adams so I will give them one of those or an IPA occasionally to see if they like it. St. Bernardus, Rochefort, Unibroue, Ommegang, Weihenstephaner et al is for me!;)
    Scrapss likes this.
  24. Derranged

Derranged Advocate (500) New York Mar 7, 2010

2 tallboys of Narragansett Lager and two oil cans of Molson XXX and those r all for me.
  25. Derranged

Derranged Advocate (500) New York Mar 7, 2010

2 tallboys of Narragansett Lager and two oil cans of Molson XXX and those r all for me.
  26. Ravenacht

Ravenacht Advocate (500) Florida Aug 10, 2012

Cheapest beer would be: Ten Fidy and some WnBake....some friends are craft drinkers , some are not so the "non's bring their own beer or raid my liquor cabinet.
  27. Vintage Blabaer.
    DonDirkA likes this.
  28. BelgBeerGeek

BelgBeerGeek Disciple (70) Belgium Nov 11, 2012

Duvel Tripel Hop 2012
  29. Drew26

Drew26 Savant (295) Wisconsin Nov 2, 2012

Yuengling.
    Also, some PBR...and I'm not even a hipster... ;)
    Scrapss likes this.
  30. DaKur

DaKur Savant (400) Rhode Island Nov 15, 2012

[​IMG]

Natty light and Natty ice will keep my Father happy.
  31. bifrost17

bifrost17 Initiate (0) Washington Dec 16, 2011

SNPA is usually the cheapest thing you'll find in my fridge. Cannot beat it for $7.99 per sixer.
  32. Zhiguli

Zhiguli Aficionado (245) California Jul 12, 2012

Mirror pond pale ale at $1 per bottle is what i keep. also velvet merkin and dba lately.. seems to be on sale a lot at a big market here.
  33. MudDrinker

MudDrinker Aficionado (210) Ohio Oct 16, 2012

Young's Double Choco Stout
  34. blguillen

blguillen Savant (300) California Apr 19, 2011

My sister has Bud Light, Chelada (?) and Miller Lite in our fridge
  35. I keep a few forties of King Cobra because when the neighborhood drunks don't feel like walking to the liquor store they'll buy them off me for $6 a pop
  36. Got to be a lone Blue Light. Have had it in the fridge for months. Nobody will drink it. Might have to use it for target practice.
  37. MarioM

MarioM Advocate (500) California Sep 13, 2009

2 of Trader Joe's 2012 Vintage Ale
  38. TheBeerDad

TheBeerDad Savant (325) Michigan Sep 6, 2012

Stroh's for the in-laws
  39. njhopspop

njhopspop Savant (335) New Jersey Oct 17, 2010

anyone who comes to my house knows the kind of beer I drink and know that if they want something else to bring their own. that said, the cheapest beer that's ended up in my fridge as of late is Guinness nitro cans
  40. TheRealPour

TheRealPour Savant (445) Illinois Jan 29, 2009

Brooklyn sampler pack...only considered 'cheap' because it was a gift. I'm knocking them off one by one as my own stash is expired (or if my session is ending). ;)