What do you do with beer you don't like?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Andygirl, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Andygirl

Andygirl Savant (280) Michigan Jan 3, 2013

Besides trading, how do you dispose of perfectly OK beer that just does nothing for you? I have almost 2 cases of of beer that I can look at and just know I am never drinking it. :oops:

2. Cook with it or give it away

3. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Poobah (1,145) Wyoming Sep 14, 2002

What beer is it?

4. Wow- that's a lot. Whenever this sort of thing happens to me it's usually just a few bottles I have to deal with. I find that having a bit of fun with blending beers helps keep things interesting if I have some lying around that are too sweet, too bland, too 'whatever'...

DrStiffington and jplopez21 like this.
  5. I drink just about everything I buy, but if there are beers I don't particularly care for, I just serve them to guests at my house. If they don't like it, they can bring their own beer.

6. CellarGimp

CellarGimp Savant (475) Missouri Sep 14, 2011

This is it.

creepinjeeper and MilkManX like this.
  7. Smash the bottles behind WaWa

8. Andygirl

It's a hodge podge of stouts, some ryes, a ginger beer, a dozen oddball, some that have nuts, and some hopslam. No fabulous rare items, but stuff a non-craft drinker wouldn't touch.

I have been cooking with it, but my house is starting to smell a little too much like beer.

creepinjeeper likes this.
  9. Kuester

Kuester Aficionado (165) Colorado May 14, 2012

Luckily has only happened with Festina Peche for me, threw the other 3 bottles away. It'll take a while for me to try another berliner lol

KevinMc79 likes this.
  10. Bring it to (big) parties. People will drink it

Blueribbon666, MilkManX and MAbeerNE1 like this.
  11. You drain pour it and brag about it on BA. *scoff*

12. Andygirl

Lucky being a girl keeps me out of the measuring contests.

13. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Poobah (1,145) Wyoming Sep 14, 2002

I need some names of the beers to put in a good opinion. Hopslam? That one has me stumped though I respect you're not liking it; we all have our own palates and what pleases it.

14. I drink it. Hell, I drank two bottles of Cherry Wheat. Didn't kill me.

Ralphs66, MaxOhle and JxExM like this.
  15. I pitch it off as Budweisers latest product and sell it to the neighborhood drunks

16. FEUO

FEUO Initiate (0) Ontario (Canada) Jul 24, 2012

Pawn it.

17. joeseppy

joeseppy Savant (295) Illinois Oct 20, 2012

Either make it a guest beer or incorporate into garden fertilizer this spring.

creepinjeeper likes this.
  18. drink it anyway, or share with friends/family

19. Andygirl

In the cellar:

Breckenridge 72 Imperial
    Left Hand Good JuJu (may be too old)
    Well's Banana Bread
    Souther tier 2x stout
    Ruthless Rye
    Arcadia Coco Loco
    Arcadia Cereal Killer
    Hopslam
    Kuhnhenn Christmas Stollen
    Shorts Woodmaster
    Arcadia Imperial Stout

20. kingofhop

kingofhop Advocate (555) Oklahoma May 9, 2010

I have this problem, right now as we speak. I have a lone bottle left from a sixer of Weihenstaphener Hefe-weiss. I've struggled all weekend with the stuff, I realize it's rated world class, but man... I do not like banana/clove flavored beer. My son drank a couple. That's about all he could handle. Oh well. Gonna pop the top now and man up. I don't drain pour.​

21. Beefytits4

Beefytits4 Savant (485) Illinois Nov 2, 2011

I save it for the next big game or fight. It goes down smoother after I've had a few good beers.

22. tronester

tronester Advocate (645) Oklahoma Nov 25, 2006

Give it away or drink it.

23. Derranged

Derranged Advocate (525) New York Mar 7, 2010

It depends how much I don't like it. If I don't care for it but I still find it drinkable/tolerable, I'll tough it out and finish it. One recent example for me is DFH Punkin. I didn't like it, not sure what the hell DFH had in mind when brewing that one. It was still tolerable so I finished it. Ifa beer is undrinkable I just dump it.

However, keep in mind that its different when you drink for "buzz/feel" as well as "taste". I see that many BAs don't even so much as like getting a buzz, much less getting drunk or bombed. I am not one of them. So even if I buy a beer I don't particularly like, I finish it anyway because it still serves a purpose.

If you're drinking strictly for taste, it doesn't make sense to hold on to something you don't like.

24. JohnDMartin

JohnDMartin Initiate (0) Kentucky Jan 13, 2013

I cook with it or give it away.

25. Unless of course you are aware it is vile. in which case you wouldnt give it to your worst enemy. If its astringent enough, heat will probably not do it any favors either. Save it for a bad beer tasting ;)?

26. Take the beer to your local skid row,leave a church key with it!

27. JohnDMartin

JohnDMartin Initiate (0) Kentucky Jan 13, 2013

Hmm what a predicament i guess i would have to get sad about letting it get in that condition and pour it out:(

28. jmgrub

jmgrub Savant (445) California Nov 20, 2010

With the beers you just listed, I am SURE a local BA would be happy to take them off your hands.

MichPaul likes this.

29. Wow, I know that opinions vary but those are some solid beers. Hopslam is my favorite beer (yeah nostalgia factors into this), and I drank the town dry of Coco Loco this year, I thought it was one of the best and balanced chocolate stouts I have ever had. I've never had Kuhnhenn's Christmas offering, but it definitely sounds interesting. Ruthless Rye is always solid, 2x Stout is a great brew, and Woodmaster sounds very intriguing.

Ok Ok, I know I'm not answering your question but that is just a very solid and eclectic list of beers. You really have almost two cases worth of all that and you don't like any of it?

Ok Ok, I will stop judging. The correct answer is that you should send them to me.

30. This is exactly why i buy singles or mix-a-six

31. Ri0

Ri0 Champion (965) Wisconsin Jul 1, 2012

Give it to my dog. He hasn't met a beer that he didn't like.

32. Well in that case come over and I'll help you drink it.

FishAndBeer and chadb like this.
  33. ThirstyFace

ThirstyFace Initiate (0) New York Jan 11, 2013

I yell at it, then I close the fridge. When I return I say hello, or again yell at it. Depends.

34. Andygirl

They are yours if want them! Seriously, I am close.

Some have nuts, I am allergic. I haven't found a chocolate stout I like, and Hopslam is just too much for me. I like Sucks and will pick that everytime over Hopslam, so it sits.

35. Czar_chasm

Czar_chasm Savant (355) Michigan Jun 20, 2012

Age that cereal killer a couple years...

fujindemon74 likes this.
  36. I wait until I'm a few (actually many) drinks in, then I can't really tell the difference

CopperMtnPlowboy likes this.
  37. SeaAle

SeaAle Savant (390) Washington Jun 24, 2012

I give it to the homeless downtown Seattle. You should see the smiles.

38. Check your messages.

39. Andygirl

BTW I have tried to use this as guest beer. Three weeks of poker and no one will touch it. I even crossed the line and told them they were a bunch of p-words. Corona and Loonie Koonie, anything else is "too dark". Babies.

HattedClassic likes this.