1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

What was the xmas Beermasons box like?

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by sinkas, Jan 24, 2013.

1. sinkas

sinkas Aficionado (190) Australia Jul 9, 2008

after a couple of shit boxes,
    I decided to quit,
    just wondering if they continued the stale and lame in the next box?

2. barls

barls Aficionado (175) Australia Nov 15, 2006

the christmas pack hasnt been delivered yet, should be here shortly hopefully

3. According to their site the shipment was damaged so delivery was scheduled for Jan 15th, still no word though and as usual no reply to my email. Hopefully this next pack gets things back on track after the last couple.

4. sinkas

great to see they are improving all the time

I complained to Black duck and temple about thier horrid beers in the last case,
    both were " sending a replacement, thanks for your feedback", alas nothing recived

5. MrKennedy

MrKennedy Advocate (610) Australia Dec 29, 2006

Was it Black Heart not Black Duck?

From Beermason's website:

We are sorry to report that there has been significant damage to our Summer delivery. And while we all know this is a first world problem to have, we absolutely share in your beery frustration.​

Considering the proximity to Christmas and Summer holidays and the delay, this pack will now be released in mid-January 2013. ​

A big thank you to Big Sky Brewers for coming to our aid with an express delivery! You can look forward to a cracking pack. There's a particularly spectacular little number from The Bruery also heading your way!​

We are also announcing a new and improved schedule for deliveries in 2013. This will ensure that we miss peak congestion periods for our brewers and the ports.​

Summer - 15 January​
    Autumn - 15 April​
    Winter - 15 July​
    Spring - 15 October​
    2013 Uber Pack (optional) - 1 December​

We'll keep you posted as soon as any further information comes to hand.​

6. sinkas

black heart sorry to all the ducks out there

MrKennedy likes this.
  7. The state those Black Heart beers were in was disgraceful. Makes me wonder if any quality control tasting is conducted on Beer Masons side of things.

8. sirob

sirob Aficionado (170) Australia May 30, 2007

N
    No need to wonder I'm certain they do none

9. spicelab

spicelab Savant (425) Australia Nov 6, 2009

I only opened the Weizen a month ago. The nose seemed okay, but the taste was diabolical. Probably my least ambivalent drainpour ever - lasted 3 sips.

From memory the Pale was simply stale and nondescript.

On the plus side, the packaging had not discernibly dropped off at all ;)

CarlisleWineBin likes this.
  10. MrKennedy

Got an email to say the box is ready to be sent out. The Bruery beer is Mischief.

Not aware of any other things coming other than what's already been mentioned.

11. barls

got the same email yesterday. this is their last chance, as they have seriously gone down hill. you go their forum and ask a question and the thread just disappears. they are almost as bad as homebrew talk.

12. spicelab

Saw your comments on the Forum. Really poor form for them to go to ground instead of providing even a cursory response.

They are definitley on probation with this box. I'm saying my goodbyes if it's not solid. Ditto if there's any off-the-shelf Aussie/NZ beers included.

13. MrKennedy

Box arrived, contents:

750ml bottles
    The Bruery Mischief x 1

22oz bombers
    Port Brewing Santa's Little Helper Imperial Stout x 1
    Port Brewing Mongo IPA x 1
    Port Brewing Hot Rocks Lager x 1

375ml bottles
    Oude Beersel Geuze x 1

12oz bottles
    Big Sky Powder Hound Winter Ale x 3
    Big Sky Cowboy Coffee Porter x 3

12oz cans
    Big Sky IPA x 3
    Big Sky Trout Slayer Wheat Ale x 3

Swag
    Oude Beersel Lambic Glass x 1

14. danieelol

danieelol Advocate (510) Australia Jun 15, 2010

Sounds pretty good to me!

15. spicelab

If my suspicions are confirmed that the Mongo, Hot Rocks and Oud Beersel Gueuze are old stock from previous packs...

we're breaking up.

16. MrKennedy

On Valentine's Day?

Bottle date on Oude Beersel the same as previous. Mongo bottled on 18 August & Hot Rocks on 14 March...oh, did I mention 2011?

Santa's was bottled on 12 September 2012...

danieelol likes this.
  17. danieelol

danieelol Advocate (510) Australia Jun 15, 2010

Ah that's real lame then...

18. spicelab

Least I don't have to fork out exorbitant cash for roses..

I don't know whether I feel more anger or pity. They're clearly flailing desperately to keep their business afloat, to the point of resorting to shit like this. Ultimately it's the dishonesty that's unforgiveable. They could have been forthcoming with their customers about the issues they were having, but chose silence and obfuscation. Fuck 'em.

19. Lukie

Lukie Savant (425) Australia Jun 16, 2007

The saddest thing is we won't get Bruery beers over here properly as they are under the impression that Mason's are their importer and national distributor.

:/

20. MrKennedy

Fortunately me neither

21. barls

im currently writing a nasty email as im not happy.
    no documentation for the third time and shit/ expired beers.
    didnt get the hot rocks as i got the spruce beer with a best before of august last year.
    everything else is the same. with santas little helper being the newest of the lot.

22. Absolute joke that they would include past beers.

Barls let me know if you get a reply, I sent three emails before any details were provided on the summer pack and posted a conversation about communication on their site and didn't get one single reply.

23. barls

which email address are you sending to?
    will do just need the wife to check it before me sending it so im not too over the top in it.

24. First time I did it through the site and then I replied to the email that I got telling me that they had recieved my email.
    [email protected]

The Beer Masons promise from their site:
    An always changing and interesting selection in every pack.
    Excellent condition beer, timed to arrive at your door via the shortest route possible between brewery and you.
    No parralel imports, aggregators or unlicensed distributors' beer - the brewer personally wants you to experience their beer!
    Well researched, presented and useful tasting notes.

I just reposted it on their site reminding them.

25. barls

26. barls

they were having problems with their email system ages ago. guess it never got fixed.
    you should be able to find this on their forum but they delete anything that refers to them having problems.
    the one above always works for me. well the last half dozen times.

27. barls

28. barls

right got a response, im now out of it with a 50% refund. email the first one i put up to get an answer.

29. spicelab

They should have called this their Fire Sale box. Lucky dip of old stock

I got a Moylans ESB, which I'm guessing is approximately 18 months old (scary, as it was already diabolical in a much fresher state) and a Lost Abbey Carnevale, which was a more recent offering, and being more of a yeast based offering will have held up okay).

30. spicelab

Did they give anything by way of explanation?

31. barls

only this one
    all posts by me have been removed from their forum by them.
    they have promised that the next one is already on its way from Europe.

32. spicelab

You're not alone. They just quietly cancelled my user account after I posted something critical on their forum. Tried to log on just now and the site won't recognise my password/email.

Truly shameful, gutless behaviour.

33. MordeciaFunk

MordeciaFunk Savant (260) Australia Feb 14, 2012

This really is turning into a bad break-up isn't? 'Losing' your contact details/blocking your number. You really must have broken their heart with your unkind words.

34. i got two responses to both of my posts on their site and a personal email offering a refund.

hopefully they have realised their mistakes and turn things around to the quality of the past

35. seems it's a mixed delivery, some members get different to others - might explain why no doco?

my mate who is a member mentioned another Lost Abbey in the box which, he was quite happy with.....