What's your #1 rated beer?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by raynmoon, Feb 13, 2013.

1. KBS for stout and Heady Topper for IPA's...F'n PERIOD!!

2. All things considered, its by no means anybody's white whale. For the money though, it might be what I look most forward to every year. If it wasn't seasonal I would have it in the fridge everyday.

3. BelgBeerGeek

BelgBeerGeek Disciple (70) Belgium Nov 11, 2012

picking one beer as my top is actually impossible, it happens that i sometimes give more point to one beer than the other while i think they're both equally good, it's just the mood i'm in and etc ...
    but so far my absolute favorites are :
    De Dolle Stille Nacht Reserva both the 2000 and 2005.
    Hair Of The Dog Cherry Adam From The Wood.
    De Molen Hel & Verdoemenis Wild Turkey.
    Goose Island Bourbon County Stout.
    Dupont Avec Les Bon Voeux.

4. The small swig of Apple Brandy Hunahpu resonates in my mind but Melange 3 is up there as well for me personally.

5. Geuzedad

Geuzedad Savant (485) Arizona Nov 14, 2010

Russian River Pliney the Elder followed very closely by Cantillon's Lou Pepe - Gueuze.

6. Cantillon Fou' Foune!

7. enjoy by, kbs, bcbs and variants, HT, double galaxy, fbs, pliny. mind blown. boom

8. atomic

atomic Savant (455) Illinois Sep 22, 2009

Anti-hero? as in Revolution brewing anti hero? Didn't realize revolution was creating that much buzz out of state. I'm from chicago and we have antihero on the shelves of supermarkets for like $9 a 6pk. Always tell myself Ill buy it but I always end up buying something else. I guess because I see it everywhere, I pass it up for something I feel is more exotic. I guess I'll have to change my tune!

And its about damn time I visit the brew pub too.

9. hagbergl

hagbergl Savant (310) Maryland Aug 27, 2009

#1: Hill Farmstead Society & Solitude No. 4
    #2: Bruery Oude Tart

10. Nectar

Nectar Savant (310) New Jersey Jan 17, 2013

Don't review yet. But firestone walker sucaba

11. KBS and Backwoods Bastard followed by Founders Breakfast Stout and Hopslam

12. dan027

dan027 Savant (330) Pennsylvania Mar 28, 2011

My avatar should make it pretty obvious, haha, but Firestone Walker XVI absolutely blew my mind and claimed my top spot.

13. Michigan

Michigan Initiate (0) Michigan Oct 24, 2012

Stout: Bell's Black Note
    IPA: Heady Topper
    Belgian: Trappistes Rochefort 10
    Old Ale: BB4D
    Eisbock: Kuhnhenn Raspberry

Overall kick-ass experience goes to Rochefort 10. The first beer that made me go "woah. what just happened?!"

Shagator likes this.
  14. Shagator

Shagator Savant (410) Kentucky Mar 17, 2012

Dreadnaught is mine. Followed closely by Ruination and then ZD and Rye da Tiger. Unearthly holds a special place as it turned me on to craft beer. however i am starting to explore stouts more and more. Bo and Luke was very good.

On another note, why do people think others like ZD because of the name or label? it could be called purple unicorns and it would still be up at the top of my list. For that matter, it could be called purple unicorn piss and I would still drink it

15. Palate Wrecker for hops, Lukcy Basartd otherwise.

16. AleSmith Speedway Stout and Heady Topper alone could keep me smiling for the rest of my days. I would have gone with BCBS or BCBCS, but those beers are meant for special occasions IMO. Lots of delicious brew in this thread!

17. Winter: Victory at Sea
    Spring: Pliny the Elder
    Summer: Saison DuPont
    Fall: Dogfish Head Pumpkin

18. Such a difficult thing to pin down, but thats not a bad thing but a salute to all he great beer being produced today! Number One rated - in my mind is best in style and then overall and in that case it's a tie (I factored in accessibility and price)
    Founders Porter
    Bells Two Hearted
    Founders Double trouble
    Founders Imperial Stout

I don't have a favorite beer but maybe five that are untouchable

Isabelle Proximus
    RR Supplication
    Logsdon Seizoen Bretta
    Alpine Nelson
    Heady Topper

GennyCreamAle and cavedave like this.
  19. St. Bernardus Abt 12
    St. Bernardus Tripel
    Bell's Black Note
    DFH Olde School

These just blew me away when I had them...

highdesertdrinker likes this.
  20. Reviewed Abrasive. Actual Apple Brandy Hunaphu! Then BA Vanilla DL and King Henry.

21. TysonA

TysonA Savant (330) Washington Dec 12, 2010

The brewery is great. Went there when I visited Chicago in December. Anti-hero is a very tasty IPA. If they have E. Norma Gene be sure to give that a try too, they don't bottle that one yet.

22. TysonA

TysonA Savant (330) Washington Dec 12, 2010

HOTD Bourbon Fred
    Bruery Melange No. 3
    Boneyard Hop Venom

23. I feel like I still have a long way to go with my beer experience (and I don't really do ratings here) but my top beer is still FBS. It's just perfect at what it does.

24. Palo Santo Marron

25. WoodburyMN

WoodburyMN Savant (340) Indiana Aug 5, 2012

Zombie Dust

26. ivorycannon

ivorycannon Advocate (530) Indiana Feb 21, 2013

Dreadnaught!

27. 2008 Bourbon County Barrel Stout

28. Abner

DrewCapzz likes this.
  29. What's your #1 album of all time?
    This changes with the weather......NG Black Top.

30. TNasty1126

TNasty1126 Aficionado (175) Hawaii Jun 21, 2012

2011 Black Tuesday
    Surely Darkness
    3Floyds Behemoth
    Zombie Dust
    Heady Topper

My preciouses...

31. djsmith1174

djsmith1174 Savant (480) Minnesota Aug 21, 2005

I'm a crappy reviewer, but BBQ is my top one.

32. Casedogg43

Casedogg43 Savant (490) Indiana Jan 4, 2012

Zombie dust

33. DerrickW

DerrickW Advocate (535) Georgia Jan 17, 2013

Founders Imperial Stout

34. Pretty sure it's Reisdorf Kolsch right now, though just reviewed O'Hara's Leann Follain and that might take top honors. No perfect 5's yet.

35. Bildo

Bildo Aficionado (185) Minnesota Jan 24, 2013

To Date my top rated Beer would be Dark knight Returns from Barley Johns. it is released every 2 yrs. Waiting for others to age.

36. As far as ratings go, I have rated beers on here, RB, untapped and tasting cards from different events. I have never really combined them all to see what I gave my highest rating to. Three beers really stand out, the first time I had Isabelle around 08-09, BC Rare and Alexander. Out of those three I would have to go with Rare, the mounth feel and taste were excellent. It was a very decadent and wish I had another

37. WickedSluggy

WickedSluggy Savant (435) Texas Nov 21, 2008

Great Divide Yeti, all Fives. Just mentioned this in another post

Ozzie1111 likes this.
  38. Schell's Stag Series Citra Pils, Millstream Oktoberfest, Saison Dupont: All three are overlooked under appreciated styles that never get enough credit. Citra Pils was warm and bready with lively hops making it wonderfully refreshing; Oktoberfest was by in large the most in-style rewarding, reserved beer I have ever come across and challenging because of its clean cut simplicity; and Saison Dupont always always shocks me as to how good it is and puzzles me as to why it does not fly off the shelf especially since it is supremely versatile at the dinner table.