1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

What's your beer line up for Super Bowl XLVII?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Todd, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Genuine

Genuine Savant (415) Connecticut May 7, 2009

I think I'm going to have some SN pale ale and ruthless rye.
    highdesertdrinker likes this.
  2. Still debating but I was considering going with something on the lower end of the abv scale. I'm thinking Victory Prima Pils or Lagunitas Daytime IPA. Of course I'll probably end up bringing a couple other treats for myself and whoever else wants to share. Any other suggestions?
    CWinchell likes this.
  3. mnguyen281

mnguyen281 Initiate (0) Texas Apr 9, 2009

Same as every year. 3x24pk miller lite, 3x12pk corona extra, 3x12pk heineken and maybe some dos equis sprinkled in. Will be grilling and boiling crawfish though.
    BrewerB and kingofhop like this.
  4. Crackerroll

Crackerroll Savant (295) Missouri Jan 16, 2011

Probably SN Celebration or maybe Schlafly AIPA.
  5. betterbgood

betterbgood Aficionado (170) Ohio Aug 23, 2008

im thinking bout going with Founders dry-hopped pale ale.
  6. kingofhop

kingofhop Savant (430) Oklahoma May 9, 2010

OK, it's settled. I'm drinkin' COLT 45, in honor of the team that Should have/ Could have been in the SB. I hate everybody but Indy.
  7. jds8411

jds8411 Savant (465) California Oct 12, 2008

Going to a party and my friend is providing a keg of Sam Adams Boston Lager. All I have to do is bring some chips and salsa. Seems fair enough to me.
  8. MoparGrease

MoparGrease Initiate (0) California Jul 26, 2012

A case of Sucks, 2012 Black Ops, and maybe 2012 Parabola
  9. drocpsu

drocpsu Savant (250) New Hampshire Dec 25, 2006

Anchor and Stillwater beers.

Just kidding, (though the Stillwaters would be sweet). Prob just whatever is around my house. Mixed SA's and . I am going to be putting down buffalo wings an other junk to go along with it. Migr see if I can some Bigfoot before then as well though.
  10. russpowell

russpowell Poobah (1,040) Oklahoma May 24, 2005

A few Odell Reds & then what ever is in the basement & sessionable. I have no dog in the hunt & jury duty in the morning WTH?
    Bitterbill likes this.
  11. Probably having some Sucks after that
    Not sure what may be following as of yet !!!
  12. vikinghick

vikinghick Zealot (95) California Feb 6, 2012

Heady topper followed by BA speedway. And perhaps a touch of grey monday at the Bruery!
  13. Haven't given it much thought yet. Since my hatred of the Ravens/Ray Lewis has me pulling of the 9ers, I'll probably dig some West Coast wares out of the closet for the game. I like to got from "light" to heavy so I may go from Saison Rue to start to some Celebrations I've still gone laying around to maybe a Victory at Sea as a finisher. I've got some Orchard White, Hottenroth, Speedway Stout and some others I may fit in as well as the night calls (I'll be drinking/watching with pals).
  14. 2beerdogs

2beerdogs Champion (765) California Jan 31, 2005

Well, as Jason said, "keep it focussed on beer." So keeping it there. Who cares. I'll be drinking beer. So I'll be happy. I'm gonna start with Pliny, followed by SN Bigfoot, then Brown Shugga, and I'm gonna cap it with FW XVI and then....drum roll....Pugachev's Cobra (Hangar 24). Then I'll truly hate myself in the morning...except when I burp, then I'll have a reminder of some great flavors.;)
    CWinchell likes this.
  15. coachdicarlo

coachdicarlo Initiate (0) Missouri Apr 20, 2012

Bourbon County Brand Coffee Stout and we will see where it goes from there. Lots of options
  16. BrewerB

BrewerB Savant (420) Florida Mar 5, 2008

Got a growler of RR Janet's Brown, another of Mill Valley Treble Hook Rye, and a corny of my homebrewed doppelbock. We'll surely crack open others but I'm not sure what just yet.
  17. shand

shand Advocate (645) Florida Jul 13, 2010

A couple of these Bell's Smitten has me certain I'll be bringing the rest over to the Super Bowl. Probably pick up a sixer of Sumpin Sumpin to bring my drinkability game.
  18. JBogan

