1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

What is your favorite BMC beer to drink?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by raynmoon, May 23, 2012.

1. I've had GI a few times, bought prior to the takeover. In my opinion, OK beers but not worth my limited beer budget. I'd rather put that same $$$ towards something better.
    Ispeakforthetrees likes this.
  2. Stroh's is readily available thru Fabiano Bros. I keep it in stock at the store and at home. Also PBR and Black Label.
    moester13 likes this.
  3. tdowney

tdowney Aspirant (40) Aug 12, 2012

Yuengling traditional lager is my everyday beer
    CurtFromHershey likes this.
  4. haruspexvic

haruspexvic Savant (250) Illinois Aug 23, 2012

Hoegaarden. But if we're talking most popular, I'll take Budweiser
  5. t8000shx

t8000shx Savant (305) New York Mar 2, 2004

Bud Light hands down. And I'm not adding a disclaimer about "oh just because it's cheap and low ABV and gets the job done" - no, I drink Bud Light somewhat regularly because I enjoy drinking Bud Light.
  6. huskermike12

huskermike12 Savant (435) Iowa Nov 14, 2011

That and it may have been the worst attempt at "craft beer" ever made. Budweiser American Ale was/ is horrible IMO.
  7. LOCAL

LOCAL Savant (315) New Hampshire Oct 29, 2006

Coors Original
    PBR
    Schafer
    Schlitz
  8. Blue Moon is my guilty pleasure as well. That spiced amber was great! it tasted like a cinnamon roll.
    BGrider85 likes this.
  9. Beefytits4

Beefytits4 Savant (475) Illinois Nov 2, 2011

Growing up, this shit was in my hand at every concert, event, party, fishing trip etc... etc.. etc..This is what I drink for special occasions!

[​IMG]
    kingofhop likes this.
  10. acevenom

acevenom Advocate (545) Louisiana Oct 7, 2011

1) Old Milwaukee
    2) Schlitz Gusto
    3) Pabst Blue Ribbon
    4) Miller High Life
    5) Coors
    seakayak likes this.
  11. Dan_Bowman

Dan_Bowman Aficionado (245) Ohio Apr 11, 2010

Any idea what / how many breweries the big three collectively own? I don't even know anymore. From the ones I can remember, it would probably be new castle or any of the Goose Island beers.
  12. Newcastle is owned by Heineken.

If by "the big three" you mean the Big Two of US brewing (Anheuser-Busch & MillerCoors) besides their own breweries, A-B owns Goose Island and MC owns Leinenkugel and what's now called the Blue Moon brewery at Coors Field, Denver.

They also have partial ownership of a few other companies (AB - CBA, Coastal and MC - Terrapin, etc).

If you mean the parent companies of the US Big Two - AB-InBev, SABMiller and Molson Coors - well, that's a much longer list and can be found on the websites of those companies.

_______
    Probably forgetting a few - Brookston Beer Bulletin used to have a handy page with all the brands owned and/or imported into the US by the parent co's but Google is warning me away from that site the past few days.
  13. I drink Coors Extra Gold each summer when I camp. It's a bad beer in a pint glass, but a god beer out of the can.
  14. Skoallrebel

Skoallrebel Initiate (0) Sep 6, 2012

Yuengling on draft or out of a can. At least its the same price as a BMC.
  15. Steel Reserve. Its apparently a MillerCoors product but is my ultimate guilty pleasure. Comes in 22s and 40s, need I say more?
    jlenik likes this.
  16. MooseBoose

MooseBoose Savant (460) Wisconsin Jun 6, 2007

Lienies Big Eddy IIPA.

If you me the AAL stuff, Coors banquet if I can get it, or PBR, Old Style, High Life.

