1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

What is going to be your Blizzard beer?

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by AlTrombley, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robtobfest

Robtobfest Savant (340) Connecticut Oct 21, 2009

Alesmith My Bloody Valentine
    OAKED Arrogant Bastard
    Leaning Chimney Smoked Porter
    Surly Abrasive
    lonewolfcry and sandman3479 like this.
  2. Starting with three floyds Arctic Panzer Wolf, going to be a great night of breaking out some cellared beers. Will post a pic tommorow after all the shoveling is done.
  3. Nugget Nectar, Rock Art The Vermonster, Founders Imperial.
  4. JohnQVD

JohnQVD Savant (365) New York Jan 23, 2011

Picked up some FBS on the way home today. Also have some 3Beans I haven't broken out yet and a bunch of stuff that's hitting the drink by date that needs to disappear over the weekend.
  5. BA Bigfoot, Sucks, Huma Lupa Licious and coffee BCBS
    lonewolfcry and Gosox8787 like this.
  6. bleakies

bleakies Savant (365) Massachusetts Apr 11, 2011

Oh man, the very thought makes me lightheaded, and alas, here I am with a blizzard between me and the nearest bacon.

I'm going to have a lot of shoveling to get started on this evening so I'm taking it easy with the new Sam Adams Double Agent IPL I just picked up, which comes in at a modest 5% abv. I don't go for many Sam brews but this one's pretty good. (I passed on some two-week-old Hoponius Union for it because I wanted to try it and because I'm not very smart.)

Once I'm done with the heroic shoveling pursuits I might open something bigger. Maybe a cellared Pretty Things Our Finest Regards barleywine or a bottle of last year's Parabola.
  7. Fuzzy Baby Ducks and Heady Topper

Maybe some Stout Trooper if it gets really cold.
  8. jomobono

jomobono Savant (390) Massachusetts Mar 12, 2012

You have to shovel all night?
  9. Going to the cellar to compensate for no EBF. Just cracked my last Stone VE 09
  10. bleakies

bleakies Savant (365) Massachusetts Apr 11, 2011

Nah, I've just been thinking it would be a good idea to do some shoveling tonight while it's still snowing so I'll have less to do tomorrow. But as the wind picks up I'm starting to think I won't be doing that at all. Beer it is.
    jedwards and jomobono like this.
  11. kimpossible22

kimpossible22 Zealot (75) Texas Dec 19, 2009

12. ribbon

ribbon Zealot (80) Texas Feb 22, 2011

yay us. ummm ... now we just need a barrel so we can have a night of at least one.
    MugOfGoodness and kimpossible22 like this.
  13. Gmr75

Gmr75 Savant (375) Connecticut Apr 30, 2002

Trying to have an all cans storm... so far (sharing with my wife):

Surly Abrasive
    DC Brau Pale
    DC Brau Corruption
    21st Amendment Hop Crisis
    Sixpoint 3 Beans

I'm running out of Cans. Just a couple different ones left. Might have to hit the cellar soon. It's full of Imperial Stouts right now, so It could get messy...
    lonewolfcry likes this.
  14. Ataraxia

Ataraxia Savant (250) Massachusetts Sep 20, 2012

So far, it's been:
    Heady Topper
    Arcadia Imperial Stout
    Avery The Czar

Next up:
    Goose Island Bourbon County Coffee Stout
  15. Brez07

Brez07 Initiate (0) Maine Sep 29, 2009

Decided the IST vert is for another day. Had a 3 Beans, now on to a Mikkeller Nelson Sauvin Brut. Lined up after that is Madame Rose, then I just might get crazy and start gueuzing
    Gmr75 and kimpossible22 like this.
  16. HattedClassic

HattedClassic Savant (455) Virginia Nov 23, 2009

Let's see. I believe I started with some Heady Topper that I trade for a Sixpoint Resin. Then I had Victory Yakima Glory. I'm working on a Ten Fiddy and will be followed by a Sixpoint 3Bean and then probably an Art of Darkness. All I know at this point is that my Goose Island BCBS, Founder Breakfast Stout, and Founders Imperial Stout are now on the endangered species list and I am going to have the mother of all hangovers on Sunday morning while begging my professor for an extension on my Cyborg paper.
  17. BobCobb

BobCobb Savant (345) Illinois Jul 10, 2012

18. Mike

Mike Senior Web Developer (440) New Hampshire Nov 17, 2010 Staff Member

BA Speedway, Bourbon County, Cuvee Rene Kriek
    cbeer88 likes this.
  19. Anyone lose power yet?
  20. Got NN and Sucks in the fridge along with a bunch of miscellaneous beers floating around in there.
  21. Nice line-up
  22. Yes, out for about 1.5 hours, but thankfully back at the moment.
  23. heady
    surly abrasive
    bourbon county vanilla

soften the blow of nob n ebf being canceled.
  24. Wow - we did a little damage - had two Beer-Loving Neighbors come over for our Blizzardfest. I had to go back to the recycling for an accurate count we were pouring 4 oz pours and a couple pints towards the end of the night.

3 x Heady Toppers
    1 x Stone Ruination 10th Anniversary
    2 x Bell's Hopslam
    2 x Shorts Humalupalicious (thanks for #EBF for getting over to #Redstone)
    1 x Wormtown Be Hoppy
    1 x Lefthand Warrior IPA
    1 x Rhinelander Imperial Double Jack IPA
    2 x Clipper City Gold Ale
    1 x New Hollland Dragon's Milk
    1 x Brouwerij De Musketiers Troubadour Imperial Stout
    2 x Weyerbacher Double Simcoe

And 24-26" of snow - almost motivated to fire up the tractor and dig out the driveway - not quite yet - need another cup of coffee.
  25. I lost power for 12 hours. I had just opened a BCBS when the power went out. After about 10 minutes, I put a plate on my glass (to cover it) and went to bed. This morning I had a peanut butter sandwich after plowing the driveway and finished the beer I had left on the counter since I couldnt make coffee!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.