JBogan Savant (445) Nevada Jul 15, 2007

Super Bowl Monday (I'm in Europe at the moment and the game doesn't begin until Monday morning here) I'll probably start with a German beer or two and finish with a few nice Belgian offerings.
  19. kempshark

kempshark Aficionado (140) Florida Jul 22, 2009

Screw the Superbowl (have to work at 7:30pm-8:00pm that night......don't like either of the teams anyway (a Cowboys fan!! :) )......I will be drinking Friday night and Saturday night instead!! Probably a few IPA's (like Hopslam, Sculpin and White Oak Jai Alai that I already have on hand), some stouts or porters (Stone Imperial, Rogue Double Chocolate, Oak Aged Expresso (or Chocolate) Yeti, or Terrapin Liquid Bliss), or sours (such as Timmermans Oude Geuze Limited Edition, Rodenbach Vintage 2009 or 2010, or Jacobins Rouge).......maybe something else......who knows!! :) Then again, I could decide to go with Westy 12, St Bernardus Quad or some Rouchfort 10!!!
  20. Willbfun

Willbfun Aficionado (150) New York Sep 28, 2012

I'll probably just pick up a growler of Dead Guy Ale. Two Quarts ought a hold me. Last year I had a 5-liter of Warsteiner. 1st time I drank a beer in close to 10 years. I've gotten a lot better with age.

[​IMG]
  21. nc41

nc41 Advocate (600) North Carolina Sep 25, 2008

Abrasive and Pliny, both super fresh. I've been cooling it on the IPA's so Sunday will be really a nice break from the Stouts I've been drinking.
  22. You have a sick tolerance : ). Need any help?
  23. SN celebration, nugget nectar, FIS and whatever looks good for the growler special at Whole Foods tomorrow
  24. gtermi

gtermi Champion (750) Texas Apr 21, 2010

I will be chilling with a nice 6 pack of Lagunitas Sucks. Go 49ers!
    ChanChan likes this.
  25. zestd

zestd Savant (320) Idaho Jan 18, 2013

Deschutes Red Chair NWPA and SN Celebration.
  26. well it depends on where watch game at but if probably
    pre game: Alpine Duet
    1st quarter: Terrapin wake n bake or FBS
    2nd quarter into halftime: BCBS
    3rd quarter: was thinking of a 750ml to share a little but not sure debating on a sour maybe Marron Acidifie or RU-55
    4th quarter: maybe take it easy depend if i am driving lol
    cheers go 49ers
  27. Probably either a mini vertical of The Event Horizon '11 and '12, or Lindley Park '11 and '12. If I can get my wife involved, maybe both.

If I hit my grid #'s for big money, it will definitely be both!
  28. HoldenDurden

HoldenDurden Savant (270) Illinois Nov 27, 2011

29. nc41

nc41 Advocate (600) North Carolina Sep 25, 2008

As good as it gets.
    highdesertdrinker and dynajack1 like this.
  30. damn you

All I want in life right now is a bottle of Zombie Dust

But I'm setting my Super Bowl lineup as Hopslam, Blackstone Adam Bomb IPA, NOLA Hopitoulas IPA, Lips of Faith Imperial Coffee Chocolate Stout
    highdesertdrinker and dynajack1 like this.
  31. BCBS, Sucks, Flower Power, FIS. Bummed Nugget Nectar won't hit the shelves in MA until Monday!
  32. Wow, all I can say is.... WOW!
  33. Ballast Point Sculpin, Lagunitas Sucks and a bottle of BA Bigfoot should be plenty for me.
  34. Retsinis

Retsinis Advocate (520) California Sep 25, 2009

Have a growler of San tan chocolate porter, a 6 pack of Laguintas Sucks, going to fill some 2L at a local brewery, Enegren, with a stout & Alt beer. Also having a few friends over, and they will also be bringing stuff.

Overall, Gonna Open 4 to 9 growlers. Since were semi tailgating at my house.
    MSEGUIN and ChanChan like this.
  35. Heading to CT to Foxwoods for the game. Friend of a friend is a high roller so got us a suite. Will be packing a cooler with whatever floats my boat at the store tomorrow. Thinking some Rising Tide Tempest Coffee Porter and some Lakefront IPA will make the cut though.
  36. cnbrown313

cnbrown313 Savant (420) Illinois May 29, 2012

Not really a "line-up", but I got a 1/6 barrel of Behemoth ready for Sunday
  37. Angst

Angst Aficionado (185) California Nov 8, 2007

Nothing if I don't get rid of this damn cold I have! :(
  38. ChanChan

ChanChan Advocate (555) California Dec 12, 2009

Nice!!!!!
  39. Ohio_Stevo

Ohio_Stevo Zealot (80) Feb 1, 2013

Angry Orchard Crisp Apple Cider
    Lagunitas Cappucino Stout
    Great Divide Espresso Oak Aged Imperial Stout
    Willbfun likes this.
  40. I plan to drink a Two Hearted Ale during the Puppy Bowl and then go back to watching Top Gear UK or something
    Willbfun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.