1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

What cheap beer is in your fridge?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Mediczod, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Normally it is Schaefer or Icehouse. At the moment I have a bottle of Bud Light in the fridge which I bought even cheaper from the "breakage" aisle in my super market.
  2. Nectar

Nectar Savant (310) New Jersey Jan 17, 2013

SNPA. I drink it and some BMC people enjoy it as well. I don't see the point in wasting space in MY fridge just in case someone only drinks BMC. Noones holding craft in their fridge in case I come over......
  3. turfy

turfy Savant (350) Texas Mar 17, 2010

If I'm going to have to have any non-craft beer around, it's Coors...Silver Bullets and/or Yellow Dogs.
    BWM-77 likes this.
  4. mecummins

mecummins Savant (425) Illinois Nov 16, 2012

One of my brothers keeps some Bud Lights in my beer fridge. He 'll have one of my crafts and the 2 of the Buds. Whatever works for him. When I have relatives over who aren 't craft fans, I try to have some Goose Island on hand for them. It's just polite.
    Nectar likes this.
  5. WIED

WIED Aficionado (125) Montana Jan 14, 2008

My cousin scored a vintage Hamm's beer "Dancing glasses" neon in premo shape so for the "big" hanging ceremony in her basement bar I drove two hours (I had other stuff to do ,trust me) to Billings,MT and scored a cube of Hamms for the event. The leftovers are in my fridge. I'm drinking a Bayern Amber right now.
  6. xnicknj

xnicknj Advocate (730) Pennsylvania May 25, 2009

i hardly ever buy any of it, but people frequently leave PBR and Yuengling in my fridge, which typically sits there until the next time i have friends over.
    Scrapss likes this.
  7. nc41

nc41 Advocate (650) North Carolina Sep 25, 2008

Right now Ultra, I have pneumonia and everything tastes like shit anyway, might as well drink cheap shit.
    Scrapss likes this.
  8. I always have a cheap beer in my fridge for myself. The past few months, I've been on a Genny Cream Ale kick. I have no problem handing out one or two of them, and I never hand out my more expensive beer to people.
    tkdchampxi, kerry4porters and Scrapss like this.
  9. cyrushire

cyrushire Advocate (575) Florida May 25, 2012

Jai Alai is the least expensive beer in my fridge but i'd hardly call it cheap. you can still have one if you stop by though.
  10. cyrushire

cyrushire Advocate (575) Florida May 25, 2012

2 hours to Billings?... you in Bozeman?
    SidDuffman likes this.
  11. Catracho5

Catracho5 Savant (375) California Aug 10, 2013

No cheap beers in my fridge, friends want a beer then they have to drink what's in there. If they don't like the selection bring your own.
    StuartCarter and 5thOhio like this.
  12. There are two Stella's, three bitburgers, and a corona in my fridge at the moment, all left by friends. They will be consumed by friends too, although I occasionally enjoy a bitburger.

There is also a single fiddlehead second fiddle and a terrapin beer that was extra'd to me which I will be drinking myself sometime soon!
  13. Life is really too short to drink cheap beer :( this thread makes me sad
  14. 64vdub

64vdub Aficionado (230) California Feb 20, 2014

I have some Miller High Life...for when you just need to marinate something or for when you can't spare the quality time to drink your quality beer. After all, it is The Champagne of Beers :)
  15. DrumKid003

DrumKid003 Savant (290) Oklahoma Aug 10, 2013

At the lake house currently and I've got Modelo, Corona, Blue Moon & Kona Longboard. Down in this part of the state there really isn't a good liquor store close to the house, so grab some cervezas to take out on the boat and call it good.
  16. mrjmann

mrjmann Savant (300) Indiana Feb 10, 2014

Newcastle and Beck's
  17. Nightwish1094

Nightwish1094 Savant (345) Texas Apr 24, 2010

Sixpoint Bengali
  18. 64vdub

64vdub Aficionado (230) California Feb 20, 2014

Actually now that I think about it, now that I'm mostly into sours, the cheap beer in my fridge is: Pliny, Heady and Alpine!
    yemenmocha and Scrapss like this.
  19. Scrapss

Scrapss Advocate (585) Pennsylvania Nov 15, 2008

I have been known to stock, at various times...

Miller High Life
    Genny Cream Ale
    *Straub Amber
    *Straub Lager
    Straub Light
    Yeungling Premium
    Yeungling Lager

* current "guest beer"
    nicholas2121, WesMantooth and 64vdub like this.
  20. Genny cream.
  21. Golden Road's 329 Lager... It doesn't get cheaper than gifted 6-packs. Otherwise, if I'm paying for it, then it's Swamis.
  22. you are more than welcome to keep all and any cheap beer in your own fridge. I certainly won't have any in mine.
  23. reaganrvltn

reaganrvltn Savant (330) Georgia May 24, 2014

Bass and Harp. I call it emergency beer
    seakayak likes this.
  24. Dieselpunk is in mine. Not a bad IPA for $2.99 a 4 pack.
  25. No cheap beer. Just some shit Korean rice wine.
    London_Gent likes this.
  26. Yuengling Lager. Not uncommon to see that in the fridge.
  27. I stock Yuengling..
    I also have Coors Light, Heineken Light, and Miller lite..all of these are from friends that bring them, that's what they like.
    To each his own....
    nicholas2121 and BeerThursdays like this.
  28. Harnkus

Harnkus Savant (360) New York Oct 31, 2013

Anchor Steam is 12.99 in NY. How is that cheap ?

I have some Gansett Summer Ale in the fridge.
    fx20736 likes this.
  29. meanmutt

meanmutt Advocate (615) Ohio Feb 6, 2012

Hudy 14-k. Grabbed a 12 pack on sale for $4.99
  30. utopiajane

utopiajane Champion (860) New York Jun 11, 2013

Did have some pikeland pils in there. Never lasts.
  31. Nelson's brewing honey lager

It's a great beer it's cheap, and I like to support the little guy
  32. TheBrewo

TheBrewo Advocate (645) Michigan Nov 11, 2010

Short's Prolonged Enjoyment
  33. digam11

digam11 Aspirant (30) Massachusetts Jun 14, 2014

Modelo .... left over from Cinco
    nicholas2121 likes this.
  34. Vogt52

Vogt52 Savant (445) Maryland May 25, 2014

Lionshead and Natty Boh
  35. Kanger

Kanger Savant (345) New York Sep 3, 2013

Currently it's my band's singer's left over can of Corona.
  36. upsbeernut

upsbeernut Aficionado (245) Georgia Sep 22, 2011

coors light my son goes cheap sometimes. Tried to drink one and dumped it, my tastebuds went;Are you crazy?
  37. There's always Rainier in my fridge and every now and then someone driving from the Midwest will bring me a flat of Old Style. A friend of mine also left ten or twelve cans of Miller Lite after a long night; I was able to pawn them off on the moving guys when I packed up recently/
  38. Seiler22

Seiler22 Aficionado (195) Minnesota Apr 30, 2014

Usually its some sort of Summit variety 12, but during the summer i usually go with the cheaper shandy's, right now tenacious traveler, which isn't great but I like the ginger and it goes down easy
  39. Narragansett/'gansett summer are my go-to cheap beers, more for the tallboys than anything else. It's just nice getting through 12 ounces of beer and finding out that you're not done yet.
    slarrage, Dools9 and fx20736 like this.
  40. Stugotzo

Stugotzo Savant (495) Florida Jun 13, 2012

A Chimay Red, a Chimay White, and a Chimay Blue.

Picked them up for $5.41 total, and it came with a Chimay chalice... Sam's Club a few weeks ago. :D