1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

What is your wife's or significant others favorite beer?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by geneseohawk, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Giovannilucano

Giovannilucano Savant (445) Wyoming Feb 24, 2011

Would you guys be surprise that one of her favorites is Baladin's Isaac? Nope hehe and she also likes Kastel Rouge!

2. My girlfriend likes most beers that she's tried except for IPAs and most pilsners. Her favorites are hefeweizens, witbiers, and stouts.

Her favorite beer: Bell's Winter White Ale. She seems to think it has more banana esters than any other beer that she's had.

3. GoTribe99

GoTribe99 Aspirant (30) Ohio Feb 23, 2012

the old lady's favorite is Bell's Oarsman and she loves any lambics and geuzes :p

4. GJ40

GJ40 Advocate (585) North Carolina Dec 25, 2007

West coast IPAs/DIPAs, sours and Belgians. The only thing I don't have to share is stouts and porters.

5. Troegs Dreamweaver is probably her all time favorite, but she is starting to get into limited amounts of sours. The other day she said "can we open a Gueuze tonight?" That is a very scary thought

6. chocosushi

chocosushi Savant (450) Oklahoma May 1, 2011

My wifey likes Sours, Espresso Yeti, & Orval. Used to be a huge hop head, not so much lately..
    but also gets w/ Sauvignon Blanc & Cocktails, so the beer stash isn't too depleted generally ;)

7. My Girl is a sucker for 90 min.....she went to college in delaware so thats her soft spot.

8. Gtg642

Gtg642 Savant (275) Michigan Oct 21, 2009

Jolly Pumpkin Oro de Calabaza.

9. djaeon

djaeon Advocate (725) California Oct 2, 2006

I'd say either Brouwerij Verhaeghe - Duchesse De Bourgogne or Lost Abbey - Red Poppy.

10. MooseBoose

MooseBoose Savant (470) Wisconsin Jun 6, 2007

New glarus totally naked.

11. Cenosillicaphobe

Cenosillicaphobe Savant (360) Maine Jul 24, 2011

My girl's faves are Zombie Dust and Dragon's Milk.

She thought Blue Moon was awesome before I met her...then I offered her the red pill.

searsclone likes this.
  12. My wife usually likes stouts and porters, though she will sometimes go for a wheat beer (Oberon, Gumballhead). But when asked she says her favorite beer is Pliney

13. pwoody11

pwoody11 Savant (480) Delaware Nov 23, 2009

Yeah, I'm in DE, so occasionally I'll pick some up but its usually $15 and up!

14. Sadly, Tacate.

15. tgchief

tgchief Savant (305) Iowa Nov 30, 2010

My wife has a slobbering love affair with citra hops, and owns half our brewery, so her favorite, pseudoSue, usually graces her lips and makes for some hoppy kisses ;).

geneseohawk, match1112 and Pecan like this.
  16. My fiancé will try most beers that I open but she is particularly fond of saisons and porters.

17. Jonada

Jonada Savant (485) New Jersey May 23, 2012

Coors Light...as long as the rockies are blue.

18. As the "hubs" in question, I would like to note that (a) not only am I currently drinking a Celebration, but (b) I've been in charge of a number of stout acquisitions over the past week including a Black Ops and BCBS Cherry Rye to name a few, not to mention a couple of sours along the way...

19. Bassetdawg

Bassetdawg Aficionado (170) Maine May 5, 2007

My wife loves hops. Her favorite beer is probably Portsmouth Brewery's Bottle Rocket IPA, closely followed by Smuttynose Finest Kind IPA. Though, Nugget Nectar is a family favorite too.

20. my wife always wants a sip of whatever is in my glass. She doesnt want anything for herself, she just wants my drink

WSGosset likes this.
  21. My better half's favorite beers are Hefes.

22. ediaz

ediaz Savant (315) Florida Nov 23, 2011

My girlfriend goes nuts for some St. Louis Framboise... and that about it.

23. She is a wino but Celebration ale is the most frequent grab. Can't fault that.

24. BMMillsy

BMMillsy Advocate (645) Florida Feb 16, 2012

My wife just told me CCB Cafe Con Leche was "way too bitter like beer". I've been trying to convert her for a while, but this pretty much gave me no hope :-(

25. Zach136

Zach136 Advocate (555) Georgia Jun 17, 2012

Boon Kriek Lambic... on draught. So she doesn't get her favorite that often. She enjoyed Saisons and Tripels until she had a few of them both on an empty stomach... Now she pretty much sticks to sours and ciders.

26. bricksandivey

bricksandivey Zealot (95) Georgia Oct 14, 2008

the better half loves anchor christmas

27. teamwiggum

teamwiggum Advocate (525) Wisconsin Nov 30, 2008

If I asked her, my gf would probably say Ten Fidy, Black Cauldron, and Nosferatu.

28. je1129

je1129 Aficionado (220) Iowa Feb 22, 2011

lindemans framboise. She really liked blushing monk too.

29. Rushalt

Rushalt Aficionado (100) Maryland Nov 7, 2012

wife wont drink beer, sips mine and always replies with "tastes like beer" even had her try old engine oil and she said she didnt taste any chocolate flavor at all just beer :oops:

30. skinsfan

skinsfan Advocate (600) Maryland May 24, 2005

My wife loves IPAs. Probably a coin flip between Sucks, Sculpin and Flower Power.

31. None of them.

32. DelMontiac

DelMontiac Advocate (620) Oklahoma Oct 22, 2010

She hates all beer which is great. Beers never go missing and it saves me money.

33. Bubbalito

Bubbalito Savant (435) Virginia Jan 2, 2012

In this order:
    Shlafly Pumpkin
    Samuel Smith Nut Brown
    My Homebrewed Apricot Hefewiezen
    Stella Artois
    Newcastle

34. travMI13

travMI13 Savant (355) Michigan Jan 7, 2012

She has two: Duchesse de Bourgogne and Hopslam. Mighty fine choices, I would say.

35. larryi86

larryi86 Champion (760) Delaware Apr 4, 2010

My girlfriend loves when I open lambics, she really liked Fou' Foune and Lou Pepe Kriek

36. deuce9259

deuce9259 Savant (310) Ohio Dec 28, 2011

Any Imperial or Double IPA. Life is good.

37. tdhchris

tdhchris Aspirant (35) California Mar 20, 2012

My gf prefers sour beers. Right now her favorite is Cuvee Des Jacobins Rouge. Thankfully we have a local bar that constantly has new sours beers on tap. She also has a few select IPA that she likes. Thank goodness she stopped drinking budlight!!!!!

38. LeRose

LeRose Advocate (545) Massachusetts Nov 24, 2011

It was Blue Moon, but has expanded to include various wittes and hefeweizens. She also went on quite a pumpkin spree this fall and liked quite a few. She will try most any style, though.

39. bonghitta

bonghitta Zealot (90) Washington Feb 24, 2012

New glarus raspberry or the Wisconsin red. Delicious beers

geneseohawk and Marti403 like this.
  40. My wife is a sucker for IPA's, she has been on a Celebration Ale kick for the winter. We both look forward to the case of Heady our friends bring back often.