1. Extreme Beer Fest tickets go on sale Sat, Sep 27 @ Noon EDT.
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

What is your reaction to this tap list?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Providence, Feb 3, 2013.

?

What is your reaction to this tap list?

1. It's perfect! IPAs and/or Belgians are my life!

51 vote(s)
    14.1%
  2. Needs more stouts and porters

152 vote(s)
    42.1%
  3. Needs more lagers

26 vote(s)
    7.2%
  4. Needs more "sessionable" ales (ESB, brown, Kolsch, etc.)

42 vote(s)
    11.6%
  5. Who cares what's on it, it's 19 craft taps! I can barely get one good tap where I live!

48 vote(s)
    13.3%
  6. Other (explain in response)

42 vote(s)
    11.6%
  1. However, that being said, I have a Vienna Lager, a Pilsner, a Hefe, and at least one other "sessionable" type beer on at all times. An altbier, berliner, esb, schwarzbier, kolsch, etc etc.

2. Yeah..regular FBS...KBS goes fast everywhere.

3. ChanChan

ChanChan Advocate (565) California Dec 12, 2009

More IPA's and more stouts!! But maybe it was just a slow week for them!

4. RichD

RichD Advocate (640) Rhode Island Mar 18, 2012

I don't recall me stating that the list wasn't awesome. I was just clearing the air because It was my intention to ask which bar this is because I was curious as to which bar it was. I wasn't familiar with a bar that had a tap list like that. So no, I was not misguided but rather curious about where the bar is.

5. Have you been to SC, I know for a fact that there are bars in Greenville, Clemson, Columbia and Charleston that stand head and shoulders above Track 84. I have been to these bars in the past 6 months and know you can get a better selection than this tap list.

As for this list, it is IPA heavy but that is what it selling in RI right now for those of you who ran through your thought process and came to the conclusion that there are only 2-3 beers on he list you would order, doesn't that make it a successful list? I am fairly picky about what I drink, if I find 3 beers out of 20 that I like the. I would definitely be back.

6. mellowmark

mellowmark Savant (465) Minnesota Mar 31, 2010

Even better than the beer believe it or not.

7. dickieb

dickieb Initiate (0) Rhode Island Mar 26, 2006

I live in RI and I am 90% sure I know what bar this is. That being said while the list you posted was very IPA heavy I can assure you thats not always the case, and that if you were to go back a week or two later it would be a very different lineup.

8. IPA is the new lager

9. Catchy_Name

Catchy_Name Savant (385) California Dec 21, 2011

I would definitely say more Stouts & Porters. I could find something on that list I could drink, but unless its craft beer hipster night there, I would say they needed more diversity.

10. Although a bar's tap list can change faster than what a brewery is producing, is this no different from a brewery that pretty much concentrates on one or two styles to the exclusion of others?

11. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Advocate (595) Colorado Jan 20, 2012

Let's face it, IPA's are the hyped style... followed by belgians and stouts. Looks like a kneejerk reaction to the hype train to me.