1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

What's in your beer fridge?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by garylite, Apr 26, 2012.

1. always have these
    size 7
    tank 7
    2hearted
    Bitterbill likes this.
  2. gmrv4

gmrv4 Aficionado (145) Missouri Jun 11, 2012

Something from Boulevard is always in my fridge:

either, Single Wide IPA, 80-acre Hoppy Wheat, Pale Ale, or Tank 7.
  3. I'm a Firestone walker convert and I usually have a bunch of Pale 31 on hand. I've also been known to stock simpler times pilsner from trader joes. It makes for a good night cap to a rowdy summer night filled with drugs and alcohol.
  4. AlCzerik

AlCzerik Aficionado (180) Georgia May 18, 2010

Sweetwater Georgia Brown
  5. Yeungling, Old Brown Dog and Hoegaarden.
  6. RichD

RichD Advocate (640) Rhode Island Mar 18, 2012

I try to keep 1 Sam Adams brew, usually the Cream Stout or O'fest. I also try to keep some Sam Smith Oatmeal in the fridge. When I have a chance, I'll pick up a few Maine Beer Co. Zoe's too. For the winter it'll be Founders Breakfast Stout and possibly Backwoods Bastard, SN Celebration and Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout.

And there's always Yuengling regular and premium in my in-laws fridge
  7. Casedogg43

Casedogg43 Savant (490) Indiana Jan 4, 2012

Zombie Dust
    GumballHead
    Osiris
    Miller lite
    Corona
    Always have a stout or porter too
  8. harrylee773

harrylee773 Savant (355) Illinois Aug 8, 2010

I usually just have a veriety of seasonals in the fridge. When all else fails, a sixer of Dynamo Copper Lager from Metropolitan Brewing or some Goose Island Honker's Ale will suffice.
  9. Bells Two Hearted.
    Founders Porter.
    AleSmith Speedway.

EDIT: I plan on raiding Overlord's fridge while the girls keep him busy.
  10. Overlord

Overlord Initiate (0) California Jun 28, 2007

Jokes on you! I'll only be busy for five ... hours ... that's right, HOURS!
    paulys55 likes this.
  11. pin

pin Savant (340) Australia Nov 6, 2006

Coopers stout
  12. spoonhawk

spoonhawk Savant (345) Iowa Dec 3, 2010

Since I have been in the Chicago area Revolution Eugene Porter and Half Acre Gossamer Golden Ale.

I know, I know... "How is your entire fridge not full of Daisy cutter?" Simple, it gets old.
    harrylee773 likes this.
  13. I usually always Tocobaga and what ever CCB limited or seasonal release that is out at the time. I try and always have some FBS when it'd available and about once a month i get a FFF package that always has at least 1 sixes of ZD.
  14. Sept/October..dark beers.

Founders breakfast stout. Dog Fish Head indian brown ale, Troegs Troeganator, Troegs dead reckoning porter, PBC Coffee Joe porter. Victory Storm king stout.
  15. I use to have a 24 of coors light lying around, or blue dry, or bud , but then again i was afraid it gone bad after spending so much time in the house. I finally stopped buy crap beer, and going for better beer for guest ... I was attending a birthday party i someone drinking wine saw mw drinking a stout, a freaking awesome stout. She tasted it ... and told me i was drinking beer like if it was a great wine , and i said, youre so right on the spot !!!
  16. Idiot IPA or Mongo (if they would ever brew some fresh stuff) and Speedway.
  17. SeaWatchman

SeaWatchman Initiate (0) Mar 24, 2012

Yuengling Lager and Big Sky IPA.
  18. It was Dogfish Head 60 minute until Troegs decided to make Perpetual IPA perpetually.
    agaloco9, silentjay and davey101 like this.
  19. Sara is going to make the Olivia chick and her big forehead look like that Christina Ricci girl.
  20. mtlasley

mtlasley Initiate (0) Illinois Mar 27, 2012

Two-Hearted, Torpedo, Modus Hoperandi and Schlafly Dry-Hopped APA all make rotating appearances but mostly I find a seasonal I enjoy and get the most out of it while it's around. It was Schlafly AIPA, then their Pumpkin Ale, now Big Muddy's (my local) pumpkin ale followed by some wet hop ales I'm sure and after trying at a fest this weekend, every damn bottle of Schlafly TIPA that I can get my hands on.
  21. Deschutes Black Butte
    kirkse and jnoble like this.
  22. maximep

maximep Savant (265) New York Oct 23, 2009

Brabantiae.
    davey101 likes this.
  23. superspak

superspak Champion (910) Michigan May 5, 2010

Founders Seasonal/Centennial. Whatever new seasonal Short's released that week ;)

