1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

What's the trade value on a bottle of 2011 Framboise for a Cure?

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by flayedandskinned, Jan 30, 2013.

1. I just came into owning a bottle, I'm mulling over drinking it or saving it/trading it.
  2. podunkparte

podunkparte Initiate (0) Washington Nov 14, 2009

Is there something you want more? Name it and we'll tell you whether or not you could trade your FfaC for it or not. If you can't come up with something, just drink the beer.

3. Maybe some Cantillon or BCBS Cherry Rye. Im not entiredly sure to be honest. Ive only had the 2012 FfaC, and I adored it, i can definitely wait until October to buy another one if i could land some amazing beer that would otherwise be impossible to land.
  4. podunkparte

podunkparte Initiate (0) Washington Nov 14, 2009

Depending on the Cantillon, yes. I'm sure you could get a Cherry Rye for it too.

I'd say anything less rare/hyped than Fou Foune on the Cantillon side should trade. I think you'd have to add for Fou Foune.
    libbey likes this.
  5. $20 of other semi limited 1 year old beer. 2011 wasn't exactly difficult to get (lasted much longer than 2012) and other than Batch 1 the FfaC doesn't seem to trade for more than its purchase price.
  6. pschul4

pschul4 Advocate (625) Illinois Jan 7, 2011

I would say exactly this.
  7. Or, if you bought it at City Beer, $25 of other semi-limited 1 year-old beer. ;)
  8. I forgot! 2011 was the year it was "distributed" - $25 of regional, semi-limited shelf beer. :)
  9. I sent out two bottles of Ffac '12 for a botle of white chocolate
  10. Thecherryman

Thecherryman Initiate (0) Arizona Dec 8, 2010

I am interested in trying this delicious beer hah
  11. The price was lowered to $20 pretty quickly after it went on sale at City Beer. I had at least 5 bottles out of the cooler; all were $20.
  12. Anonymous1

Anonymous1 Savant (420) Illinois Mar 19, 2012

As part of a big trade I sent along a 2011 FFaC for a few bottles of '08 and '09 BCBS.
  13. Bad_Trader

Bad_Trader Initiate (0) Namibia Nov 8, 2012

The only threads I like better than those that start with "What's the trade value on a...." are threads that don't start with "What's the trade value on a...."

FFaC is ridiculously good. I'd drink it, but if you want to trade it, trade it for something that is very old, and likely past its prime. You should at least learn a lesson from all of this.
    libbey, domtronzero and Jparkanzky like this.

14. I know, I love FFaC, but I can get it as soon as it comes out every year, I live about 45 minutes from RR. I want to try some Cantillon, especially Fou'foune.
  15. abecall98

abecall98 Advocate (540) California Aug 11, 2007

Why don't you just post an ISO looking for Fou Foune then?
  16. bauermj

bauermj Savant (475) Illinois May 4, 2009

Levitation likes this.
  17. abecall98

abecall98 Advocate (540) California Aug 11, 2007