1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

What Tastings would you like to go to?

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by CarlisleWineBin, Nov 20, 2012.

1. I just recently had our final tasting of the year and am focusing attention on the Christmas rush (bah humbug!). This means I have some time to decide how to attack the New Year in the way of tastings.

Just curious to see if any of you guys have thoughts on what could possibly be a good theme or style for tastings. I do have a budget though, so crazy stuff will be unattainable!

Here are a couple in the pipelines:
    Tom Waits inspired tasting - inspired by his triple album Bawlers, Brawlers and Bastards. Softer style beers first (bawlers), big robust beers second flight (brawlers), weird beers last (bastards). Spoken word and songs by Tom between each flight. A very self indulgant tasting for me!

Breakfast Tasting - matching beer to several classic and not so classic breakfast options. Maybe throw a Bloody Mary in there!

Summer tasting - Rolling out the picnic blankets and have a multi flight tasting of beers inspired by summer. Cider, lambics, fruit beers, golden ales and pilsners. Food to be cooked on the BBQ, plus cold food.... bring out the frisbees and cricket bats after!

Belgian tasting and Italian tasting - so many options at the moment. Both matched with respective food from their country of origin.

I have one more but I will keep it a secret. I have had the misfortune of telling some good ones to people only to find that it gets used (name and all) before I get the chance!! But this one is super cool and requires collaboration on a level not really seen in Australia before (I could be wrong!).

Anyway, other suggestions?!

Joel
    brendanos likes this.
  2. Roll out the Barrels 2, first one was a superb event.

With all the new kiwi beers in store an ANZAC showdown could be another idea.
  3. Done ANZAC before but more than happy to again, especially since there is so much more options than last time.
  4. <<<<< This one in Essen !!