What is your favorite BMC beer to drink?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by raynmoon, May 23, 2012.

1. That's not what they think:

2. Dennoman

Dennoman Advocate (505) Belgium Aug 20, 2011

No idea how I always thought that, just double-checked and you're right :D Good stuff either way, cheap and easy to get!

3. Porkhustle

Porkhustle Initiate (0) Dec 6, 2012

ice cold budweiser from the can and the can only....ice cold.

4. racer2k

racer2k Savant (360) Massachusetts May 21, 2004

Water please...

5. I'll get down with The Champagne of Beers on occasion. I used to love Colt when I was in my early 20's, but when I tried to get all nostalgic with one recently, it tasted like it was aged in barrels of duck butter.

6. njhopspop

njhopspop Savant (345) New Jersey Oct 17, 2010

Bass Ale

seakayak and Reinbeck11 like this.
  7. doppletheGOAT

doppletheGOAT Savant (330) Texas Nov 27, 2012

I quit drinking BMC shortly after I started drinking craft beer. I won't touch BMC but if I had to choose I would go with Bud.

8. Gansett!

njhopspop and Dools9 like this.
  9. rocdoc1

rocdoc1 Savant (405) New Mexico Jan 13, 2006

I had a Michelob Porter a few years ago that was pretty good. The downside was that it came in a sampler 12 pack with 9 beers that really sucked.

10. Eastside151

Eastside151 Savant (450) Ohio Jun 29, 2012

I normally (meaning never) drink Budweiser, tonight I did because my buddy gave me one for the cap (which says OHIO) to add to my collection. I can't believe how f-ing tasteless it is... That people spend money for that crap and call it good beer. Anyway after making this post too long, my choice is Molson Canadian.

11. BrownNut

BrownNut Savant (305) Florida Jul 11, 2011

Die. Die! Why won't this thread die?! Every BMC is somebody's favorite BMC.

RobertColianni likes this.
  12. Spaten Oktoberfest. Blue Moon Pumpkin is pretty decent, too. On tap, it's hard to beat with pumpkins.

13. Tut

Tut Savant (450) New York Sep 23, 2004

They all taste the same to me, but the term has always meant mass produced, adjunct, light lagers - which they all are.

14. Goose Island BCBS

15. Biffster

Biffster Savant (365) Michigan Mar 29, 2004

I dont think its fair to include the Basses and Guinesses of the world. Just because they are big doesnt put them in the same league as the Beer that America Invented (tm).

Of the low hopped, light, spritzy, adjunct laden beers, I gotta go with PBR, or Michelob. Stella and Heineken (in cans or no draft) get an Honorable Mention.

16. CA_Infidel2o9

CA_Infidel2o9 Savant (310) Dec 1, 2012

I went to my aunts house for thanksgiving and all she had was Coors. Drank a couple in a frosty mug and they were actually pretty tasty.

17. DonDirkA

DonDirkA Savant (410) Arizona Dec 14, 2011

Some of the Widmer stuff is pretty good (SXNW was amazingly delicious) but other than that, nothing really. I haven't had a chance to try BCBS though.

18. Worthington White Shield from Coors.
    An IPA said to date back to 1829 or something , Coors has invested in the Museum Brewery and it makes some good stuff.Including Bass No1 Barley Wine but I haven't actually found any of that yet.
    http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/3349/12627

19. Come on guys we can't say big company's are all bad. That's like saying apple computers etc are shitty because some of ther policies are questionable or out right wrong. I like rolling rock at 7 $ a sick pack and blue moon and coors yellow bellies

20. JediMatt

JediMatt Aficionado (210) Iowa Jun 18, 2010

Sure we can. I find Inbev's business practices to be questionable, their marketing tactics to be reprehensible in many cases, and most of their products to be quite inferior. Therefore, I consider them to be a "bad" company and do not buy any of their products. I also don't buy MillerCoors products.

If we're talking an AAL, I would go with Grainbelt. Pretty tasty after a day working in the yard. :)

21. Well if apple made bad prosucts we wouldn't buy them either but I phones are huge just like bmc contacts brewers that make a quality beer

22. EdTheEdge

EdTheEdge Advocate (530) California Mar 26, 2011

Bud's Pliny, Miller's Dale's Pale and Coor's Racer X.

23. For the AAL it would be High Life or Coors.

For a brand owned by one of BMC it would be Leffe Brune.

24. acelin

acelin Savant (300) Kansas Feb 14, 2009

MMM American beer.

tolar111 likes this.
  25. 311kevin

311kevin Disciple (70) New Jersey Dec 13, 2011

Hoegaarden and Leffe aren't bad. Coors heavy works well for drinking games.

26. Genesee Cream Ale. Still tastes like it did in prehistoric [pre-BeerAdvocate] times.

27. ChanChan

ChanChan Advocate (575) California Dec 12, 2009

Blue moon.

28. mweso2000

mweso2000 Savant (335) Georgia Apr 10, 2010

Every once in a while I cando a bud light or miller light.

29. Reinbeck11

Reinbeck11 Savant (350) Iowa Aug 15, 2012

Bass

seakayak likes this.
  30. seakayak

seakayak Savant (355) Massachusetts May 20, 2007

We did a blind taste test last summer between Bud, Miller High Life, PBR, and Old Milwaukee.
    Old Milwaukee won hands down and remained the favorite after all were finished.

31. lucasj82

lucasj82 Advocate (710) Indiana Aug 13, 2009

I like Budlight Lime in the summer and it usually available when out golfing.

32. Ice cold Miller lite from the can on a hot summer day after mowing the lawn. Clean & chuggable.

33. IrishHockey

IrishHockey Savant (250) Indiana Oct 12, 2012

Coors light when I'm broke or at a BBQ and have to drive home, and my guilty pleasure Blue Moon Harvest Pumpkin (I stock piled some for over the winter)

34. Winston_Smith

Winston_Smith Initiate (0) Kentucky Oct 25, 2012

Boulevard beers are $7.25 a sixer here. Much better than Rolling Rock.

35. haddon

haddon Savant (285) Kentucky Jul 13, 2009

several times a Summer, I'll grab a Budweiser tall boy to drink right after I mow the lawn. A most enjoyable experience.

36. PBR is a very solid beer in my book and would enjoy one at anytime. Also, Leinnes Berryweiss is another that I enjoy.

beercanman likes this.
  37. Bud Light Lime
    Pairs perfectly with a hot summer day at the pool or camping.

38. Tut

Tut Savant (450) New York Sep 23, 2004

Like in the 60's? I drank plenty of it then and it was considered crap, even by us.

39. 2beerdogs

2beerdogs Champion (800) California Jan 31, 2005

Out of the "Lites" I can only handle Miller Lite.

40. beercanman

beercanman Savant (485) Ohio Dec 17, 2012