Whatever my last batch was, could be any style I felt like brewing that month. This month I have a Foreign Stout and Belgian Blonde in there, along with whatever stragglers are left of my Rye IPA from 3 months ago.
  24. davey101

davey101 Initiate (0) Connecticut Apr 14, 2009

My only major repeat/regular buy is NEBCO Seahag IPA. Its been on hiatus for a month or two now, but Gandhi Bot was also a regular in my fridge.
  25. SeaOfShells

SeaOfShells Savant (350) California Feb 22, 2011

Deschutes Inversion, Stone IPA, DFH Indian Brown, something Lagunitas, Gonzo.
    FatBoyGotSwagger likes this.
  26. CCW

CCW Disciple (70) California May 14, 2012

Newcastle, different seasonals, Stone AB or IPA when I can get it. I usually try to get something that I haven't tried before when I can get to a store that has a really good selection.
  27. goodonezach

goodonezach Initiate (0) New York Mar 24, 2011

i don't keep any 'regular' beers on, partly because since i started working at a beer bar i don't drink at home too often, but more because i like rotating my beer based on season, availability, and what looks interesting. i do keep lots of homebrew, but even that rotates pretty extensively. so far i've done about 20 batches and have only repeated two recipes.
  28. Right now Breakfast Stout, during the summer its Kellerweis.
    FCal79 likes this.
  29. alexipa

alexipa Savant (410) Colorado Oct 7, 2011

I basically always seem to have Old Chub in the fridge. I don't even know how it gets there half the time... but I sure do love to drink it.
    goodonezach likes this.
  30. mychalg9

mychalg9 Advocate (710) Illinois Apr 8, 2010

I keep Coors Light and ODouls on hand for the 2 friends that stop over regularly. If other guests are coming over I'll throw some Sierra Nevada in there or something. I usually try to keep the good stuff hidden
  31. I always have High life on stock.

I usually have some random leftover Sam Adams/Sierra Nevada, also Smuttynose Finest Kind is in my fridge a lot.
  32. king henry. because I can't bring myself to open my last bottle. so it's become a regular...
    goodonezach and ChanChan like this.
  33. Allagash White always
    FatBoyGotSwagger likes this.
  34. franklinn

franklinn Savant (440) Vermont May 29, 2012

Heady Topper, Weinstephaner Hefe and usually some Old Raspy :)
  35. When I lived in Jax, FL it was Intuition I-10 IPA cans, now that I've moved to Charlotte it's FBS so far. Just brought some I-10 up though:)
  36. JimKal

JimKal Savant (325) North Carolina Jul 31, 2011

You didn't make a mistake. Your "family member" abused your hospitality. How inappropriate to go into a hosts refrigerator without asking, then to actually take something out without asking. It appears to be an overdeveloped sense of entitlement. I hope there was a gentle explanation on your part and then an apology from your visitor.
  37. ChanChan

ChanChan Advocate (555) California Dec 12, 2009

The following beers are almost always in the fridge:
    Kern River Just Outstanding: Hop bomb fix!
    Old Rasputin: Can't go wrong!
    Anchor Steam: I feel like a beer but I don't know what to drink...
    Parabola: Steak dinner, celebration, or just for the heck of it!
    Any Russian River -ation beer: Dinner with my girlfriend!
    Corona: Just got off work and I don't want to think about beer, also I feel like drinking upwards of ten beers tonight and having at least one solid cigar!
    Coors Light: I feel like drinking more than 10 beers tonight and probably smoking a couple of good cigars!
  38. copious amounts of Odell IPA
  39. TX-Badger

TX-Badger Champion (805) Texas Jun 14, 2012

Almost always in my fridge at some point:

Sixpoint: Resin, The Crisp, Brownstone, Righteous Ale, Sweet Action, and Bengali Tiger
    Jester King: Mad Meg, Noble King, whichever limited edition they have out
    Rahr & Sons: seasonal (now Oktoberfest), Ugly Pug
    Stevens Point: Classic Amber
    Different seasonals from Boulevard, Real Ale, and DFH
  40. Never run out of:
    New Glarus Moon Man
    High Life
    Coors Light
    August Schell Hopfenmalz
    Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald