1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

What's a beer you regret not buying when you had the chance?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by mrcraft, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Southern Tier - Pumking. And that was even a few years ago. Haven't seen it since!
  2. BCBS Vanilla!!! Only got 1 bottle and didn't know what I had at the time.
  3. weonfire

weonfire Savant (360) Illinois Sep 4, 2012

I was completely turned off of Barrel Aged beer because of Kentucky - Bourbon Barrel Ale. So when I saw a huge pile of BCBCS, BCBS, and the Cherry Rye I looked at them in disgust. It wasn't until a few months ago I forced myself into trying a BCBS. Good god do i kick myself. BCBCS and Cherry rye are long, long gone by then - never to return.
  4. ChicagoNick

ChicagoNick Savant (395) Illinois Nov 16, 2012

I stopped in at Binny's and saw a gigantic end cap filled with some stupid beer selling for $85 for a 6-pack. Turned out to be Westvleteren 12. On the plus side, I don't generally enjoy that style... but the opportunity was there and I apparently got there within the hour they put everything on display. Stopped by 2 days later after learning of my mistake and they were forever gone.

Made the same mistake with KBS last year. Was unfamiliar with it and figured I'd have another chance next time I stopped in. This made me feel worse than missing the Westy, honestly.
  5. mrcraft

mrcraft Advocate (655) California Dec 15, 2012

Okay, I started this thread, but I think this trumps my Citra faux pas...

Out of curiosity, I googled to find out exactly where Minneapolis Town Hall Brewery was located. I lived three blocks away when I lived in Minneapolis!!! I had no interest in beers then.
  6. not beer - but passed on a few bottles of Pappy Van Winkle 23 year last year at cost ! i still lose sleep some nights over it. thanks god i bought a few 15 and 20 years so i can still enjoy Pappy when i need that release !
  7. azureoval

azureoval Savant (425) California Jan 25, 2010

1. Temptation b4 . I only bought two bottles. Could have had more.
    2. 08 Bourbon County, The shelves around here were littered with the stuff when I first really got into craft beer but I did not like BA beers back then so I only bought a couple packs.
  8. HarrySTruman

HarrySTruman Savant (265) Michigan May 16, 2012

I could have landed some Bolt Cutter and chose not to. Kind of wish I had. Just didn't think it would be up my alley, but now I wish I would have found out for myself if it were up my alley.
  9. Awesome, haha.
  10. My wife went into CC Philly to get her hair did a few months ago and when I picked her up at the train station she asked me if I had ever had any Evil Twin beers. I said that I had, but I was really looking for Imperial Biscotti Break.

She said she had one in her hand earlier that day in the Foodery, but wasn't sure she should buy it.

FML
  11. iT'S STILL OUT THERE....
  12. No problem. Any other goodies you are interested in? I have lots.
  13. I'm a huge fan of imperial stouts if you have anything fun you want to trade. Anything else west coast wise you re looking for?
  14. ant880

ant880 Advocate (635) New York Nov 7, 2010

Sadly not in NY...or at least not at any of the places I frequent :(
  15. kdb150

kdb150 Savant (490) Pennsylvania Mar 8, 2012

When it comes to whiskey, remember - older always means more expensive, but often does NOT mean better. Case in point - Pappy 15 is superior to Pappy 20, and half the price. Go figure.