1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

What Stone beers are widely available in So Cal right now?

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by Providence, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Hey all. My friend and fellow Rhode Islander is on vacation in Southern California this week. He asked if I wanted him to bring back any brews. Over the years I have learned that we in RI get a mere sliver of what Stone has to offer. As a Stone lover, I have always wanted to get some of these other brews that don't make it my way. I figure I can send my buddy on a mission to find some "new to me" Stone brews. If you could give me a general idea of what Stone brews are the shelves at a typical bottle shop, I can then pass the names to him.

Thanks in advance!

2. archey

archey Aficionado (185) California Apr 22, 2010

Nice friend you have there. Here is a rundown of what the local Total Wine has in stock.

• Pale Ale
    • IPA
    • Levitation
    • Ruination
    • Smoke Porter
    • Smoked Porter w/ Vanilla Beans
    • Arrogant Bastard
    • 2012 Double Bastard
    • Cali-Belgique IPA
    • 2012 Old Guardian
    • 2013 Old Guardian
    • 2013 Smoked Old Guardian
    • 2012 Imperial Russian Stout
    • Sublimely Self-Righteous Ale
    • 2012 Collab: Saison du Buff
    • 2012 Collab: Perfect Crime
    • Vertical Epic 12.12.12

There are probably some others I have missed. Good luck!

Providence likes this.
  3. Perfect Crime doesn't make it out this way (at least I don't think it does), so perhaps I will have him grab that. The others on your list make it to either RI or Mass, many of which I have tried (and enjoyed).

Thanks!

4. If he can get to a Stone store, they will most likely have some of the barrel aged beers for sale in bottles as well.

Providence likes this.
  5. Tell him to go to the Pasadena store, like the fella above stated. Dayman should be around in full amount and they do have an extensive list of older bottles of stuff like Old Guardian.

6. stone store might have 4.20.13, but otherwise not available in SoCal or RI.

7. where are you staying?

8. RedBeeron

RedBeeron Savant (260) California Jul 7, 2012

Rhode Island is my guess ;)

9. Yea probably should have read that one a little closer

Meant where is the friend vacationing

10. Not 100%, it seems like he's all over the place. I know he's going to be in Palm Springs and out in Joshua Tree (which I am assuming is a craft desert in addition to being an environmental desert).

thedirtyname likes this.