If at a wedding or event where the people have "choices" of Bud Light and Miller light, or Bud Light and Coors Light, etc. (been to more than one unfortunetly), I would pick Coors Light> Bud LIght> Miller Lite.
  17. akbeerfiend

akbeerfiend Aficionado (100) Alaska May 14, 2009

damn I didnt know this, bye bye Urquell....
    Providence likes this.
  18. There's this beer called Red Fox they do that's an amber ale I can only get on tap at Bailey's Sports Bar that's pretty good.
  19. That's what I'm talking about. Fight the good fight!
  20. Genny Cream ale or PBR a couple of times a year. I'd just rather not drink beer if I gotta drink bad beer. The world still has plenty of tequila!
  21. Derranged

Derranged Advocate (500) New York Mar 7, 2010

Call me crazy but I actually kinda liked Natty Daddy and Molson XXX. I also find Bud Light Platinum drinkable. Nothing like getting drunk off scotch and malt liquor whilst watching the Giants smash the Packers in the playoffs ;)
    JxExM likes this.
  22. Raised on Miller High Life now Labatts Blue and some Genny in the summer otherwise no swill...
  23. Leffe Blond or Bruin, Urquell, or Franziskaner Dunkel
  24. By definition, I'll say just aboot anything Goose Island, followed by Franziskaner, and traditional Blue Moon (with NO orange, damnit!)

If the question is focused on adjunct and light lagers, I'd have to go with Milla Lite and Michelob Ultra Amber (do they still make that?)
  25. Goose Island "Matilda" which I really like, Corona on a hot day, Killians Irish Red on tap when nothing more interesting is available. Guiness if that counts.
  26. Coors Banquet is quality beer better than many upstart craft, expired shit brews that are on the market.
  27. I'll agree with the Blue Moon folks. I saw someone say Bud American Ale. I read a couple good reviews so bought a six of it the first time I saw it. I used the last five for boiling bratwurst. God that was shit.
    Schwantz likes this.
  28. BMC owns so much shit I dont even know they own that I cant really comment on my favorite or their products. But in terms of the real Budweiser, Miller, Coors standard namesake beers,Id probably say Coors Light is my favorite of all of them. I have been known to shot gun a Coors light or two in park lots while tailgating. Not every beer you drink can be a barrel aged imperial stout.
  29. Tut

Tut Savant (390) New York Sep 23, 2004

I don't believe this old thread is still getting posts and people are still misusing the term BMC. I posted this back in May:

The OP and some others here are using the term "BMC" in a different, and inaccurate way. Traditionally on this site it meant Bud, Miller, Coors, type beers - thin, fizzy, mass-produced, adjunct lagers. PBR, Labatt, Rolling Rock, etc.
    are all BMC beers too. It was never used to describe any beer owned by one of the big conglomerates. Hoegaarden and Blue Moon are not BMC beers, regardless of who owns them. Let's get back to using the term correctly.

Continuing to use this term when referring to beers like Leffe and Franziskaner, etc. will render it meaningless and make it completely useless as an acronym on this site.
    LarryAppleton likes this.
  30. Winston_Smith

Winston_Smith Initiate (0) Kentucky Oct 25, 2012

Amber Bock kicked me into high gear too.
    Extravadanza likes this.
  31. Scalzo

Scalzo Savant (375) Illinois Feb 27, 2012

Anything Goose Island
  32. Really Franzikaner is part of BMC well then far and away the best
  33. In that case, Mickey's. In 40s please. While listening to Subhumans.
    Ericness likes this.
  34. Blue Moon isn't all that horrible. It is not good by any means either. Either that or PBR would be my BMCs of choice, and I'm fairly sure PBR is not a BMC product.
  35. Tut

Tut Savant (390) New York Sep 23, 2004

PBR is not a BMC product, but it certainly is a BMC beer. Blue Moon is a BMC product, but it's not a BMC type beer. Get it?
  36. Dennoman

Dennoman Savant (485) Belgium Aug 20, 2011

*scrolls down all the "BCBS lol" replies*

If we're talking about BMC as "standard stuff you can get in every supermarket", I'd say Duvel (InBev too!) or a Guinness Draught. Can never go wrong with either of these.

In the "shit supermarket lager" category, I'd have to say Stella Artois when ice cold. It won my blind supermarket pilsner tasting. Sadly.

Wow, 75 pounds ago. Proud to have shed some of that weight :D
    1Nrwyscotch likes this.
  37. I hesitate to put Schlitz and PBR in the same category as Bud, Miller, and, especially, Coors. They aren't good beers by any means, but their taste far exceeds any of those three. I see your point though.
    Winston_Smith likes this.
  38. Smurf2055

Smurf2055 Savant (485) Washington Nov 12, 2011

Shock Top Pumpkin Wheat!
  39. CA_Infidel2o9

CA_Infidel2o9 Savant (310) Dec 1, 2012

King cobra 40's
  40. So much to choose from.

I'll go with the one with most flavor.

[​IMG]