1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

What is your wife's or significant others favorite beer?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by geneseohawk, Jan 5, 2013.

1. ant880

ant880 Advocate (635) New York Nov 7, 2010

Wifey loves her Westmalle Tripel and Don de Dieu

2. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 8, 2011

Just had one, seems to be holding up fine... They're actually for the Fitz, so I'm gonna sell em this summer.

lurchingbeast likes this.
  3. When I bring home Alpine Nelson or NB La Terrior it's a pantie droppin' moment.

Zach136 and Gosox8787 like this.
  4. My wife doesn't drink much beer (despite being born and raised in Chico, hime of SNBC) but she loved Abyss when I opened my first bottle. She also Narwhal and Old Rasputin, so I guess she's a stout chick.

EDAPOE51 and Pecan like this.
  5. A46er

A46er Aficionado (125) New York Mar 3, 2008

Southern Tier Raspberry Wheat. They stopped brewing it and we are down to our last six

6. Milk Stouts, Lambics (especially with fruit), Gruits, and anything Pumpkin, though honestly my girl will try anything...

7. sandbergandy

sandbergandy Zealot (85) Minnesota Nov 21, 2012

My wife's all time favorite was This One Goes to Eleven

For more available stuff, Abrasive

8. dannon71

dannon71 Aficionado (225) Florida Jun 19, 2005

Chimay Grande Reserve. Being my all time favorite, I spent years trying to get her to even take a sip without making a face. She absolutely hated it. Be careful what you wish for. I haven't had a 750ml to myself since the light switch went on a few years ago. ;(

NYSPHophead likes this.
  9. My wife says Ithaca flower power

10. IPAs for days. 2 Hearted tops the list. We moved to Atlanta before distribution and it was a big deal when Bells started popping up in stores

11. My wife mostly drinks wines and mixed drinks. She'll drink a leinies Berry Weiss occasionally, but "angry orchard" cider is typically the closest to beer she'll get. Oddly enough, she didn't mind a victory v12 which I did not care for.

12. My GF likes pliny the elder.
    Got her a few bottles for her bday.
    A-

13. codysjb

codysjb Savant (425) Florida Jun 16, 2010

So far she loves Pliny the elder the best

14. ThatCracker

ThatCracker Savant (360) Virginia Nov 20, 2012

Boxed wine. She teaches so half the time she doesn't bother with a glass....

BrownAleMale likes this.
  15. She likes lots of stuff, but not really anything too strong. She doesn't care for IPA's really, but will drink em. Honestly she tries a lot with me but she likes her beer with more malt than hop.

16. My wife doesn't drink at all. We both had our fair share of crappy vodka or a few years and she decided it was better to cut it out completely. She does love her "no-mosa's" though! Sparkling grape mixed with some oj.... Saves us money and keeps my beer safe haha.

17. Vonstein15

Vonstein15 Savant (310) Ohio Jan 15, 2010

Mich Ultra and it must be ice, ice cold

18. Luckily, she hates beer. I don't have to worry about bottle disappearing from my cellar.

19. fvernon

fvernon Savant (370) Wisconsin Mar 1, 2010

she's partial to gumballhead

Zach136 likes this.
  20. SABERG

SABERG Advocate (575) Massachusetts Sep 16, 2007

Wide palate,
    from Berkshire coffeehouse porter to CBC sours and curious to sample most in between.
    Love that girl!

21. oldedog

oldedog Savant (310) Connecticut Oct 23, 2012

my girl likes everything expensive and or something i cant in my state and or seasonals i.e. (bcbs tartofdarkness backwoods bastard) nothing easy lol cheers

Marti403 and Zach136 like this.
  22. mattafett

mattafett Savant (465) Iowa Mar 9, 2009

My wife also loves BCBS. In particular Rare. Fortunately I still have one.

23. BierStein711

BierStein711 Savant (250) Illinois Oct 12, 2011

Lambics and Weissbiers!

24. FosterJM

FosterJM Champion (835) California Nov 16, 2009

Does a vodka/redbull count? She hates beer!

Cheers!

25. She loves brown ales, and Peak Organic specifically. No sweat buying $9 6-packs to get into her good graces.

26. Mackeson XXX Stout. Very bummed that it's not distributed to the US any more.

27. SilentUproar

SilentUproar Zealot (75) Florida Oct 27, 2012

Cigar city Jai Lai and Ten fidy

28. pabst or 4 loko o_O
    My cousin was helping me today at work, and mentioned how he and his wife were headed to RR next week for some Pliny because "it's her favorite".. I'm yet to meet in person a lady like that.

29. ncaudle

ncaudle Advocate (610) Virginia May 28, 2010

Upland Gilgamesh
    Founders Breakfast Stout
    Southampton Double White

30. njhopspop

njhopspop Savant (335) New Jersey Oct 17, 2010

My wife is a stout fan which suits me just fine. Her favorites are Southern Tier Choklat and Samuel Smith's Organic Chocolate.

WebGuyMike and BrownAleMale like this.
  31. She likes Stouts, Porters and Scotch ales just like me. In fact we even like the same macros with PBR and Berryweiss. Her favorite is Sam Smith Oatmeal stout.

32. RandyKemka

RandyKemka Savant (290) New York Dec 13, 2011

My wife loves Kona's Wailua Wheat. That and bitching about all the beer I like...

searsclone likes this.
  33. Stouts, especially barrel aged ones. Event Horizon is her absolute favorite beer. She also enjoys most non-sour Belgians.

34. DangerDawg

DangerDawg Savant (335) Ohio Dec 8, 2008

Zombie Dust and White Rajah

35. 2beerdogs

2beerdogs Champion (800) California Jan 31, 2005

TAPS Irish Red earns me megapoints with the wife. Taps is a restaurant/brewery in Brea, Calif. Their Remy BA Imp Stout is Xcellent too. As a standby, I need to have Alaskan Amber handy for her.;)

36. tamalera

tamalera Initiate (20) Jan 6, 2013

I'm a wife! I love stouts and sours. Currently loving Southern Tier's Choklat. Hubs loves SNPA.

37. 2beerdogs

2beerdogs Champion (800) California Jan 31, 2005

But she loves the ocassional Balack Tuesday, Chocolate Rain, and even Pt5 has made her go oohh.

38. jbck109

jbck109 Savant (340) Michigan May 30, 2010

Gotta drink it sometime, why not with the wife.

39. vickersspitfire

vickersspitfire Savant (410) Texas Dec 11, 2006

My gal lavoes Delirium Tremens

40. GallowsThief

GallowsThief Savant (395) Florida Aug 3, 2010

Luckily for me her favorite is Jai Alai. Life is good.