1. Rating beers by attributes (look, smell, taste, feel, overall) is back! Read the latest update ...
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

What is your wife's or significant others favorite beer?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by geneseohawk, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Lemonberry Shandy, Summer Shandy, Molson Ice, And Rochefort 10. All IPA's and Stout's are hairspray according to her.

2. Ravenacht

Ravenacht Advocate (510) Florida Aug 10, 2012

Well not many until a few minutes ago when she asked me "Can i have some of that Clown Shoes Vampire Slayer Imp. Stout you are drinking...it is not bad" ......... Another victim succumbs to the dark side :) Cheers!

[​IMG]

3. WebGuyMike

WebGuyMike Savant (395) Florida Dec 5, 2012

My girlfriend love Porters and Stouts but Left Hand Milk Stout Nitro most specifically...at least for now.

4. Introduced my wife to sours and my wallet has never forgiven me.

Huhzubendah likes this.
  5. The lady likes Kasteel Rouge (sp?).

I'll take it.

6. harperman69

harperman69 Savant (355) Tennessee Feb 11, 2009

She likes CCB Batch #69 Double Cream Ale

7. My girlfriend will try just about any beer, but is partial to brown ales and sours, counting New Glarus Fat Squirrel as her favorite.

8. hilgart1

hilgart1 Savant (395) Illinois Feb 20, 2011

She loves all the sammy smith fruit beers

9. loafinaround

loafinaround Savant (370) New York Jul 16, 2011

husband only kinda likes beer. his fav is brooklyn #2. Not into stouts. all for the best... much more for me!

10. csbinva

csbinva Savant (265) Virginia Jan 13, 2010

Allagash White, gives me another excuse to hit the beer store!

11. broodog

broodog Savant (345) Illinois Jul 18, 2009

My wife's two faves are Surly Furious and Allagash White. She's been known to put away a few Alpha Kings, as well. She's pretty awesome.

12. My Girlfriend has similar tastes.

Her favorite has to be Peak Organic's Pomegranate Wheat.

13. MisterBisco

MisterBisco Advocate (520) New York Feb 18, 2009

My wife is very open to trying anything I'm trying, but tends to be turned off by overly hopped or bitter beers. Her go-to is Stella in the summer, but these days she's into malty ambers and brown ales. That said, she tried a bit of my last bottle of Speedway Stout, and responded with, "Whoa! That is a damned good beer!"

14. Gumballhead and a lil sumpin sumpin.

geneseohawk likes this.
  15. My wife likes Pete's Wicked Strawberry Blonde and Wagner Valley Summer Sail - keeps her away from my IPAs and Belgians in the beer fridge and kegerator....I will add that she will try just about anything I'm drinking and really liked a black ipa I had yesterday...

16. Ithaca Flower Power
    21st Amendment Hell Or High Watermelon
    3Fs Zombie Dust
    Southern Tier Pumking,
    Carton Brewing BDG

Ivegotmule likes this.
  17. Blue moon regularly. Mother Earth weeping willow wit. And somehow still likes imperial stouts. The only IPA she hasn't made a face at was Pliny.

18. JonathanSS

JonathanSS Aspirant (40) New York Feb 18, 2011

Southern Tier Pumking

19. Zombie dust, Hopslam, KBS.....and blue moon.

20. beercanman

beercanman Savant (485) Ohio Dec 17, 2012

The old lady loves ruination, sculpin, yellow snow and seasonal fruit beers. She will try any beer but she is a huge hophead.

21. Barrel aged water ;)

/she actually does like the taste of stouts

22. dangle47

dangle47 Aficionado (145) New York May 16, 2007

Espresso Yeti

23. Lately my lady's been sipping on Lagunitas Cappuccino Stout. IDK if it's her favorite, though.

24. bishopdc0

bishopdc0 Savant (410) Maine Jan 23, 2010

I asked my wife this questions and after a 30 minute conversation she wasn't able to give an answer she was happy with. She did mention Russian River Beatification, Allagash Matina Rosa, Cerise, Marshal Wharf Oyster Stout and Cigar Citys Cedar Marshal Zhukov's.

25. My girlfriend's favorite beer of all-time is Magic Hat Lucky Kat IPA, which is weird, but I respect it. Since it's gone now, she goes 'gaga' over Duchesse de Bourgogne, Ommegang Zuur, Dogfish Head Aprihop, Green Flash Hop Head Red, and... wait for it... MILLER LITE!! I love her! She's the maple syrup to my pancakes! Cheers, BA!

26. dblab33

dblab33 Savant (345) Michigan Dec 9, 2011

Mine also loves Supplication. I really wish she would have just let me get 6 little bottles instead....

[​IMG]

27. Brunite

Brunite Savant (420) Illinois Sep 21, 2009

Got her to enjoy BCBS. That........ and....... tequila. Done.

28. Naterobsnyk4

Naterobsnyk4 Savant (340) New York Jan 25, 2012

Wheat beers, Wheat Beers and more Wheat Beers.

29. Brunite

Brunite Savant (420) Illinois Sep 21, 2009

You've heard about FS being cut? Better stock up to keep her happy as they will all be off the shelves and buried soon.

30. Heady Topper!

31. snaotheus

snaotheus Savant (485) Washington Oct 6, 2008

Rodenbach Grand Cru.

32. My wife's favorite is bootleggers rustic rye.

33. My wife HATES beer...which means I DON'T HAVE TO SHARE!!!

34. Fou'Foune; IT IS ALSO CONVENIENTLY MY FAVORITE TOOOOO :oops::rolleyes::p

35. My GF is a hop head her favorites are Heady Topper and Lawson's Hopzilla luckily I live in VT so I don't have share too often.

36. fritts211

fritts211 Savant (285) Tennessee Feb 19, 2011

New Belgium's Tart Lychee has been my fiance's favorite so far. She normally tries a sip of anything except IPA's that I crack open, but rarely drinks except for dinner or vacation and prefers wine when she does. Going to California wine country for the wedding in May though, so maybe I will try to sneak some beer into her glass instead of wine...

37. rholmes

rholmes Zealot (95) Florida Sep 11, 2012

Shipyard Pumpkinhead is her absolute favorite.

38. rubicat

rubicat Aficionado (120) Ohio Nov 22, 2012

My wife's tastes are remarkably similar to mine. She recently tried TBK's White Rajah and it has become her favorite.

39. TychoNDC

TychoNDC Savant (370) New York Jan 7, 2013

Dogfish Head Midas Touch has to be my fiance's favorite, which is fine as it leaves the stouts for myself.

40. My wife/gf's favorite beer is ...... dammit I don't have a wife/gf :cool:

LivingWeapon likes this.