Dismiss Notice
Hello, is it beer you're looking for?

Learn more about beer. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for as low as 68% off the single issue price.

Subscribe now →

What is going to be your Blizzard beer?

Discussion in 'New England' started by AlTrombley, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am not sure. I have a couple of Long trail Double bags in the fridge. I do like it mixed with Guinness or Murphy's Irish stout. I am going to the packy in a minute I guess I will see what catches my eye.
  2. ChrisL24481

ChrisL24481 Advocate (525) New Hampshire Jul 15, 2012 Verified

Nugget Nectar, Sucks and maybe some Hoponius Union or Ithaca Flower Power...my fridge is stock with plenty of delicious goodness!
    Stockfan42 and Horbar like this.
  3. TheMonkfish

TheMonkfish Initiate (0) Chad Jan 8, 2012

Sucks, unless the delivery trucks don't take a hit. The shops in my part of NH are expecting their final shipment tomorrow. If that doesn't happen I have five gallons of a Sculpin clone ready to go.
    Horbar likes this.
  4. Short's Huma-Lupa-Licious ,Riverwalk ipa & maybe sucks
  5. mclaughlindw4

mclaughlindw4 Savant (250) Maine Jul 2, 2009

smuttynose quad, victory helios, and maybe one of my crappy first homebrews
  6. Ataraxia

Ataraxia Savant (315) Massachusetts Sep 20, 2012 Verified

Whatever is being served at NotB and EBF
    WassailWilly likes this.
  7. Number45forever

Number45forever Savant (400) Vermont Jan 6, 2012 Verified

I have like 250 beers. The pressure of deciding what to drink is too great for me to handle, so I'll probably end up going to work all damn day because they never cancel work because they want us all to die. "They" meaning THE MAN. Some guys I work with live in scary places to drive to even during the summer. They are fuuucked.
    dciBA and franklinn like this.
  8. Dark Truth stout all the way...
    Then Barrel Aged Bigfoot
    Stockfan42 and Dizbro21 like this.
  9. ScottieD

ScottieD Savant (470) Connecticut Jul 30, 2011 Verified

NEBCO Gandhi-Bot and Sixpoint Resin. Nice bite for the long winter nights. Cheers and stay safe.
  10. dciBA

dciBA Savant (390) Maine Dec 23, 2007

SABERG likes this.
  11. I will be going out early on a mission to replicate your fridge
  12. jedwards

jedwards Savant (340) California Feb 3, 2009

Pulled these out of the cellar when I realized I wasn't going to make it up to EBF...

Stockfan42, cbeer88, Jake351 and 4 others like this.
  13. Horbar

Horbar Advocate (665) Rhode Island Feb 24, 2012

Did you steal my beer fridge? I gotta go check.
  14. I stocked up on Founders Breakfast Stout and Nugget Nectar
    Stockfan42 likes this.
  15. followerofmen

followerofmen Aficionado (205) Massachusetts Sep 9, 2012 Verified

Nectar... or maybe Imperial Biscotti Break if I'm feeling wild.
    WassailWilly likes this.
  16. fearfactory

fearfactory Savant (480) Massachusetts Aug 12, 2012 Verified

Alesmith Speedway that I got from my wife at Christmas!
    Stockfan42, jaxon53 and WassailWilly like this.
  17. ChrisL24481

ChrisL24481 Advocate (525) New Hampshire Jul 15, 2012 Verified

I also have some Union Jack, Founders Imperial Stout and a bomber of Sculpin
  18. beerinmaine

beerinmaine Aficionado (225) Maine Jun 20, 2009

How about Imperial Storm Trooper, errr, Stout Trooper?

