What is your favorite brewery that distributes widely, but not to you?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by are_doubleyou, Dec 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cherche

cherche Pooh-Bah (2,452) Mar 27, 2013 Washington
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Bells and Odell...I think I would consider those widely distributed.

BBThunderbolt likes this.
  2. cherche

cherche Pooh-Bah (2,452) Mar 27, 2013 Washington
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Not Washington...and no one from California should be allowed to reply to this thread anyways... :slight_smile:

3. raulstotle12

raulstotle12 Initiate (0) Feb 19, 2014 California

4. BBThunderbolt

BBThunderbolt Grand High Pooh-Bah (7,282) Sep 24, 2007 Kiribati
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I had a fair bit of them back before I moved out here 14 years ago. But, most of the regular line-ups, I haven't reviewed, so I'd be in sort a gray area, NBS-wise.:wink: Plus,since I chose the pairings, I know who's sending to me. Nice try though!

Shroud0fdoom likes this.
  5. Reinbeck11

Reinbeck11 Initiate (0) Aug 15, 2012 Iowa

I heard that Oskar Blues is headed the Iowa way soon and for this I am glad.

Fortunately, I live close enough to self distribute NG's golden liquid several times a year.

6. thatoneguymike

thatoneguymike Pooh-Bah (1,947) Sep 18, 2012 Georgia
    Pooh-Bah

After seeing other people's inclusions here, I'm thinking GA distro may not be so bad after all...

I would love to have Deschutes, Odell, and Firestone Walker join our ranks though.

Aleforme likes this.
  7. Alecmclaughlin

Alecmclaughlin Initiate (0) Aug 28, 2014 Maine

Definitely FW, The Bruery, Cigar City and RR i want most to get up to Maine.

8. gatornation

gatornation Grand High Pooh-Bah (9,502) Apr 18, 2007 Arizona
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Firestone Walker or Sweetwater

9. tylerstravis

tylerstravis Initiate (0) Feb 14, 2014 Colorado

True, it doesn't hit the west coast either... What is this about California?

10. tylerstravis

tylerstravis Initiate (0) Feb 14, 2014 Colorado

VERY happy to see Odell mentioned all over the place here. They make amazing beer that never gets enough love around here :slight_smile:

11. neckbeered

neckbeered Initiate (0) Jun 9, 2013 Montana

There are lots of breweries that distribute to most states around Montana but never manage to cross our state line, firestone walker, dogfish head, southern tier, founders, bell's, the bruery just to name a few. Firestone walker is probably the one that bothers me the most though, consistently tasty beer that I would buy on a weekly basis if I could.

12. are_doubleyou

are_doubleyou Initiate (0) Aug 3, 2014 Illinois

That's funny. I went to school in Carbondale and moved back to Champaign 3 years ago. Small world...

I recall getting Great Divide down there too, but when I was at the Great Divide taproom I was told that increased demand for their product forced them to scale back distribution and IL south of I-80 was one of those areas that got cut. Fortunately they had just purchased a full city block in Denver last April and I was told they plan to expand distribution after the new facility is up and running.

13. spaceman24

spaceman24 Initiate (0) Oct 7, 2008 Texas

Well, that makes sense. Pinch Liquors and Westroads used to carry it. I graduated from SIU in 2010 and moved down here the next summer. It is a small world.

I was at Great Divide in March and surprised at how small it was. Cool place though, and nice to hear they're able to expand soon.

14. VDODSON

VDODSON Initiate (0) Feb 5, 2013 North Dakota

Stone and Lagunitas.

15. spaceman24

spaceman24 Initiate (0) Oct 7, 2008 Texas

They were my favorite out of New Belgium, Great Divide, Breckenridge, and some other FoCo brewery I'm forgetting. Great beer there.

tylerstravis likes this.
  16. heerboth

heerboth Pooh-Bah (1,697) May 17, 2012 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Society

Sixpoint distributes to PA, but for whatever reason, doesn't make it over to Erie. It's pretty much available in every surrounding area, but not here. Doesn't seem logical. However, I sometimes pick up their stuff when traveling to Ohio or NY.

I also miss Schlafly and Boulevard from my home state of Missouri. These were some of the first good beers I tried when I was in college in the late 90's. They've been working their way east over the last few years so I hope they make it to PA soon as well.

CleanFiend and SCW like this.
  17. charlzm

charlzm Initiate (0) Sep 3, 2007 California

18. Oktoberfiesta

Oktoberfiesta Initiate (0) Nov 16, 2013 New Mexico

Bells, Founders, FW, DFH at one time but they may not stand out anymore..

NM is a sad state of affairs. Im surprised we get Deschutes and Odell now that i look at what others are asking for. That may be the only bright spot for NM (other than a couple of local options)

19. BigMike

BigMike Pooh-Bah (2,230) May 8, 2008 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Society

Three Floyds

blassor likes this.
  20. yemenmocha

yemenmocha Grand Pooh-Bah (4,092) Jun 18, 2002 Arizona
    Pooh-Bah Society

Brooklyn
    Allagash

Brutaltruth likes this.
Thread Status: