1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

What's the craziest beer you have had?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by smitherz22, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Sourkehd

Sourkehd Zealot (90) Massachusetts Dec 10, 2012

2006 3fs Doesjel was chock full of dirty diaper burnt rubber goodness. Very unique indeed.
  2. TylerD420

TylerD420 Disciple (60) Jun 27, 2012

I don't know how crazy this is but, I have had maple bacon, also bannanna bread!
  3. rvajohn

rvajohn Aficionado (245) Virginia Nov 22, 2012

Hardywood Gingerbread Stout may not be the "craziest", but it is definiteely one of the most unquie. There are lots of pale ales that one may remind me of another. I'd have to say. No other beer reminds me of this one
  4. I was gifted a bottle of Voodoo Maple Bacon Ale last week. I didn't think it was that exotic tasting. It just tasted like a rauchbier with way too many kinds of disparate smoked malts. I'm glad I tried it but happy to never have it again.

Most exotic beer I've ever drank...not really sure anything I've had counts as really exotic these days when you can find saisons with candied endive, chocolate and a bunch of other stuff in it or a coffee lambic. As long as it tastes good, I think it's fine to brew it. I'm not down for exotic brews just to say you did something crazy. If it doesn't taste good, don't sell it. Five ingredients or five hundred, the same rule of flavor should apply first and foremost.
  5. Cigar City's Snack attack. Tasted like straight up like peanut butter.
  6. semibaked

semibaked Advocate (610) Kentucky Mar 27, 2007

Well it would be Right Brain Brewery's Spear Beer, it is pretty much an Asapargus Lager, it was complete shit and I love Asparagus.

Also Short's Blood Beer is pretty crazy too, not a fan though, better than I thought it would be.
  7. BeerWizard

BeerWizard Savant (325) Colorado Dec 22, 2012

I had a dunkel-wiezen, which was perfectly good by itself -- even delicious -- splashed with some kind of red, fruity syrup by the barman. "Check this out," he said. Really? That, to me, was crazy.
  8. Xyauyù Etichetta Rame (Copper) - Birrificio Le Baladin
  9. shawnohall

shawnohall Savant (330) Texas Nov 8, 2009

Any beer made with different food flavors may be weird, but they're at least drinkable...to varying degrees. Brews made from body parts, bodily fluids or waste...I'll pass.
  10. Lutter

Lutter Advocate (650) Texas Jun 30, 2010

Funky Buddha Sweet Potato Cassarole
  11. 21st amendment hell or high watermelon, It tasted like bitter jolly ranchers. The taste lingered a bit too long.