Or given the panic, breaking out Fin du Monde again.
  19. Maine beer company Lil One, Zoe, and some nugget nectar should make shoveling a bit more fun!
    smutty33 and WassailWilly like this.
  20. Sucks
    Stockfan42 and WassailWilly like this.
  21. Sucks, Backwoods, FIS, FBS, BCBS '12 maybe Juliet and BCBCS '12...
  22. Nugget Nectar and some Oaked Belgian Dark homebrew
    Stockfan42 likes this.
  23. Horbar

Horbar Advocate (665) Rhode Island Feb 24, 2012

Lol, I got FIS and a bomber of Sculpin, but no Union Jack. I do have some Double Jack though.
    Stockfan42 likes this.
  24. Barleywine fest Sat so I will post the BW Blizzard BeerFest lineup later !!!
  25. Nugget Nectar and Sucks. I will probably pull something out of the cellar. Parabola or Thomas Hardy's possibly. SNOWMAGEDDON 2013!
    Stockfan42 likes this.
  26. I surprisingly have no beer.

well I have some beer, but I want some other beer. I don't want to drink lambics for an entire snowstorm. I want something with a kick to it.
  27. well i was planning on stone 2008 IRS, dfh WWS, sn bigfoot and narwhal, cbc imperial sweet stout, sa utopias and cascade bourbonic plague among quite a few others, all barrel aged, but now it seems that's kind of in limbo. so... i dunno. forced to mope around at home i'll probably turn to some bcbs, sucks, and backwoods bastard.
  28. Nectar, Baxter Stowaway IPA, FBS.
    jwheeler87, Stockfan42 and DaKur like this.
  29. DaKur

DaKur Savant (400) Rhode Island Nov 15, 2012

Couple bottles of Zoe, Ten Fidy, Old Rasputin, and Founders Imerial Stout. Plus some randoms. Just called in sick so i'm just waiting for the snow.
  30. youbrewidrink

youbrewidrink Advocate (720) Vermont Apr 9, 2009 Verified

Bring it on, I got me some fresh Kern River Citra & a couple of new ones from Paradox: Candid Kaiser & Bandeau Artiste Trip Project.
  31. For the next two days I have Nugget Nectar, Sebago BA Barleywine, BCBS and possibly Bolt Cutter in line.
    Stockfan42 likes this.
  32. Oh man enjoy that sebago barleywine. That stuff is sooo good. Don't have another beer before it- keep the tongue in pristine working order :D
    cbeer88 likes this.
  33. commis

commis Savant (340) Massachusetts Jul 21, 2009

Frighteningly short on beer. Stuck at work for most of the day too, so I'll need to dive into the cellar it looks like.
    I'll be drinking several BA4Ds, some Triple Bag (fuck yeah!), some Old Hick Irish Walker I suppose, and maybe a bottle of XXI.
    Oh, and lots of bourbon. And unless the high school kid next door can help me out, I'll be a bowl-scrapin SOB as well. Shit.
    DaKur likes this.
  34. CharlatanSin

CharlatanSin Savant (440) Connecticut May 28, 2009 Verified

I've got a Cherry Rye in the fridge for just such an emergency, but I can't drink it this weekend, because the significant other is out of town. The downside of having an S.O. who's into craft beer, I guess. :cool:

Looks like I'm "stuck" with more Sucks and Founders RIS. #Beergeekproblems.
    smutty33 likes this.
  35. Hopefully some Cambridge Brewing today and extreme beer tomorrow.
    sarro and ShogoKawada like this.
  36. jaxon53

jaxon53 Advocate (720) Connecticut Mar 1, 2006 Verified

Alesmith Old Numbskull
    Stockfan42 likes this.
  37. I'm definitely doing a 2011 Mother of All Storms tonight - almost feels wrong not to. For tomorrow, if there is no EBF, I'm pulling out some big guns to make up for the disappointment - Kate and a Fou Foune, maybe something else tasty. Also have some fresh Nugget Nectars waiting for me...
    jaxon53 and smutty33 like this.
  38. Pegli

Pegli Savant (315) Rhode Island Aug 30, 2006

I've used this storm as an excuse to go hog wild in the local packies - Brooklyn Irish Stout, 60mins, Sucks, FBS, Jabby Brau, Smoke and Dagger, Czechvar, and Foolproof's 3 offerings to go along with some leftover Ommegangs, Kellerweiss, and PT Once Upon a Times...plus some homemade Dubbel, Porter, and Bitter. A man's got to have choices !
    Providence likes this.
  39. Left Hand Milk Stout Nitro was flowing good during Super Bowl. Will probably polish off the remainder of the case.
    Stockfan42 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.