1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

What's the worst beer from your state that you have tried.

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by devlishdamsel, Jan 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sfsean28

sfsean28 Savant (365) New Jersey Dec 17, 2008

Yes indeed. I've been calling the Bud plant "Big Red" since reading New Jersey Breweries,written by Lew Bryson and Mark Haynie. first chapter The Big Red One,The flying Eagle.

this may be part of their future plans but I don't know. Some employees at the Newark plant have told me that currently its the only place where Rollling Rock is being brewed.
  2. Tidesox28

Tidesox28 Savant (395) Maine Apr 21, 2013

Will they ever stop? What's next? Grapehead? Lemonhead? It's all Shithead.
  3. Gotta give a shout out to the Mother Earth Peach Windowpane release in NC. A $19 drain pour. Still. Angry.
    johnsonni and Onenote81 like this.
  4. MarshMan71

MarshMan71 Advocate (585) Illinois Jul 17, 2012

DeSoto Lager - just released about a week ago. Bent River Brewing.... they make very solid beers. IMO. fiancée and I stopped in for cinco de mayo . Asked server about it. Said was supposed to be like corona and served w lime. So I figure why not. Completely tasteless the only flavor was the lime thank god for that. Good thing they still had the Jalapeño Pepper Ale still on tap so I could at least be festive.
  5. xanok

xanok Savant (395) Connecticut Aug 13, 2009

Eli Cannons frequently has this beer on tap.
  6. I haven't read this whole thread, and I'm sure someone already said it, but...

Weyerbacher - Idiot's Drool.
  7. hornsup

hornsup Savant (310) Virginia Nov 29, 2012

The River Company Dark Angel.... back me up on this BurningSpear
  8. seplo

seplo Savant (445) Connecticut Sep 8, 2009

I've only been to Eli Cannons a handful of times and don't remember if it was on tap but I can't knock'em for having a instate beer on tap with the amount of tap lines they have. It's just a beer I could care less for...CHEERS
    smutty33 likes this.
  9. Fort Collins Smoked Lager. To me, it just tasted like somebody dumped Baco-bits and artificial smoke flavor into a Budweiser Select. And I usually love most things from Fort Collins.
  10. o_O LMAO! Not baco-bits!
    PharaohBrett likes this.
  11. TheBoog013

TheBoog013 Savant (350) California Feb 24, 2011

12. hopheadwes

hopheadwes Zealot (90) Kentucky Jan 25, 2013

13. Slay40

Slay40 Savant (495) Michigan Feb 22, 2013

Easy one, mount pleasant brewing company sacred gruit, tasted like baby food meat, very gross.
  14. cetherid

cetherid Savant (385) Indiana Aug 23, 2010

FFF Bully Guppy
  15. Kahless

Kahless Aficionado (170) Kansas Mar 21, 2013

I've never had a truly awful beer from Kansas, but Free State's Ad Astra Ale is incredibly boring. Some of their other stuff is great though.
  16. NC here, Carolina Brewery-- Sky Blue Golden Ale.
  17. smutty33

smutty33 Advocate (650) Connecticut Jun 12, 2009

I hear ya,
    Places w/alot less tap lines most likely aren't going to clog up a line w/watermelon ale.
    Well maybe except for Dive bar.....lol.........:rolleyes:

Cheers Stud
    seplo likes this.
  18. BeerKangaroo

BeerKangaroo Initiate (0) Alaska May 30, 2011

Sea Dog's Pumpkin ale
  19. 3SH33TS

3SH33TS Savant (290) California Dec 21, 2010

Abita Purple Haze.
  20. Well Im not in Tennessee but Im 45 minutes away and buy a lot of my beer there so I'm going to use them since there is not a lot of beer in Arkansas to choose from.........

Yazoo Gertz is the winner , first beer I have drain poured in a while
  21. NC: Weeping Radish Oktoberfest
  22. MikeCactusGordon

MikeCactusGordon Savant (490) Ohio Feb 20, 2011

Ohio
    Brew Kettle "Black Jack Porter"
    Review: "Total Garbage"

Brew Kettle makes White Rajah (and Black Rajah is pretty good as well). That beer is going downhill fast in terms of consistency. They also make several other drain pours. Always great drafts (from other breweries!) at their brew pub though.
  23. Ugh. I had one of tbose back in 2000, nasty then too.
  24. So, rule of thumb.. Never put morning wood near your mouth.
  25. bump8628

bump8628 Savant (485) Oklahoma Feb 21, 2008

Everything I've had from Battered Boar and Hueberts has been awful, it's impossible to say which one was the worst.
  26. Agreed. But man, watermelon is a weird choice straight out of left feild. Would have thought they'd go with a citrus first. I guess the next logical one would be cucumberhead.
    Tidesox28 likes this.
  27. LBIsurf

LBIsurf Initiate (0) New Jersey Mar 17, 2009

Anything from Carton (NJ).
  28. swnoska

swnoska Aspirant (25) Texas May 10, 2013

Nothing Finer Than Shiner! Been drinking Shiner since the 70s. I have a six pack of Premium in the frig and the last keg in the kegerator was Bock. Drink what you like. And I like Shiner. The worst beer...no more in the cooler.
    javlin624 likes this.
  29. anything from southport brewing company. bland and un-fun. the stout tasted like weak coffee, had about the same mouthfeel too.
  30. Anything by Roth Brewinng, which is probably why it does not exist anymore and which is also probably why I will never try Gizmo.
    johnsonni likes this.
  31. New Jersey
    Boaks Double BW
    This beer is horrible.
  32. NORTH CAROLINA
    BIRDSONG MILK STOUT.
  33. Pecafaced

Pecafaced Savant (275) Maryland Dec 16, 2010

I was excited when I first found out about Baying Hound Aleworks. Basically a small nano brewery setup, which is awesome to see from a homebrewer's prospective. Then I was finally able to drink some of their beers....everything i had was over carbonated, metallic tasting and poorly made. So I would say anything from them has to be the worst craft beer in Maryland.
  34. I would have to say Troegs Dreamweaver. Just offensive.
    ironchefmiyagi13 likes this.
  35. adamdd

adamdd Savant (330) Michigan May 9, 2011

In Michigan (in addition to anything from Schmohz) has to be Chips and Salsa from Arbor Brewing. It tastes like the morning after a college drinking binge of Bud Light where you decided at the end of the night to get nachos from the Bell. I respect jale's review and opinion, but very much disagree. I can't untaste that beer and it's been over 2 years.
    decadance and superacct2004 like this.
  36. Burkbom23

Burkbom23 Savant (345) Connecticut Mar 11, 2013

I hate to say it because I like the brewery A LOT, and in fairness havent had a ton of beers from CT, but Two Roads Ol' Factory Pils wasnt very good to me.
  37. Green Flash East Village Pilsner.. Was that made as a joke?
  38. Not a fan of Stoudt's Scarlet Lady.
  39. shredder83

shredder83 Savant (420) Illinois Feb 21, 2013

This one was an embarrassment to Chicago.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.