1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

What Lips of Faith series beers are on the shelves in CO?

Discussion in 'US - Mountain' started by cptnspeed1, Aug 8, 2012.

1. I'm going to be driving to Denver/FC next week and would like to pick up some of the older Lips of Faith series beers for my bottle collection. Is there any stores that have a decent backlog? Does anyone have any that they would like to trade for midwest stuff? Let me know.
  2. Prospero

Prospero Advocate (585) Colorado Jul 27, 2010

In Denver, I know NB & LA Brett Beer, Tart Lychee & La Folie in a couple places... soon to have the Alpine Super IPA
  3. denver10

denver10 Champion (865) Kentucky Nov 17, 2010

Fort Collins has a ton...I have seen Cocoa Mole, Brett Beer, Dunkelweiss, Imperial Berliner Weiss, Super Cru, La Folie, Prickly Pear Saison. Saw Super IPA for a minute but that sold out super fast. Probably will be replenished. Also, I have yet to hit up New Belgium but I'd imagine they got some of the LoF stuff available there too?
  4. tacosandbeer

tacosandbeer Savant (360) Colorado Sep 24, 2010

I've also seen more available on the shelves in the stores up north than in Denver.
  5. We get the Lips of Faith stuff in WI, so the new stuff im set on, but I'm looking for stuff like the dunkel, berliner, krieks, fresh hop, erics ale etc that i missed or lost the bottle.
  6. I have not seen any of those around Denver recently. The fresh hop is nearly a year old now, though I did see some of it on the shelf at Discount Liquor in Milwaukee about a month ago. Eric's Ale is long gone as far as I know
  7. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Advocate (595) Colorado Jan 20, 2012

whoa whoa whoa, cocoa mole and dunkelweiss? WTF? please BM a bottle shop name.
  8. denver10

Wilburs definitely had the Cocooa Mole and I believe, though not 100% sure on, the Dunkelweiss. Unfortunately, the one store I am sure I saw the dunkel at, I actually don't remember the name or location of other than it being on Drake St and it NOT being Pringles (some liquor mart that had way more square footage than it needed as there was quite a bit of open shelf space....and it was located between College St and Pringles Liquor). Sorry...I just moved up here so am still getting myself familiar with the grounds.

Also, was just at New Belgium's taproom and they definitely had Cocoa Mole on tap and I do believe in bottles. But if not, you could always buy a growler of it. Think I saw the Dunkel there as well but again could be wrong, wasn't paying as much attention to that one. Sorry.
  9. Prospero

Prospero Advocate (585) Colorado Jul 27, 2010

Is Prickly Pear Saison going to make it to Denver? Didn't it just come out along with the Super IPA?
  10. Domingo

Domingo Champion (945) Colorado Apr 23, 2005

What's kind of cool about hitting up NB's tasting room these days is that they have almost all of them on tap. They don't have some of the long gone ones like Eric's, but they have 8-9 different LOF items including a fair number of brews that never made it to bottles.
  11. denver10

I thought Prickly Pear Saison was last year. I could have sworn saw it on the shelves in Denver during the winter. I definitely remember someone telling me about the beer at that point and they had been drinking it (though they lived in Fort Collins).
  12. denver10

Indeed.

Today they had:

Super IPA
    Valentines Ale
    Kens Hefe
    Cocoa Mole
    Tart Lychee
    The Collaboration with Lost Abbey
    Billy's Beer
    Cascade Dubbel (think that was the name)
  13. I'm definitely going to stop by there, but I collect screen printed bottles for a display I have, which is why I'm looking for some older ones and some (Fresh Hop) that probably don't taste so good anymore.
  14. hopfacebrew

hopfacebrew Savant (455) Colorado Jul 26, 2011

How does that work now? I haven't been their since they started requiring tickets to tour. Can you just go in an order a pint?
  15. denver10

Of their regular offerings you can get a taster or a pint. Of their LoF stuff, a taster or a 12 oz glass.
    hopfacebrew likes this.
  16. Domingo

Honestly, I prefer the new system. It used to be a chaotic mess of people just showing up and loitering for the free samples. Now the samples are a buck or two each, and you can order normal goblets of whatever you want, too. My last trip was on a Saturday afternoon and I was able to get an immediate seat and I had 4 samples in front of me in less than 2 minutes. A year ago that would've never happened.
    hopfacebrew likes this.
  17. hopfacebrew

hopfacebrew Savant (455) Colorado Jul 26, 2011

So do you need a reservation to just head in and drink like that if you have no intention of doing the tour?

I remember when I graduated from CSU, which was 8 years ago, it was always crazy busy there to the point that we stopped going for the reasons you mentioned.
  18. Domingo

Nope - no reservations needed. I haven't done the tour in years, although that's mainly just because most of my Ft. Collins trips tend to be spur of the moment and I didn't have enough notice make a tour reservation.
    It's essentially just a normal tasting room, now. Think of it like you would Odell, FCB, or Funkwerks.
    I stopped going to NB for a long time, but wanted my Fat Tire loving buddy to see where it came from. I'm glad I went back as it's now back on my "must stop" list again.
    Andwoo likes this.
  19. ung

ung Aficionado (140) Colorado Jul 3, 2012

Does anyone know when 2013 la folie will be hitting shelves in Boulder?
  20. denver10

I'd guess any day...on the shelves in Fort Collins already.
    tacosandbeer likes this.