1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

What's at the breck resort

Discussion in 'US - Mountain' started by mcaulifww, Feb 1, 2013.

1. mcaulifww

mcaulifww Member

So some buddies and I are headed to breckinridge to ski in a month. but I don't ski. How's the lodge there? any good craft? what are prices like? could I just swing by the store and keep stuff in the car to drink all day?
  2. Steve_0

Steve_0 Member

You can stop in Frisco at Antlers, which is a decent bottle shop in the heart of the mountain. Pretty much everything in Breckenridge is walkable, so you can go to the original Breck Brewery, and a few other watering holes, if you choose. You can also head to Frisco and check out Backcountry Brewing and this cool little German joint, named Prost, they have great sausage and a decent selection of beers. There isn't too much else, as far as beer goes, but if you just stop in to Antlers you will be able to satisfy yourself with a decent selection and spend the day drinking on the mountain.
    mcaulifww likes this.
  3. mcaulifww

mcaulifww Member

Thats great. not being a skier I have no idea what to expect on the mountain. I'd like to have options and grab stuff to take back to the east anyway so stopping by a shop sounds like a great idea. Just wanted to make sure they'd let me bring it in
  4. Dtapeski

Dtapeski Member

I second Steve_O's comments for Frisco.
    If you're not going to ski, you should go snowmobiling while you're in Breck.
    coreymcafee likes this.
  5. mcaulifww

mcaulifww Member

sounds fun. one of the other issues preventing me is I don't have the cash for lift tickets and rentals lol. I assume a snowmobile would set me back equally?
  6. Dtapeski

Dtapeski Member

Yup, gonna run you about $200 for 4 hours
  7. mcaulifww

mcaulifww Member

lol, how much for snowshoe rentals
  8. alexipa

alexipa Member

Depends where you go, but usually around $25/day. Breck has a great town area you could explore as well, and itis within (long) walking distance from the resort.
  9. mcaulifww

mcaulifww Member

cool. I'll probably stock up beforehand, and while my buddies are skiing I'll probably explore.

I'll guess It wouldn't be kosher for me to waddle around the resort with a bottle in my face-hole, no?
  10. Steve_0

Steve_0 Member

Correct, you can not have open containers in public areas. Not sure how that works because of the actual resort, but hopefully someone else can chime in. The brewery is extremely close though and if worse comes to worst you could always bring one of these ;).

[​IMG]
    mcaulifww likes this.
  11. mcaulifww

mcaulifww Member

I figure it's the same on the resort, but who knows could be like at concert venues or something. but I'll probably just go back and forth to the car and lodge or post up somewhere on the mountain
  12. robwater

robwater Member

Best pizza = Eric's or Fatty's. Both have a decent selection of pulls.
  13. poonamibaxter

poonamibaxter Member

If you don't ski, ride or snowmobile? Why are you going? They have decent beer and pot but you can probably get that somewhere cheaper.
    coreymcafee likes this.
  14. heyduke

heyduke Member

Go to dillon ridge liquors instead of antlers they have a much better selection.
    mcaulifww likes this.
  15. mcaulifww

mcaulifww Member

my buddies and I are going to visit a friend for a few days. lots of other stuff but everyone wants to go skiing/boarding for a day. I'm not going to fart around denver by myself so I'm just gonna chill out on the resort, which doesn't seem like It'll be boring. I'm not gonna snowboard because I've only been once, and the tickets/rentals are a little out of the price range to fall on my butt all day.