1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Whats it take to get Persica

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by codysjb, Dec 3, 2012.

1. What have people traded for this, or what with someone with this want to let go of it.
    Cheers

2. I traded one for a BCBVS, but I regret it....and doubt that would happen again. I have another that I'd like to use as a big ass package for....wait for it....Ann. I know, mere mortals can't get Ann, but I'm gonna throw everything at it!

3. huskermike12

huskermike12 Savant (460) Iowa Nov 14, 2011

I traded a Bramble and BCBCS for Persica+

4. I almost traded my Mimosa for one.

5. Brew33

Brew33 Advocate (655) Ohio Oct 24, 2007

Borderline whale status. I've attempted multiple brewery-release bottles but wasn't close.

The one thing I'll tell you is that it's 100% worth trading for. I couldn't believe how good it was. Cam graciously opened one at a recent tasting and it blew everyone away.

6. kiki3drt292

kiki3drt292 Savant (360) California Jan 13, 2011

I traded one for a 2011 Damon recently

7. metalgdog

metalgdog Savant (305) New York Dec 17, 2010

I threw up a couple ISO posts offering some solid brews like Black Note and Surly 4 and had no takers. Per the Crooked Stave website, there is a new batch being released during the 1st qrtr next year to Reserve Society members so it might be easier to land then.

8. I opened my last 2012 bottle when Texas A&M beat Bama (gig Em). I felt it was a worthy time to open it.

I don't know if I'll trade any Persicas I get in the Society next year. It's so damn good.

HopsJunkiedotcom likes this.
  9. I'm sure it won't stop me from begging you for it anyways. :p

10. I really hope that you didnt since its only been released for the 1st time in 2012.............

11. kiki3drt292

on the bottle it says "2011 vintage"
    #642/864
    released in 2012, must have been brewed in 2011

12. It was the 2012 release in feb (and it was cold as hell that day).

13. Are these actually trading that well o_O. I just got my 3 bottles from my trustee. I was planning on keeping all 3 as I got to taste it from a bottle someone else had gotten back in Austin. But it sounds like there are several other things I've really been wanting to try that this is managing to land. Might have to relent and trade one. Has anyone done a side-by-side with Fantasia?

14. stxSS07

stxSS07 Initiate (0) Illinois Nov 23, 2010

Pick me pick meeeeeeeee.

Seriously though...trade me a Persica.

15. No side by side, but fantastia was an amazing beer!

16. Did a side-by-side with Fantasia, Logsdon Peche n Brett AC Golden Peche/Apricot and two different bottling of the mighty Fou Foune. Amazed at how well Persica and the AC Golden Apricot were showing right next to the vintages of Fou Foune. Persica might have been the show stopper. It wasn't even fair to have Fantasia as part of the tasting.

claspada likes this.
  17. Never heard of AC Golden Apricot. Shocked when I saw it was made by Coors. Where do they sell it o_O. Curious to try it now.

18. kiki3drt292

They sold it exclusively at a store called "Mile High High Wine and Spirits" in Denver. Sold out in like 30 minutes when it came out, if I remember correctly, at the beginning of summer. They did a Kriek as well. You see it pop up on trading forum from time to time, so I'm sure there are people that still have bottles. IMO AC Golden Apricot> The Bruery's Filmishmish.

19. I'll trade you an Apricot for a Persica...

In all seriousness, this beer took many by surprise. Sadly the batch was insanely small, 16 or so cases. They will be releasing a new batch early next year and it should be composed of a wider range of barrels. All their barrel aged fruited sours are wonderful. Think Lou Pepe volume of fruit.

knucks999 likes this.
  20. I'll definitely think about it. Still not sure I want to trade the Persica since I already know how good it is lol. Anyone know if the Crooked Stave Batch 1 is supposed to be any good. The few reviews there are were positive, but there's not really enough to go on.

21. I thought it was great. Over the many visits to the brewery I walked out with at least one every time (usually 2-3). Unfortunately (even with good intentions of cellaring a couple) I drank my last one a couple of weeks ago.