1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Whats one country you have never tried beer from, yet would like to.

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by devlishdamsel, Jan 11, 2013.

1. I would like to try a Lion Stout from Sri Lanka. It's not to die for or anything but worth trying I hear. More than that I'd like to try a legit sahti from Finland. Or anything from anywhere for that matter...because I'm kinda inexperienced in my varieties. I'm living abroad in a country where alcohol's illegal. And before that in America I was in a position where I wasn't allowed to drink at all. So, It's not my fault! I'd love to try everything I can get my hands on! Soon...two months left until I move back to America! yahoo.
  2. Eastside151

Eastside151 Savant (450) Ohio Jun 29, 2012

For the sake of giving those a general idea of where the Isle of Man is if they have never heard of it I included the UK on the end. I'm aware they are a crown dependency with their own parliament & only part of the British Isles. Did not know they were only associate members of the EU and not full fledged members though. Have you tried any Okells before?
  3. I had a fair bit of Kiwi and Aussie 'boutique' beer when I was over that way and I can't say I tasted anything new. Not to say what I had wasn't good, just not distinct from American style craft beer (actually, some of it wasn't good). I've had some interesting stuff in Japan but nothing impressive. I'll delve deeper next time I'm there. I'd really like to try some traditional ales from The Netherlands other than La Trappe.
  4. I only mentioned the status because of their unique brewing law.
    Their courts could sentence criminals to corporal punishment until 1993 though last done in 1976.They have their own legislative powers.
    I have tried some beer from there but it was so long ago I forget which :)
    Eastside151 likes this.
  5. ThirstyFace

ThirstyFace Initiate (0) New York Jan 11, 2013

6. Not a country... How about a continent... Africa!
  7. frazbri

frazbri Advocate (600) Ohio Oct 29, 2003

Italy. I see a few bottles on the shelf, but I haven't splurged on one yet. (technically, I have had Peroni)

Also, how geographically challenged are we in this country? Antarctica? Really?
  8. Same here. Being part of an Italian family here in the US I am ashamed to say I have never had any of their craft (I do have a bottle of Bira Etrusca in my fridge though!).

France's craft has got to be good. Amazing food culture has got to produce some damn fine brews too.
  9. tectactoe

tectactoe Champion (760) Michigan Mar 20, 2012

Costa Rica. Not sure if they make good beer over there, but goddamn their coffee beans are amazing.
  10. I have no idea where i read this, but I remember hearing that some sake makers in japan were trying to make some different craft. Would be interesting to try if such a product exists
  11. Handle

Handle Savant (370) North Carolina Mar 16, 2009

I think we've all had beers from Mexico, but I haven't had craft beer from Mexico. I read recently about their burgeoning scene and it intrigued me; I'd love to try some Mexican craft beers.
  12. BrownNut

BrownNut Savant (305) Florida Jul 11, 2011

Sweden. Just because I've had a couple good things from Norway now and am interested to see if those sensibilities bleed over in to Sweden. Everything else about Sweden seems awesome. Except maybe high booze taxes.