1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

What's your beer line up for Super Bowl XLVII?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Todd, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Todd

Todd Founder (1,430) Colorado Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

We've received a ton of attempts and requests, so let's kick off the official thread for this Sunday's NFL Super Bowl XLVII; Baltimore Ravens vs. San Francisco 49ers.

What beers do you have lined up and ready for the crushing? Pics if you got 'em.

Cheers!

(Please keep the thread focused on beer.)
    JoeyBeerBelly and KevSal like this.
  2. CW 1414, CW 15, Surly Darkness '12

Sure to be a joyous end to football season.
  3. BklynTerp

BklynTerp Aficionado (225) New York Oct 14, 2012

Heavy Seas Loose Cannon
    Heavy Seas Winter Storm (ESB)
    Anchor Steam
    Anchor Steam Porter

so far....
  4. HarryPotHead

HarryPotHead Savant (310) Maryland Aug 21, 2012

Being from Baltimore I love my Maryland craft beers but I can't say they beat what comes out of SF and Cali in general. Ive been sipping some of Flying Dogs Raging Bitch, but they'll be long gone by Sunday! Probably a lot of Natty Boh drinkers will be cheering on the Purple and Black this weekend though!!
    jgluck and SWChi like this.
  5. Cuvee De Ranke ,sucks, Black Note
    CWinchell likes this.
  6. Super Bowl means kegs. My buddy always hosts a SB blowout. This year is a keg of Boneyard RPM IPA and a keg of Maritime Imperial Pale Ale.
    petah12, dianimal, ggfunk and 6 others like this.
  7. ucfalum08

ucfalum08 Aficionado (180) Florida Jan 20, 2013

The beers in my fridge currently include Lagunitas Sucks, Ballast Point Sculpin, SN Narwhal and Cigar City Aged White Oak IPA so probably some mixture of those unless I pick up more before Sunday.
  8. FosterJM

FosterJM Champion (825) California Nov 16, 2009

Honestly. I havent even thought about it.
    Have a few things at the house I can open. We will have to have a look-see.

Cheers!
    Bitterbill likes this.
  9. Got a NC barrel-aged stout tasting planned with BASC, ORF & Event Horizon (maybe Mother Earth Silent Night). Got a friend bringing a Tart of Darkness and a Abbye de St. Bon Chien '07 to mix it up a little. Go Niners.
    Gaelic, CWinchell and st9647v3 like this.
  10. jdhende

jdhende Savant (345) Illinois Sep 27, 2010

Cuvee de Jacobins, 3f classic gueze, lagunitas sucks and maybe a bcbcs for a night cap.
    dianimal, st9647v3 and SWChi like this.
  11. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Poobah (1,125) Wyoming Sep 14, 2002

Same here. I have no idea but I'm sure I'll come up with something.

Edit: I tell a lie. One beer that I'll be having is a King & Barnes Christmas Ale from 1995. In no way football related, obviously.;)
    vurt likes this.
  12. EdTheEdge

EdTheEdge Advocate (530) California Mar 26, 2011

Probably a sixer of Anchor Porter.
  13. FEUO

FEUO Initiate (0) Ontario (Canada) Jul 24, 2012

Planning on a Pliny v. Abrasive show down.
    EvoJoe, CWinchell and ChanChan like this.
  14. hophead247

hophead247 Savant (430) California Jan 27, 2008

Black Label Hopocalypse.
  15. HumanParaquat

HumanParaquat Savant (385) Indiana Jun 23, 2011

Definitely cracking open my Rare...maybe some 08 Lou Pepe Kriek
    PerHops likes this.
  16. If I was buying something specific for the party, I would go with Anchor Steam, since I'm rooting for the 49ers (only because I hate the Ravens).

However, since the beer fridge and garage beer area are a bit crowded with new releases, I'm just going to grab the last Sam Adams Boston Lager sixer left from he holidays.
    50yrbeerman likes this.
  17. Well i will be watching Liverpool instead of the Superbowl.
  18. SN Torpedo throughout the game, BCBS at half-time, and finish with Bolt Cutter. Down with the Ravens!
    SanFranJake likes this.
  19. SN Celebration
    Troegs Nugget Nectar
    DFH 90
    Sipchue, MilkManX and BeerKangaroo like this.
  20. SWChi

SWChi Savant (310) Illinois Oct 25, 2012

Sucks...Hopslam..Red Chair...FBS...Youngs Double Chocolate...and win or lose...a BCBCS....since I grew up a Niners fan...Joe Montana days...
    RelentlessLefty likes this.
  21. Jacurdy60

Jacurdy60 Savant (355) Alabama Jan 23, 2013

Probably a sixer of sierra nevada porter
  22. TychoNDC

TychoNDC Savant (370) New York Jan 7, 2013

Gonna try and pick up some growlers of what's fresh at my local store. I believe they have or will have some Ithaca Flower Power and Lagunitas Little Sumpin' Sumpin', so I think I'll be pretty set with that.

My fiance is from San Fran and I am from Baltimore, soooooo....we're gonna need the beer.
    dcs1548, mecummins and Naters333 like this.
  23. A few friends and I will be enjoying some Palate Wrecker, Sucks, Bloody Valentine, Espresso Yeti and possibly some Black Tuesday. Cheers all!
    dianimal, jglowe77 and huysmans like this.
  24. Trying to convince my non-ipa loving friends to get a keg of sculpin
  25. For the past 5 years, I have maintained a tradition of drinking a 6-pack of SN Bigfoot, by myself, during the game. This year Bigfoot comes in 4-packs, so I'll be drinking two of them.

EDIT: And if the Niners win I'll probably open one of my T25s to celebrate, or something.
  26. Inglewood

Inglewood Savant (330) Illinois Jan 28, 2013

I probably will have some 3 Floyd's Gumballhead, & I'm going to try some 5 Lizards we'll see how it goes.
    BeerKangaroo likes this.
  27. kingofhop

kingofhop Savant (430) Oklahoma May 9, 2010

Ice cold bottles/cans of Budweiser, Miller Lite, mostly . For me and my people, it pairs best with pizza, wings, shots of bourbon, chips, dip and excessive yelling at the TV.
  28. Going to a local bar with a friend that's showcasing a whole lineup from Bell's--including Hopslam. Hoping to get my hands on a pint of that....
  29. Stouts
    Narwhal 2012
    Old Rasputin
    Lugene
    Worthy Adversary
    FBS
    josephwa and gustogasmic like this.
  30. Bells HopSlam, Nugget Nectar and Lagunitas Sucks. Smoked brisket and ribs will keep me sober.. ha
  31. These all sound great, but it brings up a lingering question that's been in the back of my mind for awhile now: how in the world do you guys keep that much dark beer down?! One FBS, and I feel like I've just eaten a Thanksgiving dinner.... Thinking about drinking all of that in one session makes me want to vomit!
  32. Bear1964

Bear1964 Savant (280) Nebraska Dec 12, 2012

Stouts, Porters and Dark Ales.....Maybe something lighter to finish.
  33. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Advocate (595) Colorado Jan 20, 2012

Cantillon bio, it's my birthday. F' the super bowl.
    Focusf111, meanmutt and Hotmetal1 like this.
  34. huysmans

huysmans Savant (330) New Jersey Dec 5, 2007

IPAs with my father - Hopslam, Palate Wrecker, Nugget Nectar, Sucks, and maybe a few others.
  35. Stillwater Beer Table - Table Beer

Go Ravens!
    WickedSluggy and BottleCaps80 like this.
  36. 4 pack. Heady Topper.
  37. I can't decide if I want Flower Power or Union Jack. Equal alcohol, near equal BA ratings...I'm thinking whatever's freshest? What do you guys think?
  38. Squidly

Squidly Savant (425) New Jersey Nov 26, 2006

Our Superbowl runs the entire weekend, including Friday night. Appropriately, we've stocked up:

Tired Hands Single Hop Amarillo, Farmhands, and Nigel

[​IMG]

I've also got a growler of Yards Bourbon Trubbel that will be crushed shortly.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.