1. Extreme Beer Fest tickets go on sale Sat, Sep 27 @ Noon EDT.
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

What is your wife's or significant others favorite beer?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by geneseohawk, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Ford

Ford Savant (480) Texas Sep 8, 2012

Shiner Bock and Alaskan Amber... both good and easy to drink beers. She's more of a marguerita girl

2. In no particular order:

-Schlafly Coffee Stout
    -Boulevard Zon
    -Schlafly Scotch Ale (wee heavy...now sadly draft-only)

3. She only drinks sours.

Her favorites in order are
    Fou Foune, Beatification, Supplication, Temptation, Cascade Blueberry, Cascade Strawberry, Sanctification and Consecration

4. Absolut

Absolut Savant (430) California Sep 19, 2011

Redemption, Ballast Point Pale Ale, Rolling Rock Light, That god awful dog blue 'beer' that pours purple.

5. CellarGimp

CellarGimp Savant (475) Missouri Sep 14, 2011

Tank 7. But she loves IPAs too. Only thing she doesn't like are big stouts.

6. kingofhop

kingofhop Savant (430) Oklahoma May 9, 2010

My better half liked Miller Lite, but she kinda dug Chimay Blue too.

7. kbuzz

kbuzz Advocate (555) Pennsylvania Jan 22, 2011

My homebrewed milk stout on the nitro tap!

8. Crackerroll

Crackerroll Savant (295) Missouri Jan 16, 2011

I'll bet my wife hasn't drank 12 beers in the 14 years we have been married. I drink for both of us.;)

Marti403 and lonewolfcry like this.
  9. Victory Moonglow (which we haven't gotten around here) and Lambics.

10. Moose90

Moose90 Savant (405) Colorado Nov 25, 2012

Easy Street or Sunshine.

11. JJWIGHT

JJWIGHT Savant (305) Minnesota Feb 14, 2012

FBS, but she likes pretty much any beer I like, except for barleywines. She told me her friend told her she probably couldnt tell the difference between craft and bmc after she had a few and she told her friend she was nuts. I was so proud!

12. The closest I could get her to a decent beer was Indeed's Old Friend - their winter ale (very good).
    Otherwise she's happy drinking her Coors Light - which is fine by me, I guess - less of a hit on our $$$.

13. My wife hides miller light in cabinets because she is embraced she still likes it... (funny)
    She loves bourbon and cognac aged stouts and barlywine.
    Sadface ); less for me! She hates IPA (score!)
    But drinks all my Belgian!

14. Anything that I don't like. It's a blessing and a curse. Nah, it's a blessing!

15. Stevedore

Stevedore Champion (855) Wisconsin Nov 16, 2012

Homebrewed coffee stout

geneseohawk likes this.
  16. rolandboy

rolandboy Savant (250) Michigan Oct 11, 2012

founders breakfast stout and odd side ales chocolate koffie stout. i fear (and my wallet/cellar fears) this is a gateway to barrel aged stouts.

17. Parabola/Sucaba/FW15 equally followed closely by BCBS 08 and Fruet. I would reverse the order, but something about that FW barrel treatment trips her trigger just so. Thanks to the guys at the Firestone event who bought her another round of FW15. It made both of our nights.;)

OneBeertoRTA likes this.
  18. Probably Victory at Sea. She didnt like the Cherry Rye we drank tonight. I got half of hers too. I loved it a lot.

She also said Flower Power and Pliny.

19. mkennedy119

mkennedy119 Savant (350) Illinois Nov 13, 2011

My ex LOVED Wild Blue. Not saying that "ex" and "Wild Blue" had any correlation....

20. eatabag

eatabag Aficionado (210) California Jun 22, 2011

My wife likes her DIPAs and sours. Thankfully we live in the general area that makes her favorites, which are:

Pliny the elder and Consecration. She'll also enjoy a BA barleywine like Abacus.

She leaves the stouts to me though.

21. MaxOhle

MaxOhle Savant (345) Illinois Nov 10, 2012

None. (sigh)

22. arfenhouse

arfenhouse Savant (285) California Oct 29, 2012

My girl likes almost all stouts and pale ales, Young's DC Stout and Ballast Point Yellowtail are her favorites. Pretty decent beers for me fall back on.

23. sukwonee

sukwonee Advocate (540) Washington Dec 13, 2011

My wife strangely enjoys Aventinus. She doesn't like beer otherwise.

24. rollom

rollom Advocate (560) New York Jan 22, 2011

Founders Porter, MBC MO, HF Edward

25. I cant even get her to smell my beer

--

I always thought the universal panty dropper was Lindemans Framboise

je1129 likes this.
  26. Marti403

Marti403 Savant (470) Michigan Jul 23, 2011

My wife hates anything to do with hops so her current favorite is New Glarus Belgian Red and Serendipity and anything pumpkin. Other than that, on St Patrick's Day, Kuhnhenn makes a Lucky Charms Ale that is the best thing she's ever had. She'll offer our car for a growler of it if I don't keep close tabs on her. It is magically delicious, though.

27. Lutter

Lutter Advocate (650) Texas Jun 30, 2010

Anything traditional and German (she studied in Hanover in college and is of German in descent, so she's uppity that German style beers are the best styles of beers)

Sünner Kölsch
    Köstritzer Schwarzbier
    Ayinger Urweiss
    Weihenstephaner Vitus
    Live Oak Hefeweizen
    Live Oak Primus
    Live Oak Pilz

... and anything that Shiner makes! (Bock and Blonde being her favorites)

Hates IPAs. But I love tricking her ("oh, this beer is so sweet and smooth! Have a sip." *takes a sip* "OH MY GOD, YOU BASTARD!")

28. Her first craft was Merry Monks, which remains one of her favorites. Now the only thing she doesn't really like in a beer is a heavy coffee presence.

29. dbfp210

dbfp210 Savant (350) Pennsylvania Jun 27, 2012

Midas Touch and Golden Monkey

30. Blueribbon666

Blueribbon666 Advocate (500) Ohio Jul 4, 2008

When my wife drank beer she was a witbier fan mostly Blue Moon or Hoegaarden, however she doesn't stray far from her 1st love vodka, though Malbac has joined the party lately.

31. ZPag

ZPag Zealot (95) New York Dec 3, 2012

Rare Vos
    Well's Banana Brea Beer
    21st Amendment American Bitter
    Or UFO Rasperry

Rare Vos is her go to around here since we live about 20 minutes from Ommegang so everyone has it on tap.

32. RockAZ

RockAZ Savant (320) Arizona Jan 6, 2009

33. Budweiser. That's all. Of the 260-something beers that I've reviewed, she's sipped and spit out (and nearly vomited a few times) on about 99% of them.

34. Anchor Steam and Anchor Summer when it's available.

35. My G/F is obsessed with DFH Olde School, DDBA and/or really ANY barleywine. She loves a good RIS stout, especially Parabola (who doesn't really?) but lucky for me and my wallet, it's not a year-round thing.

luwak likes this.
  36. Atlas1977

Atlas1977 Aficionado (125) Illinois Nov 27, 2010

Goose Island Sofie, it is the only one she will order over wine.

37. My gurl went from Bud Light to Sours thanks to me!! haha. so far she likes Aphrodite the best

luwak likes this.
  38. JK4Stout

JK4Stout Aficionado (240) Virginia May 10, 2010

Shandy's...one of my least favorites, but it makes splitting flights interesting.

39. dunix

dunix Savant (460) Vermont Jan 26, 2011

My wife loves Allagash Black in the winter, White in the summer. HF Abner and Heady year round

luwak likes this.
  40. Petrus blond and penn Octoberfest. Solid choices