Great Britain What shops sell the Young's Double Chocolate in nitro cans?

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Dennoman, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Dennoman

Dennoman Advocate (505) Belgium Aug 20, 2011

Just inquiring for when I head to the UK in October. This looks great as a session nitro stout.

2. Are you sure it isn't one for the US? I've never seen it anywhere (websites included) and the nitro-can reviews seem to all (the first 2 pages at least) be Americans.

3. I second what Essex says above - I've never seen it anywhere here. In fact I don't even think I've seen it in a can of any description, it's always in bottles. Still good though....

Maybe try contacting the brewery and see what they say?

4. Dennoman

Ah, that might be the case. Strange. Well, I'll definitely take your word for it if you haven't seen it, as it's such a big and well-known brand that you should have noticed it if it were there in the first place.

Cheers!

5. Having drunk in a few Youngs boozers in the smoke over the years (not a first choice brewery for me I must admit) I have only ever seen this in bottles.

As for Essex's comment about the US market - you see it on tap in many US craft beer pubs particularly on the east coast.

6. Dennoman

Seems to be widespread in eastern Canada as well.

7. In the US, it can even be found in grocery stores. Alot of bars that have more than the standard american macro lager have it on nitro tap as well.

8. You get it in grocery stores here too.