1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

What do you do with beer you don't like?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Andygirl, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Shakory

Shakory Member

i usually keep it as beer for guests or give it to my buddys who dont care what they drink
  2. Giantspace

Giantspace Member

I have a few bottles of Columbus winter and its bad. I am saving them for next year. Maybe they will tone down. Any other beer I will share or give away. Always easy to bring them to a big party.

Enjoy
  3. C2H5

C2H5 Member

use it to fill up empty bottles of BA Darklord, recap/rewax and trade for whalezz...
    MarcatGSB likes this.
  4. IamMe90

IamMe90 Member

Drink it, obviously.
  5. MtnBiker

MtnBiker Member

I wish I had this problem, if I don't like it but it's perfectly ok, I'd keep it around to drink it. These types of beers are buffers that I'll drink first in dire straights before getting to my cellared jewels. I keep said buffers around as much as I can afford too.
  6. dertyd

dertyd Member

There are not many beers that I can't. Tolerate.
    So I almost drink any beer some I like more than others but the only beer I had a hard time drinking was magic hat #9 but I drank it anyway haha I can't see pouring out any beer no matter wut.
  7. yamar68

yamar68 Member

8. BlindSalimander

BlindSalimander Member

In the future just do an unannounced tasting at poker night. Just pour tasters and they will at least drink those. Less imposing, doesn't replace the light lager for too long.
  9. Ernest_Hooper

Ernest_Hooper Member

Fronds were definitely made.
    LeRose likes this.
  10. fox227

fox227 Member

I'm pretty lucky in that if I'm buying it, I will at least enjoy drinking it on some level, since I'm not going to buy beer I don't expect to like. One time a neighbor gave us a case of a BMC offering for helping out with his truck. My room mate looked at me and said, "I don't know what we're going to do with this stuff..." I don't remember, either. We probably gave it away. What's funny is that neither of us were Craft drinkers back then, we just didn't want a fridge filled with that swill.
  11. terrapinfan88

terrapinfan88 Member

Drink it. Theres still booze in there.
  12. Hanzo

Hanzo Member

This is why I buy singles. I rarely have beers sitting around from six packs or cases I don't like. If that did happen I would just take it to a party where I know someone will drink it. I have a problem drainpouring stuff.
  13. hctap00

hctap00 Member

Drink it. There's a saying about sex that can also be applied to beer.
  14. MichPaul

MichPaul Member

I imagine you driving away in that car in your avatar, but filled with craft instead!!! :)
    Ernest_Hooper likes this.
  15. Haywire

Haywire Member

I typically give it away to a friend. There's only been a couple of times where I dumped the whole bottle and threw away the rest but it was nowhere near 2 cases.
  16. bunique686

bunique686 Member

if i dont like it drink it first i stock my frig with beers i enjoy and also get a few that i havent tried so i drink the worse ones first so i still had good ones later or give them away
  17. jegross2

jegross2 Member

I give it away to pschul4
  18. prisoner1572

prisoner1572 Member

i choke it down
  19. JitsuBrew

JitsuBrew Member

use it for marinade
  20. UCLABrewN84

UCLABrewN84 Member

Drain pour it if the bottle is open. Otherwise, I will pass it on to my FIL or BIL.
  21. Blueribbon666

Blueribbon666 Member

Lol, right and we're the snobby oddballs...whatever, those silly sheep might as well be drinking w/Jim Jones. I don't care what ya' drink let's just agree we like beer & move on, the dueling snobbery is pointless...craft guy vs. macro guy...fancy beer vs. piss water, SILLY...
  22. Mothergoose03

Mothergoose03 Member

I agree with the many suggestions for cooking with it. If it is a light-flavored beer I use it to boil shrimp. Dark beers go into a beef and vegetable soup or something like that as long as the beer isn't overly spicy like some winter warmers can be.
  23. VncentLIFE

VncentLIFE Member

drain pour it. Or give it to someone else who might enjoy it.
  24. Andygirl

Andygirl Member

I really don't care what they drink. They are great guys and harassment is expected and generously given by all. We have since added a new poker guy and he drank 4 craft beers Friday night. He said he liked to taste his beer, so he got the run of the cellar.
  25. Jacurdy60

Jacurdy60 Member

Push through it and finish. Make all the sexual joke you like. I have set the stage, you provide the action.
  26. rodlavers

rodlavers Member

I sometimes save it for guests. Or, I wait until I've had a several good beers, at least 3 or 4, and want maybe one more. Recently, as in last week, I had a bottle of Sculpin that I did not realize had come to me (meaning i pulled it off a shelf without checking the date) with an Enjoy By date of 9/27/12 on it, which sort of disappointed me. I had no idea what I was going to do with it until I had like 4 really good beers last Wednesday decided to drink it. Was not bad at all.
  27. oldedog

oldedog Member

Give it to my girlfriend lol
  28. jrbchef

jrbchef Member

Waste not, want not.
    If you buy smart the most you should have to suffer through is 5 more.
  29. ChefHopMeister

ChefHopMeister Member

Well played!
  30. SDStoneEnthusiast

SDStoneEnthusiast Member

Reserve it for a guest. Worst case scenario, give it away.